Did any of you guys see that 2 health workers in England had anaphylactic reactions to the shot yesterday? Now the Warp Speed director is saying if you have severe allergies don't take the Pfizer vax. Andddddd America only bought 50M doses which is enough for 25M people. We are going to be locked up until the Aliens show up for disclosure! SMH

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did any of you guys see that 2 health workers in England had anaphylactic reactions to the shot yesterday? Now the Warp Speed director is saying if you have severe allergies don't take the Pfizer vax. Andddddd America only bought 50M doses which is enough for 25M people. We are going to be locked up until the Aliens show up for disclosure! SMH

I didn’t see that

I wonder if that was suppressed

What is actually in these vaccines

They excluded people who have severe allergies from testing then injected two of them on the first day. Well done Britain.

On any run of the mill form you tick yes or no to having allergies. How they missed this or excluded it is beyond belief from the doctors and yes, also the recipients.

Who's taking any vaccine? I sure as hell won't but then again, I never take the flu shot either. Not saying I couldn't get the Rona but with a 99.9% chance of recovery, I'll take my chances. I also fly in airplanes.

Speedster, serious question here, what are your reasons for not taking the vaccine? I'm not trying to bust your chops here, I would like to know why you wouldn't take it.

Our situations are probably different. I work internationally and I'm guessing that soon a vaccine will be required to travel pretty much everywhere overseas. Even without the travel issue, I would want the vaccine anyway.

I am not anti-vaxxer, but I am not voluntarily getting this vaccine, whether it is Moderna's, Pfizer's, AstraZeneca's or anybody else's.

My issue is the data or lack thereof that we have for these vaccines. The average vaccine development takes a decade. There is reams of data on short and long-term side effects before it is approved for use by the public. We don't have that in this case. This is being jammed through in 9 months. I'm not comfortable with that. Even allowing for some slack because of previous research on prior coronaviruses (SARS, MERS), I'm not assuaged.

My job might make it compulsory and, if so, I'll get it. I have a really good job and am not choosing this as my hill to die on regarding employment.

There are no preservatives in the vax. There is a type of lipid aka oil/fat in the shot. I'm guessing that the issue. The lady that worked 30 years developing the mRNA product for Moderna was the person who figured out how to keep the body from rejecting/attacking the mRNA. So if the people aren't allergic to the fat then it makes me wonder if the body is reacting to the mRNA? My buddy called SG Jerome Adams the other day and he said they are safe and that he and VP Mike Pence were taking the shots on TV.

As a 1st responder, we are in the 1st phase of the rollout and I would say 60% of the cops in my department said "no" to getting the vaccine. Not sure about the fire department, but my anecdotal evidence from them says it is a similar percentage. I also said "no" to the vaccine.

I am not really bothered by these two reactions, every vaccine has that happen. I just think

1) The vaccine was clearly rushed

2) Covid-19 is the most overblown virus in the history of humanity

3) How effective is it and if we all still have to wear masks and "social distance," then what is the point of getting it? I was hoping this vaccine would at least let us return to normal life...

Who's taking any vaccine? I sure as hell won't but then again, I never take the flu shot either. Not saying I couldn't get the Rona but with a 99.9% chance of recovery, I'll take my chances. I also fly in airplanes.

I might get it at some point way down the road. However, I'm not at serious risk and I'd rather let the more at risk people get their shots first.

Posted in the Trump thread, but my wife got it. Wasn’t a big deal. It was just like the flu vaccine...a little stick, a little local soreness, and that’s it. As far as other considerations, we figured we don’t want to have anymore kids and if we have anaphylaxis, it’s easily corrected with a shot or benadryl. Anyway, all good so far...let’s see how the second dose goes in three weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

I know 2 very fit people that got rona and had a hard time with it. yes they recovered but it was months of lingering issues. I'll be getting that vaccine as soon as I can get it.

I know 2 very fit people that got rona and had a hard time with it. yes they recovered but it was months of lingering issues. I'll be getting that vaccine as soon as I can get it.

Same here w/the vaccine. That's one thing that gets lost in the shuffle when the virus is talked about. Yeah, the vast majority of people who get it, recover, and then move on w/life. But there are all kinds of variations of recovery. Some hardly have any symptoms, some a little more, and some who struggle mightily before getting better. And then the big unknown is what long-term, lingering effects you'll have down the road. My preference - even though I theoretically shouldn't be one to worry about being horribly affected - is to not even find out by never getting the virus in the first place.

Same here w/the vaccine. That's one thing that gets lost in the shuffle when the virus is talked about. Yeah, the vast majority of people who get it, recover, and then move on w/life. But there are all kinds of variations of recovery. Some hardly have any symptoms, some a little more, and some who struggle mightily before getting better. And then the big unknown is what long-term, lingering effects you'll have down the road. My preference - even though I theoretically shouldn't be one to worry about being horribly affected - is to not even find out by never getting the virus in the first place.

The lead singer of Tool Maynard James Keenan had lingering lung issues 6 months after he had the virus.

Actually, it’s a 98.3% survival rate in the United States. That’s pretty terrifying if you really think about it because it has lead to almost 360,000 deaths! Back in August, it was a 97.5% survival rate. I think the reason it’s not as deadly as before is due to some of the drugs available to hospitals to help patients recover.

Below is the website I got my data from.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesper100klast7days

With the mortality rate currently at 1.7%, I wouldn’t take my chances and would get the vaccine. I know I’m going to get one as soon as it’s available.

Edited by Baldy

I have seen estimates that the number of people who had had Covid is around 8 times the number of positive tests. If so, then over 100 million and maybe even over 150 million people in US have had it. Add 7+ million of vaccinated people and we are getting closer to herd immunity.

That would also lower the mortality rate if only 1/8 of infected people have had positive tests.

In any case, one would hope that the rate of transmission would start to lower due to an ever increasing number of people with antibodies from either the disease or vaccine.

I have seen estimates that the number of people who had had Covid is around 8 times the number of positive tests. If so, then over 100 million and maybe even over 150 million people in US have had it. Add 7+ million of vaccinated people and we are getting closer to herd immunity.

That would also lower the mortality rate if only 1/8 of infected people have had positive tests.

In any case, one would hope that the rate of transmission would start to lower due to an ever increasing number of people with antibodies from either the disease or vaccine.

The survival rate has always been 99.625%

The survival rate has always been 99.625%

Do you mean an untreated survival rate? Otherwise, it does not make sense for a static survival rate.

Given that treatments have improved, the survival rate for people admitted to hospitals should be higher now than back in last April.

The survival rate for people below 50 years of age is 99.6%, the older you get, the more deadly the virus is, which is the same with the flu... and every other virus. (statistically speaking, the flu is actually more dangerous to children than Covid-19). However, one must also take into account that less people died in 2020 overall than in 2019 (FACT #1). All other causes of death: heart problems, diabetes, cancer, etc, have gone down in the year 2020 (FACT #2).

So to call this a pandemic when:

1) less people have died than the previous year with NO pandemic

2) It appears many deaths are simply being re-categorized under Covid-19 deaths.

... is quite a stretch. Especially when rights are being violated because of it.

We have survived this long with ~50% not taking the flu shot, we will be fine without the Covid-19 shot that was clearly rushed.

The survival rate for people below 50 years of age is 99.6%, the older you get, the more deadly the virus is, which is the same with the flu... and every other virus. (statistically speaking, the flu is actually more dangerous to children than Covid-19). However, one must also take into account that less people died in 2020 overall than in 2019 (FACT #1). All other causes of death: heart problems, diabetes, cancer, etc, have gone down in the year 2020 (FACT #2).

So to call this a pandemic when:

1) less people have died than the previous year with NO pandemic

2) It appears many deaths are simply being re-categorized under Covid-19 deaths.

... is quite a stretch. Especially when rights are being violated because of it.

We have survived this long with ~50% not taking the flu shot, we will be fine without the Covid-19 shot that was clearly rushed.

Well "FACT #1" is at best you or your source not understanding that the CDC hasn't released total death figures or at worst malicious misinformation. Reuters USA Today

Both those sources and pretty much every other source shows around 2,854,838 died in 2019 in the USA and 2020 will have between 3.1-3.2 million depending on the source. We have more deaths than the year prior every year, as the population increases but this will be the largest percentage increase ever recorded.