Man, what a dichotomy. 27 years ago ND was approaching a clear underdog in BC after a week of unhinged euphoria after dethroning a #1 team that had been a multi-season juggernaut. This year, ND faces a clear underdog a week after toppling a #1 team that has been a multi-season juggernaut. But, there is FAR LESS euphoria and enthusiasm comparatively. Perhaps that's attributable to the uninspiring run of games this year's squad had put forth in the run up. Perhaps it's a fanbase that has been pining for a return to glory for the last 25 years. Perhaps it's the madness of 2020.

Whatever it is, the fact of the matter is that we're defending a clear pole position in the race for the national championship now. And, if you buy into poetic justice, the Jurkovec storyline sure does set up nicely for an upset game. Especially after a talented, mobile QB absolutely shredded our D.

This game scares me to no end. But, I do think Jurkovec works in our favor given that our defensive gameplan can safely focus entirely on frustrating Phil, whereas we had so many other players we had to respect against Clemson.

What say you ND nation? How are you feeling going into this game? And, can we enjoy the fact that we're coming off of beating the number one team in a nation?!? I mean, as nervous as I am about this season, I can't let that prevent me from enjoying the fact that we just beat Clemson.

I’ll be very surprised if it’s not close going into the 2nd half. There’s just no way they can keep that same level of intensity from last week. Add to the fact, BC is a pretty good team and it’s on the road, this is going to be a tough game. All I care about is getting the win, not worried about style points with last week’s win.

So I was just going back and looking up the 1993 season. I was 10 at the time so forgive me for not remembering all the details of the season but why were the Irish dropped from 7th to 11th after their week one win over Northwestern?

I can only guess that winning by only 27-12 at home against a team that had gone 2-9, 3-8, and 3-8 the previous three years was considered a bad showing. Especially since ND beat them 42-7 the year before at Soldier Field.

I can only guess that winning by only 27-12 at home against a team that had gone 2-9, 3-8, and 3-8 the previous three years was considered a bad showing. Especially since ND beat them 42-7 the year before at Soldier Field.

Yea that could most likely be the case but man to drop them three spots for that? Oh well, doesn't matter now. Was just curious. Thanks for clarifying, again, at age 10that was probably one of my first few seasons being an ND fan.

Our defense always shows up to play. If it's close, it's because the offense isn't scoring or is turning the ball over. Otherwise, I have full confidence we'll smoke these guys.

I am thinking the same.

Meets the criteria for a definitive trap game. However, I don't get all the pundits talking about 1993 as an omen. ND was 4-8 much more recently than 1993. That 4-8 season was longer than November 20, 1993 (the BC game). No one is pointing to the 2016 season as a historic data point for this 2020 team. Why point to a single game from 1993? I prefer to look at this year's personnel, performance, culture, preparation, etc. as indicators. I predict ND 41-17.

Meets the criteria for a definitive trap game. However, I don't get all the pundits talking about 1993 as an omen. ND was 4-8 much more recently than 1993. That 4-8 season was longer than November 20, 1993 (the BC game). No one is pointing to the 2016 season as a historic data point for this 2020 team. Why point to a single game from 1993? I prefer to look at this year's personnel, performance, culture, preparation, etc. as indicators. I predict ND 41-17.

The BC game from '93 has been mentioned ad nauseum by BSPN all week long-- sick of it. Lightning does not strike twice. Analytically, BC has no run game. Lea will have the defense t-off on Phil to remind him that he should have stuck it out at ND and waited his turn if it was truly his "dream school." Think your score prediction is pretty much on the money. Go Irish!