2022 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

About halfway through most high school seasons right now. I'd say ND has three 3* players in this class when all is said and done: Hinish, Bellamy, and Craig. Hinish lacks exposure to really rise in rankings and he may need some time grow like his brother. He is still a take. Bellamy lacks size, but has very good speed and plays great competition at a very good school. His film has been very good though so far. Craig plays awful competition and needs to add weight, but he will have a chance to prove himself as an All-American. His film has shown growth from last year. 

All in all I really like these 3 and they each bring a nice skill set to ND. I love the rest of this current ND class. 

Put this in the visits thread, but worth repeating: 5-star QB Walker Howard (LSU commit) is going to be at ND on an unofficial visit this weekend (when LSU is having a huge recruiting weekend for their game against Auburn). Apparently Rees has been in constant communication with him. This could get interesting quickly...

• Leprechaun 1

38 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

Put this in the visits thread, but worth repeating: 5-star QB Walker Howard (LSU commit) is going to be at ND on an unofficial visit this weekend (when LSU is having a huge recruiting weekend for their game against Auburn). Apparently Rees has been in constant communication with him. This could get interesting quickly...

I likey!!!!

1 hour ago, tneun89 said:

His intent is to be at both games. I’m not sure ND actually had a shot. Might just be for a good game. Getting someone on campus is where it starts though. 

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

His intent is to be at both games. I’m not sure ND actually had a shot. Might just be for a good game. Getting someone on campus is where it starts though. 

Agreed. He's a Louisiana kid whose dad played for LSU. He's probably not going to flip unless LSU turns into a complete dumpster fire, and maybe not even then. But this is an unofficial, so he's coming on his own dime - that's a long trip to make. Not saying he is on decommit watch or anything, but if he has had good dialogue with Rees for a few months and is paying his own way to see ND, that's a good place to start. Hopefully, ND can get him back up to South Bend for an official for USC or UNC.

22 minutes ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

It’s unfortunate more CB’s have him picking Iowa now. Not a terrible surprise though right?  

Its still early.  He still has a visit to ND I believe for the USC game

We'll have our shot

2 hours ago, golson5 said:

22 recruiting has really hit a lull. 

True, but the ND/USC game will see a lot of talent. Nwankpa, Anthony Lucas, and Hero Kanu for sure. All those guys are Top 100 players. Billy Schrauth might also be in attendance, which would be huge given he has been trending to Wisconsin. Aamil Wagner is also supposed to be there. 5-star QB and LSU commit Walker Howard could also be there. That's a stacked list of 2022 guys (plus all the 2023 guys who will be there). Huge recruiting weekend coming up - ND needs to kill it.

Edited by tneun89

4 minutes ago, Pregame said:

Any intel from the off week recruiting visits? 

No just visiting players. The next two weekends are big recruiting weekends. Quite big. 

Worth noting the LSU news. I don’t believe Walker Howard is an early enrollee which will give him time to see who the new coach is before finalizing a choice. I struggle to see him anywhere but LSU. 

Edited by Big23Head

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

No just visiting players. The next two weekends are big recruiting weekends. Quite big. 

Worth noting the LSU news. I don’t believe Walker Howard is an early enrollee which will give him time to see who the new coach is before finalizing a choice. I struggle to see him anywhere but LSU. 

Iowa losing has to slow the Iowa momentum for Nwankpa.  We'll have our chance this week

3 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Why would he coming on his own dime? He has to have some interest in the Irish then.