2022 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Jburkdd12 said:

seems more and more like Taylor needs help closing

In the last 5 NFL drafts, Kelly has had only one RB get drafted (in 6th round).  Two in last 8 drafts and three in last 11 drafts. A grand total of just a 3rd round pick and two 6th round picks in 11 years.

Unfortunately, that is probably making it harder to recruit top RB talent to ND than to other schools with better track records for RBs (e.g. Alabama, Clemson , Ohio St and even Penn St all with recent first round picks). Hopefully, Williams and Tyree will both get drafted early and help shift the narrative for ND RBs to the positive. 

Edited by jbrown_9999
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Captain 19 said:

Nic Anderson committed to Oregon. All the CB's were in our favor. That stings a little.

Who needs AC during this heatwave when you’ve got the breezes provided by all these whiffs from the offensive staff?

1 hour ago, ColinKSU said:

Who needs AC during this heatwave when you’ve got the breezes provided by all these whiffs from the offensive staff?

Yeah, I'm not really happy with the Offensive recruiting in this class especially when you compare them to what the Defensive side is pulling in. I was never and will never be on board with Angelli as the QB but now you're just making it that much more difficult down the line pairing him with no real skill talent. 

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

Yep. ND wanted this kid too. Offensive staff is taking it on the chin. Singleton too. Haven’t closed on anyone they think or thought they had. 

Is it too late to get Freeman involved in offensive recruiting...

• Flames (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, D Fence said:

Tough news on Anderson.  Many people felt good about him.  Maybe we need to get Xavion Bradshaw back on the docket for a visit.

Will they now need to find Plan C recruits on offense if they burned bridges with recruits like Bradshaw?

Something is definitely off on the O side. They seem to think these recruits are wrapped up and they are wrong. Some of this might be kids finally getting out to visits and truly being blown away by another school. I don’t think Anderson is a huge loss talent wise, meaning I think he’s replaceable. But ND wanted him and lost after apparently thinking they had him. 

Singleton was always a hard pull but they have to win one of those eventually. Luckily they have Price who I think will be excellent. They need to lock up Williams and Merriweather. Then things look much better on O. 

11 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Is it too late to get Freeman involved in offensive recruiting...

I thank we are giving Freeman way to much credit... Is he doing a good job yes but Elston is a beast also 

41 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Something is definitely off on the O side. They seem to think these recruits are wrapped up and they are wrong. Some of this might be kids finally getting out to visits and truly being blown away by another school. I don’t think Anderson is a huge loss talent wise, meaning I think he’s replaceable. But ND wanted him and lost after apparently thinking they had him. 

Singleton was always a hard pull but they have to win one of those eventually. Luckily they have Price who I think will be excellent. They need to lock up Williams and Merriweather. Then things look much better on O. 

you think this is on kelly or reese ? at the end of the day it all rolls back to the coach to close

4 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Rees*

Kelly hired Reese instead of going out and getting the best OC he could, like he did with DC, so that he could have a yes man running the same boring offense he has had for almost a decade now. So I put it on Kelly.

12 minutes ago, ndfanatic78 said:

Kelly hired Reese instead of going out and getting the best OC he could, like he did with DC, so that he could have a yes man running the same boring offense he has had for almost a decade now. So I put it on Kelly.

I mean he was the starting QB for three years and is the OC, you could at least get his name right. 

it is Rees, not Reese

• Cheers (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jburkdd12 said:

I thank we are giving Freeman way to much credit... Is he doing a good job yes but Elston is a beast also 

I assume that as Recruiting Coordinator, Elston is involved in recruiting both offense and defense. From what I can tell, Freeman is only involved on defense.  Elston has also been around for awhile and DL recruiting has not been at the current level since Diaco left.

27 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

I assume that as Recruiting Coordinator, Elston is involved in recruiting both offense and defense. From what I can tell, Freeman is only involved on defense.  Elston has also been around for awhile and DL recruiting has not been at the current level since Diaco left.

BVG killed all D recruiting. Elston is the reason DL recruiting is where it is and Freeman has only helped. Brenan Vernon raved about Elston. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Will they now need to find Plan C recruits on offense if they burned bridges with recruits like Bradshaw?

No, not yet. They need to lock down Williams and Merriweather. That changes a ton. Then go after Ayomanor. After that wait for Andre Greene's OV and keep eyes open for new options, which probably includes Bradshaw visiting. There will be new options this year too given how little visibility some kids have gotten. 

6 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

No, not yet. They need to lock down Williams and Merriweather. That changes a ton. Then go after Ayomanor. After that wait for Andre Greene's OV and keep eyes open for new options, which probably includes Bradshaw visiting. There will be new options this year too given how little visibility some kids have gotten. 

Agree - they have to shift from "take your time to make sure" to locking up both of those WRs sooner than later.  Whereas some recruits like Rice help ND the longer the recruitment goes, these 2 hurt ND if they drag things out in my opinion.  I'm hoping that Singleton really wants to come here and defy local pressures, but if he decides on Penn State, we still have a very good back already in Price.  I wonder if they go to alternate guys at RB as they could have some turnover in that room after the season if Kyren goes pro and Flemister doesn't return for a 5th year.

12 minutes ago, D Fence said:

Agree - they have to shift from "take your time to make sure" to locking up both of those WRs sooner than later.  Whereas some recruits like Rice help ND the longer the recruitment goes, these 2 hurt ND if they drag things out in my opinion.  I'm hoping that Singleton really wants to come here and defy local pressures, but if he decides on Penn State, we still have a very good back already in Price.  I wonder if they go to alternate guys at RB as they could have some turnover in that room after the season if Kyren goes pro and Flemister doesn't return for a 5th year.

I would keep eyes and ears open but please don’t reach. I would rather have CBo/Tyree next year