2022 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

2 hours ago, Synoptico said:

I mean he was the starting QB for three years and is the OC, you could at least get his name right. 

it is Rees, not Reese

Got better things to focus on then to make sure I get a College football coaches name spelled correctly. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

I assume that as Recruiting Coordinator, Elston is involved in recruiting both offense and defense. From what I can tell, Freeman is only involved on defense.  Elston has also been around for awhile and DL recruiting has not been at the current level since Diaco left.

No, you're confusing Recruiting Coordinator with a position/side-of-the-ball recruiter. A coordinator handles all of the organization and structuring around the recruiting program. ...Official Visits, academic eligibility, etc. In addition, Elston would also be responsible for recruiting his position group. In addition to that, ND (and most other programs) assign regions to each Coordinator/Assistant that is a geographic area of focus, in which they establish contacts with talent pipelines and support position coaches that recruit from there in a given cycle. In that final area, Elston may cross paths with offensive recruiting but he would not do so as a recruiting coordinator (other than the bureaucratic aspects of recruiting).

Posted (edited)

Jayden Bellamy just committed.  Most people think he could be a good slot / nickel corner. If you watch his tape, he definitely has a set of jets on him.  Few more spots open at the inn in the defensive backfield.

Edited by D Fence

7 hours ago, Big23Head said:

I think we could see 2-3 more D recruits commit fairly soon. The O side of things will be interesting. Dominoes will fall and it will be interesting to see if and where ND pivots. 

Sneed, Moore, Pope

28 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Lets lock up Sneed already. Thats a big one we've been waiting on.  Also lock up Pope.

And maybe get Williams and/or Merriweather in the class before fall

Still dont know whats happening with Schrauth

1 hour ago, golson5 said:

Lets lock up Sneed already. Thats a big one we've been waiting on.  Also lock up Pope.

And maybe get Williams and/or Merriweather in the class before fall

Still dont know whats happening with Schrauth

I’m pretty sure sneed, Pope, and singleton are already wrapped up. Just not public. 

If Singleton does end up choosing PSU, does Notre Dame end RB recruiting for the cycle? They dont seem to have any targets after Singleton. I dont mind, we got two solid RBs last year, we dont necessarily need two every cycle.

2 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

If Singleton does end up choosing PSU, does Notre Dame end RB recruiting for the cycle? They dont seem to have any targets after Singleton. I dont mind, we got two solid RBs last year, we dont necessarily need two every cycle.

I think they would probably be done except for continuing to pursue singleton. He really likes Notre Dame and from what I’ve heard he may have even told them that he was in after his visit. I think if he chooses PSU the pressure of staying home was too much. Knowing he really likes ND they might have a shot at flipping him if they stay on him.