Someone's Gotta Ask - Go Ahead, Call Me a Sexist

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I heard that Vandy got her from the women's soccer team my first thought was why didn't you get someone from the mens soccer team.

Vandy dropped Men's soccer in 2006 due to Title IX.

Also, since her season had just finished, she had been already been subject to any NCAA/SEC eligibility screening/compliance requirements and SEC Covid protocols versus some random Vandy male student. No idea if that factored into the decision. Also not sure if regular students were even still on campus. Most campuses have sent students home until at least January.

Edited by jbrown_9999
Vandy dropped Men's soccer in 2006 due to Title IX.

Also, since her season had just finished, she had been already been subject to any NCAA/SEC eligibility screening/compliance requirements and SEC Covid protocols versus some random Vandy male student. No idea if that factored into the decision. Also not sure if regular students were even still on campus. Most campuses have sent students home until at least January.

had no idea that vandy dropped mens soccer. would've been more interesting had she attempted a 40 yard FG.

The issue is, no one really cares if they have a female kicker.

However, she did nothing to earn her spot, other than be good at soccer. She didn’t go through two a days. And off season workouts with the team, etc. the things that would have allowed her to earn her spot on the team and the rightful spot as “first female Power 5” player. This cheapens that and the history it represents.

On top of it, she gets SEC special teams player of the week? Come on. If you want to be considered equal at something, you can’t have different standards.

And to be fair, for me this applies to all such stunts, not just this. I feel the same when some old guy runs on the field for one play to say he was the oldest or similar.

Edited by corysold

Did you see Mason also allowed her to give a halftime speech about the effort of the team....? I'm sure he lost them all there... 1) when has a kicker ever given that speech? 2) Can you imagine busting your *** all season to have some lame a$$ walk in there and yell at you about effort when she's likely never endured the physicality most of those guys have endured to an exponential degree compared to her?

It's about time the woke crowd claimed a team though, and I'm glad it was Vandy after their BS about toxic masculinity.... My kids will never go to school there, I can assure you that. Then, again, I'm pretty sure UNC is off the list, too, after those jerseys on Friday... This entire season has been a joke for so many reasons. At least our boys keep their heads down and keep taking care of business with so many distractions out there.

This sensationalism is just silly. A proper woman is never going to be a linebacker on a man’s team no matter how much you put your mind to it.

Its not my sensationalism, they're her words not mine.

I have two daughters so I thought it was cool. Then I saw what she went in to do and thought “this is the second lamest thing that will happen in sports today.”

I have a daughter as well. I'd never let her on a football field. Especially for a publicity stunt like this.

Yeah, I'm on both sides of this one.

I get the word inspiring alot and I'm ok with it because I do work hard.

I never wanna be thought to be inspiring just because I use a wheelchair to get around.

In fact I posted 150+ times on here before I told anyone because I wanted the football to come first.

You guys are great. Thanks!

She's on the Vanderbilt soccer team, was a squib kick. She wanted to kick, team has COVID issues I think its cool.

You mean the Punter, who averaged 40+ yards per Punt couldn’t do this? I find it hard to believe. Look, movies, tv, video games, a lot of work places, books all suck bc of this SJW garbage. Keep it out of Football.

Did you see Mason also allowed her to give a halftime speech about the effort of the team....? I'm sure he lost them all there... 1) when has a kicker ever given that speech? 2) Can you imagine busting your *** all season to have some lame a$$ walk in there and yell at you about effort when she's likely never endured the physicality most of those guys have endured to an exponential degree compared to her?

It's about time the woke crowd claimed a team though, and I'm glad it was Vandy after their BS about toxic masculinity.... My kids will never go to school there, I can assure you that. Then, again, I'm pretty sure UNC is off the list, too, after those jerseys on Friday... This entire season has been a joke for so many reasons. At least our boys keep their heads down and keep taking care of business with so many distractions out there.

I wouldn’t stop my kids, though I don’t have any, from getting a Vandy education. However, I’d never ever play football there. I’d rather play in the Mac or AAC than play for a program who doesn’t take football seriously.

I sense lots of fear of women throughout this thread :grin:

This was just some good fun and really doesnt call for much in depth analysis.

That said...women dont need validation in the 21st century for their athleticism or in any field....i saw Carli Lloyd kick a 55 yarder at the eagles training camp. We all know women can excel in most all sports...from the WNBA to LPGA,,,Our womens Olympic team was kind of awesome, and i doubt anyone on this forum would want to go three rounds with Laila Ali. We will have a women as VP and one will soon be leading the pentagon.....Many women are successful in the military from generals to pilots we even have 4 army rangers....so relax fellas

And no football players will not be competing with women....but girls have been kickers often now in high school....and it wouldnt be surprising to see a female college kicker at some point that makes her team without a covid emergency

Its not a big deal, so dont fret guys football is a still safe space for us men ;)

aloha

It’s the pervasive SJW buls**t infesting all aspects of life. She did Jack to earn a spot and it was a pure PR stunt. All of this and her kick sucked.

And if it’s not a big deal why was she plastered over every piece of sports media? The kid from Buffalo ran for 8 TDs and 400 yards barely got a blurb.

The bigger question, what if they decided to return and smash her? Whose taking that blame? It does happen for kickers getting blown up once in awhile. Lavar Arrington was probably licking his chops when he saw this moment.

That wouldn't have happened unless she was in position to make a tackle. Any guy would have been singled out on sports media for being a woman hater if he tried to do anything beyond standing in front of her on a live play.

Is anyone else not shocked Pete Sampson is getting a boner over this. He’s liked every sarcastic tweet mocking the criticism of this dog & pony show. What a b1tch. Sarah sucks, let’s just say it. Any cancer kid you pulled out from the make a wish foundation could’ve made that kick.

That wouldn't have happened unless she was in position to make a tackle. Any guy would have been singled out on sports media for being a woman hater if he tried to do anything beyond standing in front of her on a live play.

The type of kick she did was especially the ones where kickers get smashed. Not very far, almost out of bounds with no help from the opposite side. I say good luck to her.

Also, you think the coach is going to be happy if his player just shadows her on a return for a td where she makes the game saving tackle because he wouldn’t block her. I think coaches would be even more angry for the player taking it easy on her. It’s football. Look what Bramlett did against Clemson right before the half. He made himself a speed bump to stop Etienne.

Oh well, time to move on...

Is anyone else not shocked Pete Sampson is getting a boner over this. He’s liked every sarcastic tweet mocking the criticism of this dog & pony show. What a b1tch. Sarah sucks, let’s just say it. Any cancer kid you pulled out from the make a wish foundation could’ve made that kick.

Dude, you really have to chill out. Every post of yours this thread has gotten whinier, angrier and more argumentative even with no one really arguing against you.

I can’t fathom getting so worked up about something that has zero bearing on my life.

Dude, you really have to chill out. Every post of yours this thread has gotten whinier, angrier and more argumentative even with no one really arguing against you.

I can’t fathom getting so worked up about something that has zero bearing on my life.

It reaches a boiling point. All of this SJW bulls**t is everywhere. Sports was the one thing it couldn’t touch and now they’ve got their dirty fingers in it. Since he’s so in love with Sarah Fuller, Pete should do the right thing and resign so a less talented woman can take his job.

The type of kick she did was especially the ones where kickers get smashed. Not very far, almost out of bounds with no help from the opposite side. I say good luck to her.

Also, you think the coach is going to be happy if his player just shadows her on a return for a td where she makes the game saving tackle because he wouldn’t block her. I think coaches would be even more angry for the player taking it easy on her. It’s football. Look what Bramlett did against Clemson right before the half. He made himself a speed bump to stop Etienne.

Oh well, time to move on...

The Kicker from last yr is on campus at Med School and still has eligibility. But there’s no woke PR points for bringing him in.

I don't know if you saw it, but as soon as she kicked the ball, she high tailed it for the sidelines.

It reaches a boiling point. All of this SJW bulls**t is everywhere. Sports was the one thing it couldn’t touch and now they’ve got their dirty fingers in it. Since he’s so in love with Sarah Fuller, Pete should do the right thing and resign so a less talented woman can take his job.

That’s your SEC Special Teams player of the Week. So Brave.

I think you missed my point. I can’t fathom caring who is the kicker who kicked an average squib kick on a team so bad they never got into field goal range en route to a 41-0 beatdown.

The fact that you’re pretending to give a **** about the sanctity of the SEC special teams player of the week award is just wild. I can’t name a single player to win the lauded SEC Special Teams Player of the Week award thus far through this year and if you guys in this thread weren’t so mad at the fact that this girl won it I probably wouldn’t have known she won it either.

The Kicker from last yr is on campus at Med School and still has eligibility. But there’s no woke PR points for bringing him in.

OR maybe the kid currently going to med school at Vanderbilt doesn’t want to play for a terrible football team anymore, which is why he isn’t on the team even with eligibility remaining. Which makes more sense?