2022 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

3 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Maybe it is just me, but i dont like the bat signals. 

I agree with you.  There was some discussion about this in one of the recent podcasts.  My vote is let these kids have their moment and then send that out afterward.  But maybe the staff talks to the kids about this ahead of time and only does it if the kid doesn't care, who knows?

With Morrison's commitment, looks like our defensive recruiting is down to waiting it out for Lucas, Nwampka, Moss and Kanu.  Kanu is likely going to wait until the AA bowl in January.  I believe all 4 of would be takes if they wanted in at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, D Fence said:

With Morrison's commitment, looks like our defensive recruiting is down to waiting it out for Lucas, Nwampka, Moss and Kanu.  Kanu is likely going to wait until the AA bowl in January.  I believe all 4 of would be takes if they wanted in at this point.

I think you are exactly right barring another safety emerging this fall. ND needs a true safety IMO. 

On O I think Williams and Schrauth could pick ND in the next month. Schrauth is a wildcard at this point though. Rolling into fall I like where ND is with Merriweather and think the OL will work out. Beyond that, keep an eye on PSU and if they falter to go after Singleton.

Edited by Big23Head

Posted (edited)

Little bit of a weird recruitment here. I think it’s because the want CJ in the slot. Bradshaws WR position is limited by his size. I’m curious to watch his season because I don’t believe he camped much this summer.

Edited by Big23Head

54 minutes ago, Jburkdd12 said:

Seeing alot of speculation on a 2nd RB in this class??? Do we really need to reach for a RB this cycle? Seems weird to me. A Tyree Diggs, Estime and Price works for me in 2022

They seem to want one. Hopefully they let things play out this fall. Players are going to emerge due to the pandemic.

Posted (edited)

Where things stand for the 2022 class. Below are the currently remaining players on the board and my thoughts. I could see ND taking 5-8 more players for the 2022 class. 

AL RB Quinshon Judkins: ND had passed partially and now may circle back. Hopefully this plays into the fall

CA WR CJ Williams: Likely decides next month and should be ND

WA WR Tobias Merriweather: He could stretch it out but ND is in the top two right now. Likely to head into the fall

MA WR Elic Ayomanor: He will decide before Aug. 27th. I'd pick Stanford as of today, IF he's a take for them

OH OL Aamil Wagner: This will go into the fall and he will take more visits to his top 5

WI OL Billy Schrauth: Anyone's guess right now, ND or WI

NV DL Cyrus Moss: This will go into fall. I'd bet on Oregon, but if he visits again things get interesting

CA DL Hero Kanu: If he visits this month for the BBQ then I love where ND is with him

AZ DL Anthony Lucas: This should go into the fall, I'd bet he ends up elsewhere though as of today

MO DL DJ Wesolak: Does ND get back involved here, can they?

IA S Xavier Nwankpa: This is the guy ND needs. Likely to go into the fall and involve more visits. 

Edited by Big23Head
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Jburkdd12 said:

Seeing alot of speculation on a 2nd RB in this class??? Do we really need to reach for a RB this cycle? Seems weird to me. A Tyree Diggs, Estime and Price works for me in 2022

Personally I think they need to continue to look for a second RB in this class. Because we’ll probably lose two of our starters after this year. CBo and Williams leaving only a proven Tyree. Until they prove themselves Diggs, Estime and Price are just gambles. Although If they don’t get one it isn’t a major set back because we do have some numbers as you mentioned.

6 minutes ago, ND_JACK said:

Personally I think they need to continue to look for a second RB in this class. Because we’ll probably lose two of our starters after this year. CBo and Williams leaving only a proven Tyree. Until they prove themselves Diggs, Estime and Price are just gambles. Although If they don’t get one it isn’t a major set back because we do have some numbers as you mentioned.

c-bo could technically use his covid year if needed. 

9 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Where things stand for the 2022 class. Below are the currently remaining players on the board and my thoughts. I could see ND taking 5-8 more players for the 2022 class. 

AL RB Quinshon Judkins: ND had passed partially and now may circle back. Hopefully this plays into the fall

WA WR Tobias Merriweather: He could stretch it out but ND is in the top two right now. Likely to head into the fall

MA WR Elic Ayomanor: He will decide before Aug. 27th. I'd pick Stanford as of today, IF he's a take for them

OH OL Aamil Wagner: This will go into the fall and he will take more visits to his top 5

NV DL Cyrus Moss: This will go into fall. I'd bet on Oregon, but if he visits again things get interesting

CA DL Hero Kanu: If he visits this month for the BBQ then I love where ND is with him

AZ DL Anthony Lucas: This should go into the fall, I'd bet he ends up elsewhere though as of today

IA S Xavier Nwankpa: This is the guy ND needs. Likely to go into the fall and involve more visits. 

3 minutes ago, Jburkdd12 said:

If Tobias picks Oregon man who do we open the board up to then? The staff obviously is not high on Bradshaw or he would of visited  

I do not think Merriweather picks OU. Those are old picks and wrong. It would be shocking. Bradshaw is still possible but CJ Williams may eliminate him because they want CJ at slot. 

9 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

I do not think Merriweather picks OU. Those are old picks and wrong. It would be shocking. Bradshaw is still possible but CJ Williams may eliminate him because they want CJ at slot. 

Tobias to me is the must get hopefully He decides sooner than later thanks for your input!

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

They really need to fix the highlighting as on the light theme I can never see the names in the highlighted area and I don’t feel like switching back and forth all the time.