Zeke Correll - Out for Syracuse?

Saw mention that Zeke Correll might be out with a high ankle sprain?

Does Lugg move over to center if Tommy Kraemer is back?

I would think so. This is exactly why it wouldn’t be fair to let a 5-0 Ohio State team in the playoffs. The season takes a toll without Covid even playing a factor.

I would think so. This is exactly why it wouldn’t be fair to let a 5-0 Ohio State team in the playoffs. The season takes a toll without Covid even playing a factor.
Totally agree. They play less games. As rough and taxing as football is, it would be unfair to let a team in that played about half the games of the other teams. Really think Ohio St may have an issue getting in the playoff. Michigan just paused football activities.
Totally agree. They play less games. As rough and taxing as football is, it would be unfair to let a team in that played about half the games of the other teams. Really think Ohio St may have an issue getting in the playoff. Michigan just paused football activities.

Agree 100%. Looks like Bucknuts will not even be able to play 6 games and one of the games left is with Michigan!

Agree 100%. Looks like Bucknuts will not even be able to play 6 games and one of the games left is with Michigan!
There really could be a massive controversy with the committee for the final decision. If there was ever a year, to give an undefeated nonpowerhouse (BYU, Cincinnati) a legit shot this would be it.

Ohio St is in real trouble for the playoff. I will eat crow if they get in at 5 wins, but I don't see it happening.

There really could be a massive controversy with the committee for the final decision. If there was ever a year, to give an undefeated nonpowerhouse (BYU, Cincinnati) a legit shot this would be it.

Ohio St is in real trouble for the playoff. I will eat crow if they get in at 5 wins, but I don't see it happening.

Remember that Big Ten schools will play an extra game against an opponent in the other division even if they do not play in the conference championship. So, Ohio St might play Wisconsin or Iowa while Indiana and Northwestern play for the championship.

This might give them 6 wins with the last one being against a ranked team.

Remember that Big Ten schools will play an extra game against an opponent in the other division even if they do not play in the conference championship. So, Ohio St might play Wisconsin or Iowa while Indiana and Northwestern play for the championship.

This might give them 6 wins with the last one being against a ranked team.

Ohio St only has 2 regular season games left this year (MSU, UM). Both may get cancelled, as UM football is paused currently with the virus. Even under your scenario if both are cancelled, that would give them only 5 victories. Even at 6 victories really don't feel they should get in the playoff.
Ohio St only has 2 regular season games left this year (MSU, UM). Both may get cancelled, as UM football is paused currently with the virus. Even under your scenario if both are cancelled, that would give them only 5 victories. Even at 6 victories really don't feel they should get in the playoff.

even if OSU wins the conference championship (or would OSU even qualify for the championship game). the biggest beneficiary of this would probably be A&M.

even if OSU wins the conference championship (or would OSU even qualify for the championship game). the biggest beneficiary of this would probably be A&M.

If they miss anymore games they will not be eligible for the B1GCG as it stands. That could change if the conference-wide average games played drops though.

If they miss anymore games they will not be eligible for the B1GCG as it stands. That could change if the conference-wide average games played drops though.

That is what I thought I remember. That a team had to play at least 6 games to qualify for the Big 10 championship game. But like you said the Big 10 could always change that.

That is what I thought I remember. That a team had to play at least 6 games to qualify for the Big 10 championship game. But like you said the Big 10 could always change that.

Yea I wouldn't put it past the B1G to tell all teams to *wink* shut down for covid *wink* for a week or two

There is going to be a huge asterisk on this season any way you slice it. It’s too bad that we have probably our best team under BK and have to deal with this type of environment.

When the season first started, I thought wouldn't that just be fitting for us to finally get a championship only to have Irish haters or casual fans in general label it as "fake," or one with a giant footnote. I thought, heck, how would *I* view winning the championship under these oddest of seasons?

But at the eND of it all, the road to a championship likely goes right through the same 2, massive stalwarts that it would during a normal season, so if it were to be us that wins it all, and we would knock off those 2 teams to do it, that's damn worthy, and I think historically would be viewed as a totally legit NC.

When the season first started, I thought wouldn't that just be fitting for us to finally get a championship only to have Irish haters or casual fans in general label it as "fake," or one with a giant footnote. I thought, heck, how would *I* view winning the championship under these oddest of seasons?

But at the eND of it all, the road to a championship likely goes right through the same 2, massive stalwarts that it would during a normal season, so if it were to be us that wins it all, and we would knock off those 2 teams to do it, that's damn worthy, and I think historically would be viewed as a totally legit NC.

Agreed. Especially if we have to end up beating one of those "two teams" three times.

Further, we've played a full season...it's not like anyone can say, well you only played six games but what if you'd played ten...