2022 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

12 minutes ago, D Fence said:

Think Marcus Freeman has called Devin Moore by now to get him back in the fold?

Interesting that Devin Brown chose OSU.  He will be buried on the depth chart for a while.

Who knows, OSU will have as many 5 stars transfer out as the do coming in. Survival of the fittest there in their QB room

6 hours ago, SDIrishFan said:

Wonder if all the news moves the needle for any recruits? Probably too early to tell but I’d imagine some kids eliminated ND because of BK. That could change with MF.

I don't following recruiting that closely, but this looks promising. Of course, it's possible this young man just knows how to leverage a moment.

• Like 1

Going to be interesting to following the following

1. New offers who Rees and Freeman wanted to offer but weren't able to;

2. Any offers that are rescinded and players moving on because Rees and Freeman weren't on board;

3. Any one who has renewed interest who liked ND but not BK;

4. Any players who leave because they liked BK (word is this isn't really the case);

And of course, those who are just looking at other schools before this, ala Moore and Williams. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Big23Head said:

The next two weeks are going to be intense. Now that coaching situations are settling it should be fun, I think, to watch. 

I like your thinking. I don’t know why but I feel the staff is going to sneak in and grab a highly chased after recruit. Just a gut feeling. 

We may see the current 2022 class visit ND again given the following NCAA rule:

13.6.2.3.1 Exception -- Additional Visit After Departure of Head Coach. After a new head coach is hired, an institution may finance one additional visit for a prospective student-athlete who previously received an official visit to the institution. Visits provided pursuant to this exception shall also be excluded from the limitations on the number of official visits set forth in Bylaws 13.6.2.2, 13.6.2.3.2, 13.6.2.3.3, 13.6.2.3.4, 13.6.2.3.5 and 13.6.2.3.7. [D] (Adopted: 4/25/18, Revised: 5/11/18)

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Trophy 1
  • Leprechaun 1

11 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

We may see the current 2022 class visit ND again given the following NCAA rule:

13.6.2.3.1 Exception -- Additional Visit After Departure of Head Coach. After a new head coach is hired, an institution may finance one additional visit for a prospective student-athlete who previously received an official visit to the institution. Visits provided pursuant to this exception shall also be excluded from the limitations on the number of official visits set forth in Bylaws 13.6.2.2, 13.6.2.3.2, 13.6.2.3.3, 13.6.2.3.4, 13.6.2.3.5 and 13.6.2.3.7. [D] (Adopted: 4/25/18, Revised: 5/11/18)

Never new this was a thing. I would figure they are calling all the guys asking them to come back for a weekend.

8 minutes ago, burkdd12 said:

good sign but he was recruited by freeman so wouldnt get my hopes up

I would agree in that I think he still ends up at Iowa. But this is a positive sign because he had not been communicating with ND at all in the past few weeks (because he effectively eliminated ND and told them that). But, he apparently reached out to the staff after Freeman was hired and scheduled the in-home visit for today. It sounds like he was concerned that Freeman would not be there long term, but now that he is HC, Nwankpa knows that Freeman is at ND for the foreseeable future. He is supposed to commit next week, so this is actually a really positive step. Again, he probably ends up at Iowa, but at least ND is back in it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1