My goal is that the program develops this type of consistency, where they don’t have to go “all in” in any particular season. Maybe ND isn’t top 5 every season, but being in the playoff hunt every other yr is a very high, yet attainable benchmark.

Playoff pundits have us losing to OSU in playoffs (when chosen to even make it). I'd have to think that beating Clemson would be more difficult than beating the Bucks, but who knows...

When we can keep from losing by more than 14 every time then maybe the pundits will give us more respect.

Playoff pundits have us losing to OSU in playoffs (when chosen to even make it). I'd have to think that beating Clemson would be more difficult than beating the Bucks, but who knows...

If they beat Clemson again with Laurence in the ACC championship I’ll feel pretty confident going into the playoffs

“We”, you’re not on the team. And ND might not beat OSU, but it’s not going to be a blowout.

Stop it Jackass. I’ve invested and spent more time and money on ND than I have on anything else in my life. You know what I mean. Arguing to argue again I see.

I'm all in but beating Clemson twice, OSU and Bama would be a tall task. Assuming they're all in and seating. Definitely would be undeniable!

2 wins against Clemson is a minimum requirement to get a title this year I fear...

That 2nd win would either be in Charlotte -taking the ACC title and in the process setting up the playoff field as tOSU, Bama and UF/TAMU with ND...

Or that 2nd win might need to come in the playoff title game if we lose in Charlotte, setting up something rarely if EVER seen in CFB...a rubber match...

I can easily see a scenario where we would need to beat tOSU/Bama in a semi and then face Clemson for a 3rd time in the final...

I am pretty sure that anyone that has issue with "We" when referring to sports teams is also the person that asks you to sit down and be quite at home games. :grin:

Lol....I agree....now I got to get my game day gear ready I wouldn’t want to let the team down.

When we can keep from losing by more than 14 every time then maybe the pundits will give us more respect.

And we just managed that...for literally the first time under BK's watch. Not only did we avoid losing by double digits, but we actually pulled off the upset. That says a lot about what kind of team we have...

Consistency is probably still our biggest issue, particularly at QB. If Book has an off game against either BC or UNC, we are toast.

Clearly ND could win the title this year.

They are far from the favorite, but who knows.

Ohio St. hasn't looked unbeatable. They've beat Clemson. Alabama is probably the biggest test out there. But in 1 game anything can happen.

100%. But if we did get paired up with Bama, we aren't losing by 4 TDs again. Keeping it close against a team with that flavor of talent and coaching would be very impressive, in my eyes.

And we just managed that...for literally the first time under BK's watch. Not only did we avoid losing by double digits, but we actually pulled off the upset. That says a lot about what kind of team we have...

Consistency is probably still our biggest issue, particularly at QB. If Book has an off game against either BC or UNC, we are toast.

We managed to keep it close with Clemson before. The hurricane game and when they “turned the corner” as a program against us. Regardless, I have yet to see ND keep it close with Ohio State in my lifetime.

I guess I’ll have to see it to believe it.

We managed to keep it close with Clemson before. The hurricane game and when they “turned the corner” as a program against us. Regardless, I have yet to see ND keep it close with Ohio State in my lifetime.

I guess I’ll have to see it to believe it.

Well, that was before Clemson was stocked with 5* talent and was just starting to turn the corner....as you said...

Edited by echo88

ND kept it close numerous times against Top 5 teams recently: #2 FSU 2014 (made CFP), #12 Clemson 2015 (CFP Runner Up), #15 Georgia 2017 (CFP Runner Up), #3 Georgia 2019 (finished #4).

By the way, I'm not saying a close loss is good or anything close to that - a loss is a loss, so close losses count for nothing. Just saying that as annoying as blowouts to 2012 Alabama, 2017 Miami (wow, that has gotten worse looking back on it), and 2018 Clemson were, BK's teams usually play respectable against top-tier competition - but they never won until Saturday, obviously.

Hopefully this year he keeps winning because the entire fanbase should be sick of touting close losses to Georgia as being close to elite.

I'll agree to ND being an elite school when they put together several consecutive undefeated/1 loss seasons with NY6 bowl wins and some CFP wins sprinkled in there too. Even if they never get the NC win. Until then, we're not. We're probably one of the top 2-3 schools in the echelon just below elite.