Did anyone comment about this and I missed it? I was really wondering why we had Lenzy in the game up 40 if he has been nursing a hamstring?

Kelly today said he is probably out this weekend which is smart, but I would really like to understand the reasoning for putting him in the game at that point.

Did anyone comment about this and I missed it? I was really wondering why we had Lenzy in the game up 40 if he has been nursing a hamstring?

Kelly today said he is probably out this weekend which is smart, but I would really like to understand the reasoning for putting him in the game at that point.

I have no issue with him being in the game. He has game breaking speed, but he really hasn't done much this season - he needed the reps. It's unfortunate he reinjured the hamstring, but he's got to be able to play and get some live game action. I also liked that they had Clark throw that bomb to Lenzy, despite being up 45-3. ND needs to do a better job of developing the second and third string guys, which I thought they did on Saturday. Hopefully he can be back for Clemson.

I also like letting the 2nd and 3rd stringers play all out. I hate the 3 runs up the middle with the young guys in there as we kill 15 minutes of clock.

Clemson is hanging 30 in garbage time. We need to get our guys experience.

I'd rather Lenzy not be in there though at that point in the game...

Jordan Johnson practicing with the big boys this week and receiving lots of praise. With the WR depth chart, time to get him some playing time

That's exactly what needs to happen. Lenzy "holding on" to those reps at 75 percent keeps 100 percent of Jordan Johnson off the field.

This way when Lenzy comes back you get 100 percent of too playmakers!

There were some early things about Jordan Johnson's traits, like grades, class attendance but Kelly said they were getting better but has not been asked a question in a presser about it since before the program shutdown after week 2.

Yeah, academic issues. Which could unfortunately mean a transfer at the end of the year judging by past history of ND.

Yeah, academic issues. Which could unfortunately mean a transfer at the end of the year judging by past history of ND.

I listen to weekday sportsbeat. Last week someone (I don't remember exactly who) said that sources within the ND program have said that Xavier Watt has been the most impressive freshman in practice this year. Let that sink in for a minute. I want to see Watt get some reps.

I listen to weekday sportsbeat. Last week someone (I don't remember exactly who) said that sources within the ND program have said that Xavier Watt has been the most impressive freshman in practice this year. Let that sink in for a minute. I want to see Watt get some reps.

Well if he's been more impressive than Mayer, then it's absolutely criminal he isn't getting on the field!

watt was an impressive athlete coming out of HS but to hear he's been better than mayer and tyree is a little surprising considering he's seen so little game action. I think we've talked about this before that wr's don't see much game action during their freshman year (even chase Claypool only had 5 catches his freshman season).

No surprise. Kelly stated in thursday media meeting

It sounds like Jordan Johnson is up with the varsity this week and getting reps at the x (where Skowronek starts). I hope gets some snaps against GT. Even if he only understands a small portion of the playbook, send him in there for 5 plays a game. Give him the Golden Tate treatment and just have him run go routes. He was a borderline 5-star, Top 50 player - he needs to see the field now that Austin and Lenzy are out.

It sounds like Jordan Johnson is up with the varsity this week and getting reps at the x (where Skowronek starts). I hope gets some snaps against GT. Even if he only understands a small portion of the playbook, send him in there for 5 plays a game. Give him the Golden Tate treatment and just have him run go routes. He was a borderline 5-star, Top 50 player - he needs to see the field now that Austin and Lenzy are out.

Why not start using frosh Xavier Watts out of Nebraska? Quick, with good hands and his state's Player of the Year. So many colleges have freshmen starting, why does ND not get players like Johnson and Watts on the field early?

Just hoping for another week where backups get reps...

Why not start using frosh Xavier Watts out of Nebraska? Quick, with good hands and his state's Player of the Year. So many colleges have freshmen starting, why does ND not get players like Johnson and Watts on the field early?

Do we know for sure Watts is a lock to be a really good player? He played avg conpetition in Nebraska. Didnt play in any all star games and I havent seen one comment from Kelly in pre season that he even flashed. You're assuming he's ready to play because he was a low 4 star player? Maybe he'll be great, but he might not. Point is, we dont have a clue

Maybe they aren't ready?

Mayer is playing. Tyree is playing. Clarence Lewis plays. Bothelo plays some.

It isn't like Kelly doesn't play freshman. I'd agree there is an opportunity for them to play right now, but if they go run a wrong route and create a pick, that'd be really bad.

Maybe they aren't ready?

Mayer is playing. Tyree is playing. Clarence Lewis plays. Bothelo plays some.

It isn't like Kelly doesn't play freshman. I'd agree there is an opportunity for them to play right now, but if they go run a wrong route and create a pick, that'd be really bad.

Cory - long time no talk, man - hope all is well.

I have been chomping at the bit for Watt to be on the field! He was Nebraska player of the year. Hopefully, they have been saving him for the bright lighters and he will be the surprise player tonight that leads ND to victory