Speedster, serious question here, what are your reasons for not taking the vaccine? I'm not trying to bust your chops here, I would like to know why you wouldn't take it.

Our situations are probably different. I work internationally and I'm guessing that soon a vaccine will be required to travel pretty much everywhere overseas. Even without the travel issue, I would want the vaccine anyway.

Sorry it took so long to respond. Many reasons that I said and many other reasons many have listed in this thread. BUT, the main reason is because I am not going to use a "medicine" that uses aborted children's body parts in it. It's a personal thing for me. I'm a firm believer that when God wants to take me, nothing I take or do will help. But hey, I still wash the hands, try and stay away from people, and I'll wear the damn face-diaper if I have to (which isn't much).

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it took so long to respond. Many reasons that I said and many other reasons many have listed in this thread. BUT, the main reason is because I am not going to use a "medicine" that uses aborted children's body parts in it. It's a personal thing for me. I'm a firm believer that when God wants to take me, nothing I take or do will help. But hey, I still wash the hands, try and stay away from people, and I'll wear the damn face-diaper if I have to (which isn't much).

That’s not true. The ones that do though have cells, not body parts, are vaccines you may have already received which include rubella, hep A, shingles, rabies ect.

Edited by Jim2Dokes
That’s not true. The ones that do though have cells, not body parts, are vaccines you may have already received which include rubella, hep A, shingles, rabies ect.

I’m as conservative as it gets, but the aborted baby issue on vaccines is this. 1) Those cells from that particular fetus are long gone. What you have now are stems cells that have been reproduced time and time again. 2) unlike so many other fetuses, that particular fetus has not died in vain - it has saved so many lives. 3) They can artificially make stem cells, now, so a stem cell is a stem cell is a stem cell. 4) aren’t we supposed to love all God’s creatures, yet we breed mice to be studied for a moment and then club them in the heads with hammers to kill them for science. If you think I’m exaggerating, my wife did this for a summer at Notre Dame.

Anyway, I’m not going to avoid the vaccine (which I get tomorrow) because of some distant relationship from the 70s of cells used today that have been multiplied millions of times over.

Got Pfizer dose one. Zero side efffects...

Just kidding. I’m fine.

Same...just got it today. Having a tail is pretty cool. Glad that’s a side effect. I’m about to try out this glow in the dark thing. It’s gonna be rad.

The J&J vaccine is just one of several options on the market now and I don't believe they have even rolled it out yet? The above excuse therefore absolutely reeks of BS as the mRNA does not come from aborted babies cells. Come up with a real reason please and stop using this complete horse manure to cover up your ignorance.

I'd happily accept someone saying no, I don't want to take it. I'd vehemently disagree with their take on it but they have a right to take a stand. Using the nonsense as quoted above though just takes the cake.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

The J&J vaccine is just one of several options on the market now and I don't believe they have even rolled it out yet? The above excuse therefore absolutely reeks of BS as the mRNA does not come from aborted babies cells. Come up with a real reason please and stop using this complete horse manure to cover up your ignorance.

I'd happily accept someone saying no, I don't want to take it. I'd vehemently disagree with their take on it but they have a right to take a stand. Using the nonsense as quoted above though just takes the cake.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

Like I said, I have more reasons than that. You do you and I'll do me. I don't need or want it. My body, my choice. Right cowboy? lol

Like I said, I have more reasons than that. You do you and I'll do me. I don't need or want it. My body, my choice. Right cowboy? lol

Good for you, you can be grateful when the rest of us get the vaccine and contribute to ending the pandemic for you. When you no longer have to wear your mask you hate so much, you can says thanks you I did nothing to help, just whined and complained the whole time.

Good for you, you can be grateful when the rest of us get the vaccine and contribute to ending the pandemic for you. When you no longer have to wear your mask you hate so much, you can says thanks you I did nothing to help, just whined and complained the whole time.

I mean, so long as this pandemic is being used as a political tool by both sides of our inept governance, I don't see any percentage of vaccinations making any difference whatsoever.

Red states will unmask. Blue states won't. The rest of the free world will have recovered and moved on. And the nonsensical tilt a whirl of childish, self-serving rhetoric/actions of those we promised to stop electing will continue to spin...

We will all remain passengers on a bus with no stops.

Oh, you are so "woke and virtue signaling" :baby: Let me know when you served your community for over 2 decades with honorable and ethical service and then tell me all about the experimental shot you took to save humanity. :pound:

Even if you can never cruise again? Reading that companies are going to demand full immunization.

Oh, you are so "woke and virtue signaling" :baby: Let me know when you served your community for over 2 decades with honorable and ethical service and then tell me all about the experimental shot you took to save humanity. :pound:

You’re on fire! I love it. Honestly, anybody who’s had Covid is vaccinated, so not everyone needs it if they’ve had covid or will survive covid. The liberals don’t get that yet still try to claim the mantle of #science despite being a bunch of history majors. Just look at Congress. A bunch of representatives have declined the vaccine (likely Republican) yet it’s the Dems who refuse to get back to business as usual. They can’t accept that you have a choice how you want to live in the world. It’s their way or no way. Freaking tyrants...

Even if you can never cruise again? Reading that companies are going to demand full immunization.

It will be unfortunate and I really do not believe that will happen or if it does, last long. But I can find other things to do if it were so.

You’re on fire! I love it. Honestly, anybody who’s had Covid is vaccinated, so not everyone needs it if they’ve had covid or will survive covid. The liberals don’t get that yet still try to claim the mantle of #science despite being a bunch of history majors. Just look at Congress. A bunch of representatives have declined the vaccine (likely Republican) yet it’s the Dems who refuse to get back to business as usual. They can’t accept that you have a choice how you want to live in the world. It’s their way or no way. Freaking tyrants...

Also they don't seem to understand that even if you get the shot, you can still get the virus and spread it. It ONLY helps YOU, if you get it that makes YOUR symptoms lessen and won't kill you. So if you get the shot and get the virus, you can still kill grandma if you go and hug her. So don't tell me how someone healthy getting an experimental shot is going to "save" anyone else.

Also they don't seem to understand that even if you get the shot, you can still get the virus and spread it. It ONLY helps YOU, if you get it that makes YOUR symptoms lessen and won't kill you. So if you get the shot and get the virus, you can still kill grandma if you go and hug her. So don't tell me how someone healthy getting an experimental shot is going to "save" anyone else.

Basically everything you’ve posted about this is wrong, it’s embarrassing. You were posting QAnon nonsense in other threads a few months ago, you’re thoughts on anything should be invalid at this point due to that.

So again, you are absolutely full of ****.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/pfizer-vaccine-prevents-covid-transmission-5116193

Here are relevant quotes:

The data showed that the vaccine was at least 97% effective against symptomatic cases of COVID-19, hospitalizations, severe and critical hospitalizations, and deaths.

Research has shown that the vaccine is 94% effective at preventing the spread of COVID-19.

“We knew that the Pfizer vaccine was great at preventing disease and death, but we didn’t know whether it would prevent transmission of the virus,” Timothy Murphy, MD, senior associate dean for clinical and translational research at the University at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, tells Verywell.

What is your stance on wearing seat belts and motorcycle helmets? Do you think that there should be no laws regarding those two items?

While I agree with you on a lot, I do not agree on this. There would be no such thing as herd immunity if this were true. Your body is basically trained to destroy the vaccine before it really becomes transmissible. That goes for any vaccine.

Alas, I still enjoy watching you get after it on these arguments. I also thank you for your service - I know it can't be easy when the inmates are running the prison of our society, right now, but there are a lot of us who still love you guys and teach our kids to hold you in high regard.

I love how anyone not conforming to the media narrative (left wing democrat narrative) are call Qanon and conspiracy theorists... SpeedsterX, I agree 100% with you. Let the sheep justify their delusions to themselves.

I will falsify my vaccination card and I dare any company to check my medical records... HIPAA 8-)

Would love to see the Supreme Court rule on forced vaccination of a still considered "experimental drug."

Happy Anniversary by the way for the "15 days to slow the spread."

Basically everything you’ve posted about this is wrong, it’s embarrassing. You were posting QAnon nonsense in other threads a few months ago, you’re thoughts on anything should be invalid at this point due to that.

Qanon? LOL I know nothing about that. This is research. You should do some of your own.

"In other words, even those who are vaccinated can still be exposed before the body has a chance to develop defenses against the virus. “That means it’s possible a person could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 just before or just after vaccination and still gets sick,” the CDC warned."

Your beloved CDC. https://coronavirus.nautil.us/can-you-get-covid-after-the-vaccine/

I can link many others but you do your own UNBIASED research. lol