2022 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

3 hours ago, ND_JACK said:

In my opinion they all be back. Where else are they going. Austin and Lenzy need another year of college football and they know they’ll be top WR targets if they stay at ND.

Well, I am a little concerned:

1) Austin: He may get a high draft grade due to his measurables. I think he would be the WR who benefits most from coming back as he could be a top tier WR in the next draft. I think his film will bring him down, but his measurables will be very good which may give him a good draft grade. I do think he comes back, but there are some rumblings that he will get a high enough draft grade to leave.

2) Davis: He may just try his hand at the draft. I do not think Davis can improve his stock anymore; he is "maxed out" so to say. However, he could return to prove that has come back from his injury 100%. Davis was already on the lower end of the draft board, a lingering injury may keep him out. I think he comes back.

3) Lenzy: He may not be happy with how he is used. I think they have used him better after Davis got hurt, but with Styles and Colzie being more experienced and the other WRs possibly coming back, he may try to be a #1 WR at another school. I am not sure whether he comes back.

I will say that this should help with 2023 recruiting for WRs. They should be going after studs and saying, you could get plenty of early playing time with our roster!

I thought the same think about Davis about improving his stock, but the issue ge will have is he won't be able to do the combine or pro days with his injury.  Teams will want to know he's all recovered before risking a draft pick. Without that, he would likely go the FA route.

On Lenzy, I would imagine Rees would meet with him and share some really creative stuff that BK never let him do.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, D Fence said:

I thought the same think about Davis about improving his stock, but the issue ge will have is he won't be able to do the combine or pro days with his injury.  Teams will want to know he's all recovered before risking a draft pick. Without that, he would likely go the FA route.

On Lenzy, I would imagine Rees would meet with him and share some really creative stuff that BK never let him do.

Agreed on Davis. I think the timing of the injury forces his hand, and he will be back next year. I think Lenzy will stay now that BK is gone - I thought he had a really solid last month of the season. Hopefully he shows out in the Fiesta Bowl. Wilkins should come back unless he wants to grad transfer to a lower level. He was impressive during summer workouts, and he would be a great upperclassman/depth guy to have on the roster next year.

Austin is the true wildcard. He will get a stay in school grade. But he might just be done with ND. He has gone through a lot in his 4 years (some of which his own doing), so he may want to just move on. I think that'd be a huge mistake because he would be ND's unquestionable #1 WR next year, and a great season (plus his measureables, which are purportedly really good) probably propels him to a Day 2 pick in 2023.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, D Fence said:

I love Davis. He’s the ultimate team player, but he’s not playing in the NFL. 

5 hours ago, tneun89 said:

Agreed on Davis. I think the timing of the injury forces his hand, and he will be back next year. I think Lenzy will stay now that BK is gone - I thought he had a really solid last month of the season. Hopefully he shows out in the Fiesta Bowl. Wilkins should come back unless he wants to grad transfer to a lower level. He was impressive during summer workouts, and he would be a great upperclassman/depth guy to have on the roster next year.

Austin is the true wildcard. He will get a stay in school grade. But he might just be done with ND. He has gone through a lot in his 4 years (some of which his own doing), so he may want to just move on. I think that'd be a huge mistake because he would be ND's unquestionable #1 WR next year, and a great season (plus his measureables, which are purportedly really good) probably propels him to a Day 2 pick in 2023.

If Austin is burnt out at ND, id see him transferring over going to the NFL. Regardless, I think Lenzy, Austin, and Wilkins all comeback. I think Davis is probably ready to move on, but that’s purely a guess.

5 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

If Austin is burnt out at ND, id see him transferring over going to the NFL. Regardless, I think Lenzy, Austin, and Wilkins all comeback. I think Davis is probably ready to move on, but that’s purely a guess.

Davis' situation might depend on how his recovery from his knee injury is progressing

30 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Defensively they should be title contending. Running back should be title contending. O-line could be. Who knows with Qb and the wide outs. 

QB? You mean the most important position on the field? How’d having a scrub at QB workout for UGA? They have a dominant D and great skill talent but bc Bennet sucks, they’re not going to win a Title.

4 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

QB? You mean the most important position on the field? How’d having a scrub at QB workout for UGA? They have a dominant D and great skill talent but bc Bennet sucks, they’re not going to win a Title.

It’s not over yet. They still very well could win it all. 

7 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

They're in the playoff, which is by definition title contending.