• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now at 48 hours after receiving my first dose of the Moderna vaccine. Yesterday I ended up being slightly fatigued but woke up this morning and felt great. Went to my department gym and got a full chest work out in. One guy I know experienced arm pain, headache and chills, but he drank those side effects away and is fine now.

I’m in health care.

Everyone I know has been slightly sore with first shot

The second shot people are getting cold sweats, insomnia, swollen glands, and feel....sick

Yep same here. This is what I’ve heard too.

• 2 weeks later...

The wife and I got our first shots last week. We received the Moderna vaccine.

Our arms were sore for a couple of days, but that was it. We’re scheduled to get our second dose mid February.

My wife and I got our first shot of the Pfizer vaccine today. Go back for second shot Feb, 14.

COVID should not to be taken lightly.

My sister passed from it on Jan, 1 after only 6 days in the hospital. She felt very tired Christmas Day and remained in bed for the next 48 hours. Her husband took her to the hospital the next day and she tested positive. After felling somewhat better from medication given, she took a turn for the worse, her oxygen levels dropped and her breathing became very labored and she did not make it. She had no underlying health issues!

Get the vaccine as soon as you can!

My sister passed from it on Jan, 1 after only 6 days in the hospital.

Sorry to hear. I had a co-worker pass away from it several days ago. No underlying conditions either. We knew she had it because she told all of us on 12/30 during a Team's meeting. Then I'm being told a handful of days later that she was admitted to the hosp, then a few more days later that she was gone. Even as I type this, I still can't believe it. She was nowhere near being a "high-risk" patient. As I've said before, while the vast majority of people recover & move on, you have no idea 1) what lingering (possible long-term) effects you may have, or 2) if it might affect your body in the worst possible way & you don't even survive. Will be rolling up my sleeve as soon as my age group is given the okay.

Edited by NDNorm

Lost my uncle yesterday. He did have severe, underlying issues but he was on the road to recovery, in the hospital, then came down with COVID and never recovered. He was in his mid to late 60's and suffered from Parkinson's so by no means a picture of perfect health, but still.

I have an autoimmune comorbidity so I will be getting the vaccine as soon as my "group" is able to.

Condolences and e-hugs to all who have lost loved ones, friends, acquaintances, jobs or whatever, related to this damned virus. Be safe all.

Todd, condolences to you as well.

Praying for everyone to make it through, underlying conditions or no, The is a nightmare.

I appreciate that. I can safely say everyone here would have loved Gary - Irish fan for life, lived a good life in Vegas, and while highly classified at the time, was heavily involved in the development of one of our most advanced war planes to wind down his career in the Air Force. He was something of a super hero to me as a kid :D

My sister was 66.

I'm sorry. That really sucks. My parents are that age and my wife's parents are even older. We've been keeping an eye out. The get their second shots all next week, so that really leaves me as the lone man out.

Jersey and ND Norm..... I'm so sorry for your losses.

Thanks. What makes me more sad about her situation is that she gave SO MANY hours to her job - and while we never actually discussed it - I'm sure she was pretty close to calling it a career & retiring.

On a brighter note, she got to see 2 daughters through most of their life milestones, including the youngest one graduating from thee University of Notre Dame a few years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
Second dose received by wife. Aside from a sore arm, no side effects.

I got smashed by mine lol. I felt fine the day of...but in the morning I felt like I had the flu for about 8 hours. Body aches, chills, nausea, headache, etc....