2022 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

1 minute ago, golson5 said:

I dont see Watts or Tyree moving

1 because they are better at their current positions.  2 they probably will be starters at their current positions

I hope Watts sticks on D. 

Tyree, if he has NFL aspirations, would be better off at slot. If not, he'll end up being RB2 again next year. 

18 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

At the end of the season,,,, next year......

You'll have 4. 

You have the option to move Tyree (now, or then). You have the option to move Watts back (now or then). You have the option to take portal guys right now and after the season. You can still add to this the 2022 class. You'll have the 2023 class coming in. 

The sky isn't falling... yet... No need to manufacture a crisis that isn't one... yet. I'll start worry maybe next in September if recruiting isn't where it needs to be.

That’s not an acceptable attitude. Issues do not magically fix themselves 

On 12/16/2021 at 7:42 AM, ELDER06 said:

I don’t like seeing guys lose their jobs. And if this was an isolated incident, I’d back him. But there’s literally no WRs left in the classes from 2 & 3 years ago. 

This, coming from the guy who starts a ‘Fire Del Alexander’ thread. 😎

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

On 12/17/2021 at 6:32 AM, OKelleyIrish said:

If the seniors come back, we're more than fine and have pretty much our entire two deep back. So our issues is really 2023, not next season. If we can get a guy that'll be around a few years, that would be good, but really not worried. 

Yes, next season we’ll be fine at wr. The worries start for 2023. Aside from grad transfers, I think ND doesn’t allow undergrad transfers after the end of their sophomore years. This limits the available pool of players.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, OKelleyIrish said:

I hope Watts sticks on D. 

Tyree, if he has NFL aspirations, would be better off at slot. If not, he'll end up being RB2 again next year. 

This talk about Diggs jumping Tyree is a little ridiculous in my opinion. Tyree is easily the favorite to be RB1 next year. Hell, I remember a point in time where people wanted Tyree getting as many touches (if not more) than Kyren.

7 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

This talk about Diggs jumping Tyree is a little ridiculous in my opinion. Tyree is easily the favorite to be RB1 next year. Hell, I remember a point in time where people wanted Tyree getting as many touches (if not more) than Kyren.

I’m not so sure. Tyree was banged up this year so that didn’t help, but I thought Diggs ran tougher and is a better all around back. I do think Tyree should get all the snaps Kyren got in the slot though.

2 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Tyree is an APB, not really a RB1. He's still 10 cents shy of 2 bucks, and I think his playing weight is more 180-185. 

Diggs has a ton more power. 

58 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Nick McCloud. Enrolled at NC State in 2018. Enrolled at ND 2020

This is incorrect. McClouds first year at NC State was 2016. He was a grad transfer. 

Jimbo is partially correct at least.  ND has trouble taking junior year transfers due to their academic progression requirements. Limits the schools they will take a kid from. 

Edited by Big23Head
  • Trophy 1

13 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

This is incorrect. McClouds first year at NC State was 2016. He was a grad transfer. 

Jimbo is partially correct at least.  ND has trouble taking junior year transfers due to their academic progression requirements. Limits the schools they will take a kid from. 

Sorry, was thinking of another DB, Ahohi Gilman. 

3 hours ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

Why not have both Powlus and Mirer’s kids in the roster at the same time. Lord I hope he doesn’t walk on at scUM. 

https://www.si.com/college/michigan/.amp/football/michigan-football-recruiting-charlie-mirer-2022-quarterback-new-offer-jim-harbaugh-josh-gattis-wolverines

as a PWO sure, but not as scholarship players... Neither of them ever have a chance of seeing the field outside of their senior day in the 4th Qtr where they hand it off to the back...