2022 Recruiting Prospects

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In case you all missed this during the transition. I think ND has a HUGE June and July. Quality and quantity.    Side note, I cleaned the entire thread so all tweets are correct except where

FWIW, today in interviews Kurt Hinish was asked about his brother being recruited by ND. He said Donovan is 1-2 inches taller, ~275# right now, and a better athlete than himself. Said Donovan moves be

Posted Images

That makes the Angeli commit easier to swallow. Still a very poor job by Rees & Kelly here.

The staff graded the Angeli Kid higher.

There's good throwing film on youtube pre-season that shows me why.

The staff might be wrong, that film that his QB coach put on youtube is pretty good.

I don't want it posted because the guy put phone numbers on it, but its a really good showing.

The staff graded the Angeli Kid higher.

There's good throwing film on youtube pre-season that shows me why.

The staff might be wrong, that film that his QB coach put on youtube is pretty good.

I don't want it posted because the guy put phone numbers on it, but its a really good showing.

The film I saw from the Blue & Gold guys was not impressive. I know his line was bad, but nothing in that film made me think he has the skills to play at this level.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I will be announcing my commitment on my birthday on March 17th!!</p>— Josh Burnham (@JoshuaBurnham20) <a href="
">March 9, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What's everyone's take on Joshua? Is he as good as his Rivals ranking?

I have no idea how good he is or isn't. The promising thing is that prospects who play better than their ranking often play more than one position in high school and often play more than one sport. So they are penalized from a ranking perspective by not focusing on one and only one thing as a high schooler. Joshua has played LB, QB, and RB. He also plays basketball.

The other promising thing is that Traverse City Michigan is about as far off the beaten track as you can get so there is always the chance that he is 'under-rated' due to a lack of exposure.

I have no idea how good he is or isn't. The promising thing is that prospects who play better than their ranking often play more than one position in high school and often play more than one sport. So they are penalized from a ranking perspective by not focusing on one and only one thing as a high schooler. Joshua has played LB, QB, and RB. He also plays basketball.

The other promising thing is that Traverse City Michigan is about as far off the beaten track as you can get so there is always the chance that he is 'under-rated' due to a lack of exposure.

Rivals has him 141 nationally and 247 has him 85. So if he is underrated that's a huge win. Great size, length, and physical development. Great prospect for a LB and can move. Would be an awesome start with Ziegler to a stellar LB group this year.

I think he is actually underrated a little bit by Rivals, where they have him as the #5 ILB and #141 overall. They have him behind Tyler Martin (LB from Mass), which I 100% disagree with. Burnham is versatile and can play multiple LB spots - he's really athletic. 247 has him as the #85 overall player and #6 OLB, FWIW. He has offers from Alabama and OSU as well.

This will be a great pickup. ND is in on a ton of elite-level LBs, and they will probably have to turn one or two away. Sebastian Cheeks (IL), Niuafe Tuihalamaka (CA), Jaylen Sneed (SC), Devon Jackson (NE) are all 247 Composite Top 200 players (Cheeks is the lowest at #154 overall) that ND is in really good shape for. Current commit Nolan Ziegler is projected at LB, so ND likely only signs two more from that group of four.

I love Burnham's size at 6'4" and 215 already. Could see him as a beast at about 235 / 240. He is a total ballhawk and gets there in a hurry. Looks like he is higher rated than Sebastian Cheeks and Devon Jackson for reference purposes (per 247)

Posted (edited)

There may be multiple commits occurring shortly. I'd love to know the overall class size target because no one seems to really understand it right now. ND is in on a ton of good players this year. At the moment, they would literally have to turn down some very good players. Hopefully it stays that way.

FWIW, Marcus Freeman is making waves on the recruiting trail. Other schools reporters are indicating he is game changing for some of these players. Man, I hope ND gets 2 years out of him.

Burnham announcing March 17

Jaden Mickey announcing next week

Nicholas Singleton announcing in July

There have been several others saying they want to announce before their senior seasons (Mangham, Gould, and more). If visits open in June, things are going to pick up considerably.

Edited by Big23Head
There may be multiple commits occurring shortly. I'd love to know the overall class size target because no one seems to really understand it right now. ND is in on a ton of good players this year. At the moment, they would literally have to turn down some very good players. Hopefully it stays that way.

FWIW, Marcus Freeman is making waves on the recruiting trail. Other schools reporters are indicating he is game changing for some of these players. Man, I hope ND gets 2 years out of him.

Burnham announcing March 17

Jaden Mickey announcing next week

Nicholas Singleton announcing in July

There have been several others saying they want to announce before their senior seasons (Mangham, Gould, and more). If visits open in June, things are going to pick up considerably.

I feel like this is said every spring. Not discounting your opinion, but it sure feels that way.

I feel like this is said every spring. Not discounting your opinion, but it sure feels that way.

To some degree for sure, but this year really feels like multiple positions will have it occur. Normally, it is OL and one other position.

Unfortunately it is. “Next year ND is in a great position for several high prospects...”. The next year of recruiting comes and goes and we are still way behind the Bama, OSU’s of the CFB world.

I have come to the conclusion that expecting ND to be a top 5 recruiting school consistently is not realistic.

Unfortunately it is. “Next year ND is in a great position for several high prospects...”. The next year of recruiting comes and goes and we are still way behind the Bama, OSU’s of the CFB world.

I have come to the conclusion that expecting ND to be a top 5 recruiting school consistently is not realistic.

Hopefully Freeman is changing that some. If he pulls through it will show that ND can get there but needed to find the right avenues to get there.

Hopefully Freeman is changing that some. If he pulls through it will show that ND can get there but needed to find the right avenues to get there.

The question is if Freeman leaves ND after one or two years to become a head coach somewhere, will recruiting regress to Kelly's typical Top 15 results?

ND is definitely in it right now

Players ND could land in the next 3-4 months IF visits can occur. The probability decreases if not but still like most chances.

Angeli, Walker, Staes, Schrauth, Wagner, Wesolak, Cooper or Lucas, Burnham, Tuihalamaka, Jackson, Martinez, Winston

I think this list is still accurate but I am curious if Mickey will result in Martinez not coming to ND.

• Mike featured and unfeatured this topic