I'll admit with 3 minutes left in the game when we got stopped...

TorontoCroatian

I thought it was over...punched the couch....threw the remote.....cursed a few choice expletives....and gave up. Turned off the tv and asked God why...why can't we just win a big game for once....

Then checked the update on my phone and saw we were getting the ball back...and said, f it, I'll watch for a miracle...

And damn, we did it. I'll also admit on 4th and 24 at the end I feared something bad would somehow happen. But thankfully, it didn't.

I told God, I'll be giving a large donation to a food bank today. And off to light a few candles at Mass today in thanks.

Finally, finally we won one of these types of games. Huge for our program...huge for us long suffering Irish fans. Onwards and upwards.

I thought it was over then the officials took back the PO call on the drive you're talking about. That pissed me off. That just felt like the typical icing on the cake to me. I am so happy with how the team rebounded.

Go Irish!

Yeah, it was clearly pass interference...and Dabo going nuts on the refs who picked up the flag had me pulling out my hair.

Truth be told, I lost a lot of respect for Dabo on that play. Yes, he wants to win, but berating the refs and getting a call overturned especially such a critical one near the end just felt slimey to me as it really did almost cost us the game.

And I was sick and tired of seeing the camera on dabo and venables and "big dave" ffs. How about ND? They were in OUR house. So glad we won. This I hope is a program changer.

Now, I just I hope we can avoid the letdown vs BC. But nevertheless the "Kelly can't win a big game" narrative is done now. Huge...huge....huge win.

We’ve seen this team fold so many times in the last 27 yrs, it’s hard not to do what you did. I kept watching that clock & kept beginning to believe. Set my phone down to avoid the negative tendencies I usually spew in the front page chat and just breathed.

Damn them officials

Damn them! Again, and again and again. Not just as a Fighting Irish fan but as a college football fan!

But then the boys in Blue & Gold took over the reigns of their destiny & became authentic and classic Fighting Irish football players. Thunder shook down....

Yeah, it was clearly pass interference...and Dabo going nuts on the refs who picked up the flag had me pulling out my hair.

Truth be told, I lost a lot of respect for Dabo on that play. Yes, he wants to win, but berating the refs and getting a call overturned especially such a critical one near the end just felt slimey to me as it really did almost cost us the game.

And I was sick and tired of seeing the camera on dabo and venables and "big dave" ffs. How about ND? They were in OUR house. So glad we won. This I hope is a program changer.

Now, I just I hope we can avoid the letdown vs BC. But nevertheless the "Kelly can't win a big game" narrative is done now. Huge...huge....huge win.

Dude seriously!!! Why the hell should any of us give a **** that his dad is/was a body guard. Awesome, that really adds to my college football experience. GTFOH.

The entirety of the second half I just kept thinking I've seen this movie before and the ending never goes well for the good guys. That was a huge boost for the program and fandom. Now lets start making this a more than once a generation occurrence.

Yea, I hate that movie. I felt like I was watching that rerun too. Been here, done this...why???!!??!!!???!!! To see them finally pull it off was such a relief. I have no voice today lol.

This post is spot on. I remember everyone in the media crying about Kelly’s temper and seeing Kelly calm and Dabo screaming after every play made me think hmm. I bet they say Dabo is just passionate.

The entirety of the second half I just kept thinking I've seen this movie before and the ending never goes well for the good guys. That was a huge boost for the program and fandom. Now lets start making this a more than once a generation occurance.

It just seemed to me that ND was "in it" from the very beginning, though. Book looked confident the entire game. Some of his passes in the first quarter were pretty amazing.

Unlike previous years, it just looked like the players actually believed they could/would win.

So many times in previous years the team just looked flat or completely out-coached. I saw none of that last night.

I do like how Clemson's OC called his game more than I liked how TR called his game, but props to TR. He called a heck of a game, and the O executed it and never looked like they couldn't.

I thought it was over...punched the couch....threw the remote.....cursed a few choice expletives....and gave up. Turned off the tv and asked God why...why can't we just win a big game for once....

Then checked the update on my phone and saw we were getting the ball back...and said, f it, I'll watch for a miracle...

And damn, we did it. I'll also admit on 4th and 24 at the end I feared something bad would somehow happen. But thankfully, it didn't.

I told God, I'll be giving a large donation to a food bank today. And off to light a few candles at Mass today in thanks.

Finally, finally we won one of these types of games. Huge for our program...huge for us long suffering Irish fans. Onwards and upwards.

Went to Mass before the game. When they got the ball at the 10, with 90 yards to go needing to tie the game to send it into overtime, I prayed: "Notre Dame, Our Mother, pray for us;" "Our Lady of Victories, pray for us." "Our Lady of Confidence, pray for us." She answered my prayers and those of the team named for her!

Went to Mass before the game. When they got the ball at the 10, with 90 yards to go needing to tie the game to send it into overtime, I prayed: "Notre Dame, Our Mother, pray for us;" "Our Lady of Victories, pray for us." "Our Lady of Confidence, pray for us." She answered my prayers and those of the team named for her!

Beautiful, simple & pure

I told my son the game was over. My 8 year old looked right at his drunk depressed dad and said with 100% conviction, Dad the game is over we are going to win. It’s not over till it’s over. We screamed and picked him and my 10 year old daughter up and spun them around screaming! It was the best sports moment of my 39 year old life.

I told my son the game was over. My 8 year old looked right at his drunk depressed dad and said with 100% conviction, Dad the game is over we are going to win. It’s not over till it’s over. We screamed and picked him and my 10 year old daughter up and spun them around screaming! It was the best sports moment of my 39 year old life.

Haha, like a movie moment!

We all felt that way Toronto....lots of different opinions about lots of different things by the guys and gals on this site....but one thing we have in common big time is the shared PTSD that has been instilled in all of us after so so many years of falling just short....

For me , even though i picked us to win this one and thought it set up great for us,,,when we faded in the third quarter,,,,well you all know....my hopes faded as well...

It was so great to win one....dare i say it was GLORIOUS....

aloha