2022 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

11 hours ago, Big23Head said:

I think a lot of decisions start happening next week into and right after the 4th. It’s going to be an interesting and potentially wild ride to see where these kids end up. 

I really hope Singleton commits soon now that Sawchuk pledged OU.  Loved his film.   Think he and Price would be a great 1-2 punch.  Both have good size and burst.  Think it'll be ND or PSU.  Fingers crossed for good guys. 

16 minutes ago, golson5 said:

Finally !   Lets Go!

Hoping its Sneed or Singleton to get things started

Jayden Bellamy seems to be the one getting all the Crystal Balls and new articles.  He is my guess.

6 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Could be Ashton Craig too

Would they take Ashton Craig at this point?

well, nvm, 247 already has him listed on the official commit page.

Edited by NDhoosier
updated info

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

Would they take Ashton Craig at this point?

well, nvm, 247 already has him listed on the official commit page.

I think ND jumped the gun on him. IMO, they could've either held out for a better prospect in this class or even waited altogether until the class of '23 to fill out a pure interior OL slot. 

1 hour ago, ELDER06 said:

I think ND jumped the gun on him. IMO, they could've either held out for a better prospect in this class or even waited altogether until the class of '23 to fill out a pure interior OL slot. 

It's still way too early man. Everyone was prematurely bashing Amorion Walker as well. Walker has since received offers from LSU, Alabama and Michigan. Evaluations as a whole are off this recruiting cycle and the last one. Recruiting sites are still playing catch up. The staff has been extremely diligent in finding players early in the cycle and haven't worried about what the star ranking is on the players they want. Trust the coaches, they didn't offer based off film. They offered based off camp, that tells me all I need to know.

1 minute ago, reneg said:

It's still way too early man. Everyone was prematurely bashing Amorion Walker as well. Walker has since received offers from LSU, Alabama and Michigan. Evaluations as a whole are off this recruiting cycle and the last one. Recruiting sites are still playing catch up. The staff has been extremely diligent in finding players early in the cycle and haven't worried about what the star ranking is on the players they want. Trust the coaches, they didn't offer based off film. They offered based off camp, that tells me all I need to know.

OSU worked him out and did not offer. That's a red flag imo. ND can recruit the OL well enough where they don't have to take OSU's leftovers. His competition level is also extremely weak. 

1 hour ago, ELDER06 said:

OSU worked him out and did not offer. That's a red flag imo. ND can recruit the OL well enough where they don't have to take OSU's leftovers. His competition level is also extremely weak. 

Where are you seeing OSU worked him out?

10 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

FWIW the only OL who would rank lower than him over the Kelly era is…Nick Martin, who they turned into a second round pick for the Texans and is still in the NFL with the Raiders. 

14 minutes ago, OKCIrish99 said:

Hopefully we land CJ Williams soon.  Sinclair and Loy had recent cbs to ND.  This class needs Williams, Sneed, and Singleton.  Elite guys who ND is favored for.  Should be a great class.   

And Meriweather.  He has the most potential at wr imo

14 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Bellamy instead of Morrison (maybe because he is picking another school)? I would like for ND to land Morrison, but we have had decent luck getting 3 stars to do well at the CB position.

I really wanted Morrison. Think he will be really good

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

Bellamy instead of Morrison (maybe because he is picking another school)? I would like for ND to land Morrison, but we have had decent luck getting 3 stars to do well at the CB position.

Think we have a good shot at landing both really.  Morrison visited ND recently and loved the visit.  He also has 2 cbs projected for ND.  

19 minutes ago, OKCIrish99 said:

Think we have a good shot at landing both really.  Morrison visited ND recently and loved the visit.  He also has 2 cbs projected for ND.  

Driskell is reporting we are behind Washington now. Dont know what is accurate

5 hours ago, golson5 said:

Driskell is reporting we are behind Washington now. Dont know what is accurate

Everything points to ND or Washington.  Reminds me of the KeiVarae Russell recruitment.  Hopefully this will  have a similar outcome. ?

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2021 at 2:30 PM, tneun89 said:

Class Prediction

QB: Angeli (4-star, #236 overall, #16 QB)

RB: Price (4-star, #227 overall, #23 RB); Singleton (4-star, #99 overall, #6 RB)

TE: Staes (4-star, #272 overall, #10 TE); Rairdon (3-star, #453 overall, #20 TE)

WR: Walker (3-star, #829 overall, #109 WR); Williams (4-star, #73 overall, #9 WR); Merriweather (4-star, #125 overall, #18 WR); Anderson (4-star, #216 overall, #23 WR)

OL: Tanona (4-star, #167 overall, #16 OT); Chan (4-star, #205 overall, #21 OT); Wagner (4-star, #11 overall, #11 OT); Schrauth (4-star, #160 overall, #8 IOL)

DL: Ford (4-star, #138 overall, #24 DL); Gobaira (4-star, #254 overall, #34 DL); Agu (3-star, #480 overall, #25 Edge); Hinish (3-star, #482 overall, #74 DL); Lucas (4-star, #83 overall, #14 DL)

LB: Tuihalamaka (4-star, #108 overall, #11 LB); Burnham (4-star, #113 overall, #12 LB); Ziegler (4-star, #316 overall, #35 LB); Sneed (4-star, #70 overall, #8 LB)

CB: Mickey (4-star, #232 overall, #26 CB); Morrison (4-star, #319 overall, #31 CB)

S: Nwankpa (4-star, #54 overall, #5 S); Moore (3-star, #363 overall, #25 S); Pope (3-star, #382 overall, #27 S)

ND currently has 15 commits (11 four-stars, 4 three-stars). ND will likely finish with 25-27 commits. I've added 12 recruits (in bold) who I could see ending up Irish. ND is either the outright favorite to land these guys or is at least in the Top 2-3. 

Currently, ND is the favorite to land: Singleton, Williams, Merriweather, Anderson, Sneed, Moore, and Pope. ND is in the Top 2 for Wagner (OSU), Schrauth (Wisconsin), Lucas (Texas A&M), Morrison (Washington), and Nwankpa (OSU). It's hard to imagine ND going 5-for-5 with this group, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. I would have guessed OSU for Wagner, but there is a rumor that he is not a take for them right now. OSU has been the long-time favorite to land Nwankpa, but ND has been gaining momentum over the last month or two and it sounds like the visit this past weekend went really well. Harder to get a read on Lucas and Morrison. Some ND writers thought Morrison would have been committed by now, but Washington writers feel they lead. Not completely sure on Lucas to be honest - he's taking visits to FSU and Bama this week. Oregon and Texas A&M appear to be the biggest threats. Schrauth has been a ND lean for a long, long time, but it sounds like Wisconsin has made it really close or pulled even.

The following have taken/will take officials, but it's hard to see ND getting these guys: Rice (UNC), Sawchuk (OU), Brunner (Wisconsin), Moss (Oregon/Clemson), Hinzman (Wisconsin), Hayden (OSU), and Taylor (OU).

The class above would give ND a score of: 291.89 on 247. That would have ranked: 5th (2021), 6th (2020), 3rd (2019), and 4th (2018). Rankings change, but it would include 21 4-stars and 6 3-stars. There would be 5 Top 100 players and 12 Top 200 players. Several of the 3-stars have great offers: Walker (Alabama, LSU), Agu (Alabama), Moore (Alabama, Florida), and Pope (Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Ohio State). This would be the best class since 2013 and potentially the best class of the BK era. 

Revisiting this post and will focus on the bold predictions made and adding Bellamy:

Singleton: slug fest that I think ND can win

Williams: I think he's Irish in the next few weeks

Merriweather: I think he will be Irish if he isn't already

Anderson: I think he's Irish in the next few weeks

Wagner: this is a battle but one I think ND has a solid shot at as of now

Schrauth: I think ND has faded, that home pull won I believe

Lucas: too much time to tell, long way to go most likely

Sneed: I think he's Irish in the next few weeks

Morrison: one group of insiders on this one are completely wrong and I don't know who, I'm hoping ND wins because I like him

Nwankpa: I don't think anyone knows but ND needs to win it

Moore: I think he's Irish in the next few weeks

Pope: I think he's Irish in the next few weeks

Bellamy: I think he's Irish this week

Edited by Big23Head
  • Leprechaun 1