What we learned..

1- Shayne Simon had his coming out party, he’s taken over the buck spot.

2- Our receiving core is more than competent.

3- Book is very good but far from elite.

4- Secondary is suspect, Bama and OSU would expose them.

5- ND has an elite run defense.

Spot on summary

Still think we always quit too early on the run game as well

I’m tired and hoarse and feel this burden off of my shoulders from everyone who isn’t a Nd fan that has given me shyt for losing to top teams.

Congrats to everyone that participated in that win.

I’ve also learned Faith you may be right. Although, it’s still a ways off..

You wrote something awhile ago about BK building a program and it takes him awhile to figure it out. I think you compared it to him at Grand Valley State. Where he had to lose in order to win. Or something like that. So congrats on your prediction so far.

For the game.

We can run downhill but we get too cute with rpo’s at times.

A great win to get the monkey off our back. But Clemson is missing some guys.

Adding to my previous statement of missing guys. Clemson continued to miss guys because we were eating them up. The same way the good teams have done that to us in previous years. SO....

Congrats to Balis and the strength and conditioning program. Those guys didn’t tire and they hurt people now! Didn’t you see Banks pick up Williams after the second OT touchdown. I would think he would be tired from all the blocking. Guess not.

I was wrong. We won. Never happier to be wrong.

Book has heart. I still think he struggles throwing downfield, but I give him credit on his heart. The drive to tie it in regulation and then two tds in OT. Huge!!!

We have narrowed the talent gap. I didn’t see any issues on either side of the ball with any talent deficit or size or speed.

BK still struggles with halftime adjustments. We were able to overcome it tonight but except for the last drive we had only 3 points in the 2nd half.

Our rbs are phenomenal. Fast strong and tough.

Our O line showed up and played great. Pass defense and run game when they had to have it. Great job!

Great win and this is truly a signature win no matter what anyone says.

Honestly I don't know how much better of a game TL has than DJU that game. DJ is a stud and the next great one for Clemson. We shut down Etienne which was one of the only ways I thought we could win, he didn't have a big game which really takes away a good part of their offense as a rusher and very underrated and dangerous receiver. Clemson played really hard and to their credit they know what it takes to win in tough situations.

My God what a nail biter and for all intents and purposes thought we'd lose, day late and dollar short that we've become all too accustomed to. Never been happier to get that rot out of my system for a wonderful win tonight.

Soooo many players stepped up big time tonight. Book defends our house, may not be pretty but he was there right through the end. ****ing warrior out there. Didn't quit even after that disastrous fumble.

The OL stepped up tonight, I don't care how many starters Clemson had out on D, they are deep and talented in their front seven which is a hallmark of sustained success. Count yourself fortunate when you play that good against a DC like Venables. I think we gave up one sack all night and the run game was effective.

Kyren Williams is a treasure. He runs so good with great vision, and no fumbles tonight. But his ability to pass block is really making him stand out. He saved Ian on blitz pickups more than I could count.

The Defense is awesome. They keep stepping up when needed. Hinish is just such a blue collar lunch pale player of the team you need, he just plugged up the middle with MTA and kept the LBs free to make plays.

Special teams outside of a missed FG were great tonight. Bramlet making that TD saving tackle on Etienne was awesome, way to go! Doerer was automatic tonight except the one which was just a bit too far for him.

Red zone O has to get better, left a lot of points off the board early and the Book fumble. That said they were clutch at the end when they needed them.

Finally the staff. I'm the first to admit I'm glad I can finally stop saying Kelly hasn't won a big one yet, kudos and congrats BK! Tommy while not perfect called a good game, and our re dedication to the run and using jumbo type sets is paying off. You just beat Veneable led defense, good job Tom! Lea called a great game too, it's hard to limit that offense given their talent.

We closed the gap between us and that 30-3 game

Yes, Trevor could have helped, but DJ still played great

They kept mentioning the 3 starters on Clemson's D who were missing - what about us missing 2 starting WRs in Lenzy and Austin?

You could tell this team has been waiting for 2 years to play this game

They also mentioned about Clemson losing players in the game - that was our physical game taking its toll on them

Our WRs showed some grit, but still waiting for us to show some skill at that position that looks like Clemson's

This team has big time grit

Honestly I don't know how much better of a game TL has than DJU that game. DJ is a stud and the next great one for Clemson. We shut down Etienne which was one of the only ways I thought we could win, he didn't have a big game which really takes away a good part of their offense as a rusher and very underrated and dangerous receiver. Clemson played really hard and to their credit they know what it takes to win in tough situations.

My God what a nail biter and for all intents and purposes thought we'd lose, day late and dollar short that we've become all too accustomed to. Never been happier to get that rot out of my system for a wonderful win tonight.

Soooo many players stepped up big time tonight. Book defends our house, may not be pretty but he was there right through the end. ****ing warrior out there. Didn't quit even after that disastrous fumble.

The OL stepped up tonight, I don't care how many starters Clemson had out on D, they are deep and talented in their front seven which is a hallmark of sustained success. Count yourself fortunate when you play that good against a DC like Venables. I think we gave up one sack all night and the run game was effective.

Kyren Williams is a treasure. He runs so good with great vision, and no fumbles tonight. But his ability to pass block is really making him stand out. He saved Ian on blitz pickups more than I could count.

The Defense is awesome. They keep stepping up when needed. Hinish is just such a blue collar lunch pale player of the team you need, he just plugged up the middle with MTA and kept the LBs free to make plays.

Special teams outside of a missed FG were great tonight. Bramlet making that TD saving tackle on Etienne was awesome, way to go! Doerer was automatic tonight except the one which was just a bit too far for him.

Red zone O has to get better, left a lot of points off the board early and the Book fumble. That said they were clutch at the end when they needed them.

Finally the staff. I'm the first to admit I'm glad I can finally stop saying Kelly hasn't won a big one yet, kudos and congrats BK! Tommy while not perfect called a good game, and our re dedication to the run and using jumbo type sets is paying off. You just beat Veneable led defense, good job Tom! Lea called a great game too, it's hard to limit that offense given their talent.

Great analysis. I will say early freshman tight end jitters cost nd the first two TDs in the red zone. He certainly stepped up later in the game, but I will argue it took him a quarter To get rid of the big game jitters.

We closed the gap between us and that 30-3 game

Yes, Trevor could have helped, but DJ still played great

They kept mentioning the 3 starters on Clemson's D who were missing - what about us missing 2 starting WRs in Lenzy and Austin?

You could tell this team has been waiting for 2 years to play this game

They also mentioned about Clemson losing players in the game - that was our physical game taking its toll on them

Our WRs showed some grit, but still waiting for us to show some skill at that position that looks like Clemson's

This team has big time grit

Agreed. Our whole team played really physical tonight from the get go. They kept punching the whole game and cumulatively it was taking its toll on Clemson. And I agree about their defenders vs our WR who were also hurt. What really impressed was how the D in the second OT totally dominated with those two sacks back to back. That was straight up will to win and heart. I don't belive we registered a sack prior to those, talk about striking at the right time.

Great analysis. I will say early freshman tight end jitters cost nd the first two TDs in the red zone. He certainly stepped up later in the game, but I will argue it took him a quarter To get rid of the big game jitters.

Yeah it was jitters on those I suspect. Mayer stepped up when needed later as you said. He is going to be a really good one. I hadn't noticed it in previous games but did tonight. Every time Mayer caught the ball they piped in the music from the Halloween movies when Michael Meyers struck. Freaking sweet!

I thought the false start was more egregious than the drop. He should’ve made that catch, but it was tough having to adjust back on that pass. The false start was just a complete mental mistake that you can’t make.

Kid played phenomenal. I think the biggest difference is I don't think Lawrence would have taken those two sacks in OT. Other than that I think it just comes down to experience. There is not much of a drop off in talent that is for sure. This kid would be starting at just about every other school in the country.

What a game.

And when Clemson took the lead late, and their QB and receiver mouthed off in the endzone and got caught swearing, etc....I hoped they'd eat their words, and damn, we did it.

Felt really happy for Book...the fumble was heartbreaking and I didn't want him to have to live with that had we lost...

Huge win. Nationally, a huge game. Will be big recruiting implicatiions for us down the line. This year no, but 2 years down the line. Too bad we didn't have recruits in attendance to watch that but no doubt they were watching....

What a game.

And when Clemson took the lead late, and their QB and receiver mouthed off in the endzone and got caught swearing, etc....I hoped they'd eat their words, and damn, we did it.

Felt really happy for Book...the fumble was heartbreaking and I didn't want him to have to live with that had we lost...

Huge win. Nationally, a huge game. Will be big recruiting implicatiions for us down the line. This year no, but 2 years down the line. Too bad we didn't have recruits in attendance to watch that but no doubt they were watching....

Tirrico and Dungy mentioned the mics catching the cursing but I didn't hear it on my NBCSN app stream. What did they say?

I was so pissed this game had to be played with the stadium 1/3 full. That place would have been ****ing insane if it was full.

I think our players looked better conditioned. That’s HUGE

Amazing, really.

No drop off in energy by the D in the 4th quarter or overtime.

Kudos to strength and conditioning, as well as meaningful depth.

I also don't think that we should overlook team speed.

While everyone knows Clemson recruits great athletes, ND looked to me to be just as fast at pretty much every position.

Edited by Kelly Gruene

Kid played phenomenal. I think the biggest difference is I don't think Lawrence would have taken those two sacks in OT. Other than that I think it just comes down to experience. There is not much of a drop off in talent that is for sure. This kid would be starting at just about every other school in the country.

The Defensive Game Plan was fabulous! Make them one dimensional; regardless of how good the QB is. The whole focus was on not allowing Etienne to get rolling and executed it to perfection.

DJ is a beast and I agree...TL might not have taking those sacks there. Dabo is kicking himself for maybe over coaching. Just prior to their 1st play of the 2nd OT, TV showed Dabo saying “Be patient” to DJ. The play needed some time to develop and DJ held onto the ball a bit too long...and down goes #1.

Go Irish!!!