National Title Hopes

I am watching the Ala/Auburn game and worried about NDs corners covering Ala's WRs. Also concerned about NDs WRs not being up to championship level. Really hoping Lenzy can regain full health and be a feared deep threat. Davis is not on his level if Lenzy is healthy.

Ala or a healthy Clemson are going to stack the box and dare ND to beat them throwing downfield. Those teams have the CBs to cover NDs receivers 1 on 1. Surtain on Ala will shut down down any ND receiver he covers.

I am watching the Ala/Auburn game and worried about NDs corners covering Ala's WRs. Also concerned about NDs WRs not being up to championship level. Really hoping Lenzy can regain full health and be a feared deep threat. Davis is not on his level if Lenzy is healthy.

Ala or a healthy Clemson are going to stack the box and dare ND to beat them throwing downfield. Those teams have the CBs to cover NDs receivers 1 on 1. Surtain on Ala will shut down down any ND receiver he covers.

I felt the same way but Clemson has weapons. This Powell kid just caught a 60 yard bomb, one handed, in stride.

ND were able to withstand that, they can withstand anything else out there.

That isn't really a shock though is it?

I mean, ND probably isn't the best team in the country. That's clearly the Alabama football factory and their 25 5* kids.

However, unlike previous years, I don't see ND getting blown out and they have a chance to win the game. Will they be favored, no. But they have a chance.

All that said, ND hasn't had the secondary to cover a lot of WR this year. But the opposing QB's also haven't enough time to throw the ball to them. That is the key to beating a team like Alabama.

I mean, ND probably isn't the best team in the country. That's clearly the Alabama football factory and their 25 5* kids.

However, unlike previous years, I don't see ND getting blown out and they have a chance to win the game. Will they be favored, no. But they have a chance.

All that said, ND hasn't had the secondary to cover a lot of WR this year. But the opposing QB's also haven't enough time to throw the ball to them. That is the key to beating a team like Alabama.

Perfectly said.

Clemson’s CBs were healthy against ND and they weren’t shutting anyone down. I think this is a down year for CFB overall, for obvious reasons, and Clemson/Bama/OSU are all much closer to the rest of the pack, ND included, than they have been over the last 5-10 years.

Clemson’s CBs were healthy against ND and they weren’t shutting anyone down. I think this is a down year for CFB overall, for obvious reasons, and Clemson/Bama/OSU are all much closer to the rest of the pack, ND included, than they have been over the last 5-10 years.

It’s clear that the pandemic is effecting a lot of teams. I see a lot of teams just unprepared. It’s really a testament to BK, many good coaches in normal years are not playing well. ND may play a full schedule, one of the few teams in the country and they are winning. Amazing coaching job.

Yeeeep and that's good enough for me.

Does ND even need to play another game? Syracuse and Wake Forest will do nothing for our resume and only present potential injuries. Beating a healthy Clemson would get us the number one seed and a loss still gets us in, but does it really matter?

At the least, cancel the Wake Forest game.

Does ND even need to play another game? Syracuse and Wake Forest will do nothing for our resume and only present potential injuries. Beating a healthy Clemson would get us the number one seed and a loss still gets us in, but does it really matter?

At the least, cancel the Wake Forest game.

Yep, play Syracuse because that’s the last regularly scheduled game but we shouldn’t make up Wake Forest when everyone else is cancelling games.

We can only lose playing Wake Forest. Whether that be on the scoreboard or via injuries, or exposure to coronavirus, we have nothing to gain winning that game.

So it’s total horseshit that while other teams are canceling multiple games when they only have an 8 game season to begin with that we are rescheduling a 11th game.

No, no, no

Yep, play Syracuse because that’s the last regularly scheduled game but we shouldn’t make up Wake Forest when everyone else is cancelling games.

We can only lose playing Wake Forest. Whether that be on the scoreboard or via injuries, or exposure to coronavirus, we have nothing to gain winning that game.

So it’s total horseshit that while other teams are canceling multiple games when they only have an 8 game season to begin with that we are rescheduling a 11th game.

No, no, no

I agree. No way on earth we should be playing that Wake game, especially a week before the Clemson rematch.

I’m okay with the Cuse game because it’s Books last home game and we could win with our second string

All that said, ND hasn't had the secondary to cover a lot of WR this year. But the opposing QB's also haven't enough time to throw the ball to them. That is the key to beating a team like Alabama\e

Exactly! The push from the front seven has QBs rushing their throws and out of sync. That covers up any deficiencies in the secondary.