2022 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

4 hours ago, TexasDomer said:

Any time ANY commit decides late (or announces late) I feel like it ends poorly for ND.  I’m sure there are exceptions, but that’s the overall trend I’ve noticed.

I do wonder how many kids who wait to announce are milking/playing the bag men (ala Cam Newton). If so, then probably not the type who will typically pick ND. 

On 3/27/2021 at 1:18 PM, Big23Head said:

I think by the end of July ND will have 8 more commits. There is potential for 12 more if things go well.

RB: either a top tier guys commits or they more to the next set of guys

WR: ND will add at least one more WR by the end of July

TE: ND will add at least one more TE by the end of July

OL: ND will add at least one more OL by the end of July

DL: ND will add at least one more but likely two DL by the end of July

LB: ND will add at least two more LB by the end of July 

S: ND will add at least one S by the end of July

I actually think all positions except DBs could be wrapped up before the season starts.

Big23, Not too shabby on your predictions and still most of July to go. It would be nice to get a top WR in this class sooner rather than later.

Since Big23 posted the above: 2 TE (& lost 1); 1 OL; 2 DL; 1 LB; 1 S; 1 CB

He visited ND, ND ultimately passed. He may take Aamil Wagner's potential spot at OSU though, which would put ND in an even nicer spot. Sounds like OSU may like him more than Wagner. To each their own, a few years will tell who was right, maybe both.

17 hours ago, Big23Head said:

He visited ND, ND ultimately passed. He may take Aamil Wagner's potential spot at OSU though, which would put ND in an even nicer spot. Sounds like OSU may like him more than Wagner. To each their own, a few years will tell who was right, maybe both.

Looks like Fitzpatrick committed to OSU.  Hopefully that helps us with Wagner to your point.

Jaylen Sneed is deciding on Monday. Benjamin Morrison is deciding on Thursday. Both should be Irish.

Jaylen Sneed has the potential to be the #1 LB in the 2022 class. He’s that good. Mentioned it before, but he won the LB MVP at the Rivals Five Star Challenge, outperforming two 5-star OSU recruits. He should be in the 5-star conversation for sure when 247 and Rivals update their rankings at the end of the summer.

54 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

Jaylen Sneed is deciding on Monday. Benjamin Morrison is deciding on Thursday. Both should be Irish.

Jaylen Sneed has the potential to be the #1 LB in the 2022 class. He’s that good. Mentioned it before, but he won the LB MVP at the Rivals Five Star Challenge, outperforming two 5-star OSU recruits. He should be in the 5-star conversation for sure when 247 and Rivals update their rankings at the end of the summer.

If both are ND, it will be one of, or if not, the best week in ND recruiting annals

1 hour ago, Jersey Irish said:

If both are ND, it will be one of, or if not, the best week in ND recruiting annals

Speaking of which, i forget when it was like 2 or 3 years ago where they got so many back to back to back the same night, or night after night. 

1 hour ago, Jersey Irish said:

Should definitely be a great week for sure.  They also recently offered Hero Kanu a top 100 dl who is hoping to visit soon.  The potential of this defensive class is awesome.  Marcus Freeman is definitely the man. 

Interesting article on singleton and how close he was to committing to ND. 
They may not flip him, but I hope they stay on him. Nothing to lose. 

here is a little excerpt from the article. 

Head coach Brian Kelly and his staff pulled out all the stops. Singleton bonded with the players. He spent time at Kelly's lake house. He was assured he was the program's No. 1 priority at running back. He was told he'd be set for life with a degree from Notre Dame.

“(Coach Kelly) was telling me I could be the next back to take (them) to a national championship,” Singleton told Irish Illustrated.com shortly after his visit. “I really took that to mind.”

He was ready to commit before leaving campus. He called his father.

Tim Singleton advised his middle son to hold off. He urged him to complete his June recruiting sweep, to take planned stops to Alabama and Texas A&M, before making a final call.

Edited by Domers23
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Darren Agu decommited. Looks like he is picking Vandy instead. Two Crystal Balls for Vandy today. He has a high school teammate already committed there. Who knows his reason though.

https://twitter.com/tjamesndi/status/1414349710605918218?s=21

He was concerned about the depth chart, especially with Keeley and Vernon recently committing.  Opens up another schollie in this class. 

Edited by OKCIrish99