2022 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

10 hours ago, nd1989 said:

The one knock on Freeman recruiting for awhile now was that he was going to leave (I think we even thought that!).  Now that he's head coach, I think all of these top recruits that eliminated us are probably getting some contact.  This is probably whats going on with Nwankpa, and we seem to be making a strong push.  Will be an interesting few months here.....

Other teams can no longer negative recruit against us in that manner.  I hope that it will make us more interesting to some recruits like Nwankpa.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

Xavier's commitment date has been set since October. Right now expect Iowa, but ND is working. 

Sure hope MF pulls a rabbit out of the hat. Come be the next Kyle Hamilton. Tell me any Iowa player that’s gotten that kind of recognition on that side of the ball.

4 hours ago, SDIrishFan said:

Sure hope MF pulls a rabbit out of the hat. Come be the next Kyle Hamilton. Tell me any Iowa player that’s gotten that kind of recognition on that side of the ball.

Its all Iowa according just about everyone around here.  Never know.  I really want his teammate next year too.

2 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

He’s a pussy with a bad attitude. He feels he’s owed the starting QB job. 

Could be. I’m still worried about Buchner for that first game. But ND doesn’t need a cancer in the locker room too. Although maybe he could help with their signals. 

17 hours ago, SDIrishFan said:

I know kids don’t usually decide based on one game but hope Iowa looking like crap helps us with Xavier.

I think it’s important. Its not just a random regular season game where they fell flat. On the very biggest stage, with a Rose Bowl birth on the line, they got the shit kicked out of them. He has to realize, Iowa’s ceiling is a NY6 game. And I’m well aware of ND’s current ceiling, but you have to think they’re closer to breaking through than Iowa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ELDER06 said:

I think it’s important. Its not just a random regular season game where they fell flat. On the very biggest stage, with a Rose Bowl birth on the line, they got the shit kicked out of them. He has to realize, Iowa’s ceiling is a NY6 game. And I’m well aware of ND’s current ceiling, but you have to think they’re closer to breaking through than Iowa. 

Never underestimate the girlfriend…does he have one going to Iowa?  Would love to know that info.  That’s probably one of the largest factors in a recruit’s choice to go to some bobo school…

37 minutes ago, irishwavend said:

Never underestimate the girlfriend…does he have one going to Iowa?  Would love to know that info.  That’s probably one of the largest factors in a recruit’s choice to go to some bobo school…

IDK, but I’m not going to dig into a HS player’s personal life. 

16 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

IDK, but I’m not going to dig into a HS player’s personal life. 

Don’t talk condescendingly about a rule all coaches know when recruiting…the girlfriend always wins.  It’s a fundamental truth.  If you don’t know it, you should because every coach talks about it.

33 minutes ago, irishwavend said:

Don’t talk condescendingly about a rule all coaches know when recruiting…the girlfriend always wins.  It’s a fundamental truth.  If you don’t know it, you should because every coach talks about it.

It is important, but I’m saying me as a poster, isn’t going to go digging into a HS player’s personal life.