2022 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

14 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

That would be one hell of a WR corp if you are right Big! Best of the Kelly era?

OL momentum has definitely fallen off recently... :(

OL has fallen from where they were but I personally like Ashton Craig quite a bit for a second option. Many comps to Jarrett Patterson and I agree. They really just need to land one more solid OL and its a very good group. ND has a very young and very good core at OL right now. 

18 hours ago, Big23Head said:

OL has fallen from where they were but I personally like Ashton Craig quite a bit for a second option. Many comps to Jarrett Patterson and I agree. They really just need to land one more solid OL and its a very good group. ND has a very young and very good core at OL right now. 

Craig moves extremely well, in the film I saw from one of the camps he was at. Very quick out of his stance and moves well in space. I think he has exactly what you want from an athleticism standpoint for an interior linemen.

7 hours ago, Synoptico said:

thoughts on rice?

According to driskel’s sources They made up ground on the schools in the lead. They had him hang out with Fisher a ton. They used Fisher as a selling point. They showed him how guys like Eichenberg started at right tackle, moved to left tackle for a year or two and became high round picks.  

and yes it sounds like the longer this one goes the better for Notre Dame.  

1 hour ago, foreverirish34 said:

I would have figured he was a silent commit from everything I’ve read lately.

Its crazy how things change. I thought we'd have Scrauth, singleton and morrison.  Looks kike none of those are coming

Listened to an ND recruiting podcast today and heard that ND gained some ground with Rice. Apparently he really connected with Blake Fisher.

Also heard that Singleton and Scrauth are really on the fence between ND and the in-state schools. 

4 hours ago, Jburkdd12 said:

seems more and more like Taylor needs help closing

Didnt he get two solid RBs last year? RB recruiting has been pretty good from my point of view. Chris Tyree was a borderline 5* RB. Did Taylor recruit him?

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

Didnt he get two solid RBs last year? RB recruiting has been pretty good from my point of view. Chris Tyree was a borderline 5* RB. Did Taylor recruit him?

Tyree was Chip Long and he missed on Shipley/edwards last year. 

On 6/26/2021 at 2:43 PM, Big23Head said:

Could be Ashton Craig too

Bellamy announces July 2. Sure hope he is Irish and does not think he can be the big man on campus for Rutgers. He is a priority for ND at a position of need. Hope Freeman and Mickens have told him how important he is to this class of studs!

1 hour ago, Jersey Irish said:

Bellamy announces July 2. Sure hope he is Irish and does not think he can be the big man on campus for Rutgers. He is a priority for ND at a position of need. Hope Freeman and Mickens have told him how important he is to this class of studs!

Fairly confident he is all ND.

Jaylen Sneed should be announcing for ND too in the next week or two (hopefully) - based on everything I've read, he will be a 5-star on Rivals when they do their next player rankings update.

Guys like Nicholas Singleton and Jake Pope could make their decisions in the coming weeks as well - could be good or bad for ND on both.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, 4thand1 said:

Listened to an ND recruiting podcast today and heard that ND gained some ground with Rice. Apparently he really connected with Blake Fisher.

Also heard that Singleton and Scrauth are really on the fence between ND and the in-state schools. 

Blake is working, so is Rocco

Edited by Big23Head