2022 Recruiting Prospects

I disagree with this at the moment. ND needs to get in early on players they like. The biggest deal here is his competition but he does what you want to see, he beats them badly. Other high level programs are sniffing around him as well. Rankings for this class are going to be really interesting and I would not focus on them as of today.

I understand they hypocrisy in complaining about them getting in on guys late, but this kid just isn’t someone they needed to rush in on.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In case you all missed this during the transition. I think ND has a HUGE June and July. Quality and quantity.    Side note, I cleaned the entire thread so all tweets are correct except where

FWIW, today in interviews Kurt Hinish was asked about his brother being recruited by ND. He said Donovan is 1-2 inches taller, ~275# right now, and a better athlete than himself. Said Donovan moves be

Posted Images

Not really. I don’t like this offer, biggest offer to date was Rutgers. Bad decision by the staff.

You can't look solely at offers. The staff does a pretty good job of identifying athleticism early. It's a stretch to outright call this a "bad decision" by the staff.

I understand they hypocrisy in complaining about them getting in on guys late, but this kid just isn’t someone they needed to rush in on.

I don't think it is a rush. They likely said they like him, want to offer, and he should visit when things open up for visits. This happens all the time and its way too early to be upset. McMillan was a long shot from the beginning...quiet, doesn't like recruiting, and with the pandemic could end up staying west.

The goal is to put a kid like this with Tyler Morris and Kaleb Brown. Maybe a 4th WR.

Edited by Big23Head
You can't look solely at offers. The staff does a pretty good job of identifying athleticism early. It's a stretch to outright call this a "bad decision" by the staff.

I’d feel better if they had better WRs signed or at least in their sights.

I don't think it is a rush. They likely said they like him, want to offer, and he should visit when things open up for visits. This happens all the time and its way too early to be upset. McMillan was a long shot from the beginning...quiet, doesn't like recruiting, and with the pandemic could end up staying west.

The goal is to put a kid like this with Tyler Morris and Kaleb Brown. Maybe a 4th WR.

When Rutgers is his only other offer, it feels like a rush.

I’m also not happy at all hearing they’re a long shot for McMillan. They need playmakers on the outside and they’re not recruiting that well enough.

They can always get another transfer WR from a school like Northwestern since development of WRs seem to be lacking given the lack of snaps for underclassmen WRs.

They can always get another transfer WR from a school like Northwestern since development of WRs seem to be lacking given the lack of snaps for underclassmen WRs.

Austin, Lenzy and Johnson will all see the field this yr. I don’t mind this kid as a 3rd WR in the class, but I wish they already a few higher profile WRs committed.

Austin, Lenzy and Johnson will all see the field this yr. I don’t mind this kid as a 3rd WR in the class, but I wish they already a few higher profile WRs committed.

Are sure about that? They were ALL suppose to see the field this year and hardly played a down. I see another random wide receiver transfer coming in and taking playing time away.

Again, it feels rushed.
He committed to Rutgers at the beginning of his junior year. Have you ever considered many didn't pursue him because it was an early commitment and to Rutgers? Can't coach good size and speed. Kid is supposed to be electric on punts also and plays defense. Clearly has talent and I will go with the staff on this one.

https://247sports.com/Article/Addison-Copeland-Notre-Dame-Football-Fighting-Irish-Offer-Class-of-2022-Receiver-160756415/Amp/

He committed to Rutgers at the beginning of his junior year. Have you ever considered many didn't pursue him because it was an early commitment and to Rutgers? Can't coach good size and speed. Kid is supposed to be electric on punts also and plays defense. Clearly has talent and I will go with the staff on this one.

https://247sports.com/Article/Addison-Copeland-Notre-Dame-Football-Fighting-Irish-Offer-Class-of-2022-Receiver-160756415/Amp/

No, bc good programs should be able to get him away from Rutgers.

Is your disappointment in this offer based on recruiting ratings, other offers, or an actual evaluation of the kid in question?

Ratings, offer sheet. Highlights look good, but his competition is very weak.

Ratings, offer sheet. Highlights look good, but his competition is very weak.
Great speed, great size, great punt returner, plays defense also, great highlights equates to offer. Good luck finding someone else that WANTS to be at ND that offers this.

While there's often disagreement about individual recruits and recruiting in general, I must admit that I truly appreciate the discussions.

I'm pretty simple and never played football. I can't tell a good throwing motion from a bad one. Can't tell if a guy runs with his pads too high or if a guy runs good routes.

All I see in recruiting is height, weight, position, star ranking, and offers. I base my thoughts primarily off that, coupled with the discussions that take place here.

Recruiting insiders may have more insight into a player's character and GPA. Those are obviously considered by ND during recruiting too.

Thanks to all of you for bringing all you do to the table in this forum.

One thing I look for when a kid plays lesser competition is the difference in the film. What does he do compared to the rest of the players on the field. Prince Kollie is a great example of this, watch his junior film when he was ranked much, much lower. You watch that film and he just stands out in a very different way. Prince's film was a literal...whoa, when watching it.

Copeland and similar are a little different because the last available film is from his sophomore year and there very likely has s been some pretty good physical maturity. That said, Copeland's film does show a very smooth and fluid athlete with a lot of flexibility.

Bill Rees and the scouting staff will have their work cut out this year.

While there's often disagreement about individual recruits and recruiting in general, I must admit that I truly appreciate the discussions.

I'm pretty simple and never played football. I can't tell a good throwing motion from a bad one. Can't tell if a guy runs with his pads too high or if a guy runs good routes.

All I see in recruiting is height, weight, position, star ranking, and offers. I base my thoughts primarily off that, coupled with the discussions that take place here.

Recruiting insiders may have more insight into a player's character and GPA. Those are obviously considered by ND during recruiting too.

Thanks to all of you for bringing all you do to the table in this forum.

And if he signs with ND, I want him to be successful. I couldn’t care less about my predictions becoming true.

• Mike featured and unfeatured this topic