2022 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

4 hours ago, golson5 said:

Sneed, Moore, Morrison m, Schrauth?  Any idea on the order or the when Lol

Next I’d say Sneed. After that you could see Moore, Schrauth, Morrison, Pope, Merriweather, Williams, and/or Anderson in the next couple of weeks. It could turn into a first come first serve quickly. 

Very happy with how recruiting is going. However, the offensive side needs to step it up especially with the skill players. Possibly CB too if I were to nitpick.  A national championship level roster is not out of reach. I hope the offensive staff pulls out all stops to get there.

34 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Saw some crystal balls coming in for Nicholas Singleton. I’ve always seen Hayden but what’s your take on singleton over hayden?

Wow I wasnt expecting that.  Gotta close on these guys that are crystal balled to us now

Sneed 

Merriweather 

Singleton

Schrauth

Moore

Morrison

Pope

• Like (+1) 1

Class Prediction

QB: Angeli (4-star, #236 overall, #16 QB)

RB: Price (4-star, #227 overall, #23 RB); Singleton (4-star, #99 overall, #6 RB)

TE: Staes (4-star, #272 overall, #10 TE); Rairdon (3-star, #453 overall, #20 TE)

WR: Walker (3-star, #829 overall, #109 WR); Williams (4-star, #73 overall, #9 WR); Merriweather (4-star, #125 overall, #18 WR); Anderson (4-star, #216 overall, #23 WR)

OL: Tanona (4-star, #167 overall, #16 OT); Chan (4-star, #205 overall, #21 OT); Wagner (4-star, #11 overall, #11 OT); Schrauth (4-star, #160 overall, #8 IOL)

DL: Ford (4-star, #138 overall, #24 DL); Gobaira (4-star, #254 overall, #34 DL); Agu (3-star, #480 overall, #25 Edge); Hinish (3-star, #482 overall, #74 DL); Lucas (4-star, #83 overall, #14 DL)

LB: Tuihalamaka (4-star, #108 overall, #11 LB); Burnham (4-star, #113 overall, #12 LB); Ziegler (4-star, #316 overall, #35 LB); Sneed (4-star, #70 overall, #8 LB)

CB: Mickey (4-star, #232 overall, #26 CB); Morrison (4-star, #319 overall, #31 CB)

S: Nwankpa (4-star, #54 overall, #5 S); Moore (3-star, #363 overall, #25 S); Pope (3-star, #382 overall, #27 S)

ND currently has 15 commits (11 four-stars, 4 three-stars). ND will likely finish with 25-27 commits. I've added 12 recruits (in bold) who I could see ending up Irish. ND is either the outright favorite to land these guys or is at least in the Top 2-3. 

Currently, ND is the favorite to land: Singleton, Williams, Merriweather, Anderson, Sneed, Moore, and Pope. ND is in the Top 2 for Wagner (OSU), Schrauth (Wisconsin), Lucas (Texas A&M), Morrison (Washington), and Nwankpa (OSU). It's hard to imagine ND going 5-for-5 with this group, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. I would have guessed OSU for Wagner, but there is a rumor that he is not a take for them right now. OSU has been the long-time favorite to land Nwankpa, but ND has been gaining momentum over the last month or two and it sounds like the visit this past weekend went really well. Harder to get a read on Lucas and Morrison. Some ND writers thought Morrison would have been committed by now, but Washington writers feel they lead. Not completely sure on Lucas to be honest - he's taking visits to FSU and Bama this week. Oregon and Texas A&M appear to be the biggest threats. Schrauth has been a ND lean for a long, long time, but it sounds like Wisconsin has made it really close or pulled even.

The following have taken/will take officials, but it's hard to see ND getting these guys: Rice (UNC), Sawchuk (OU), Brunner (Wisconsin), Moss (Oregon/Clemson), Hinzman (Wisconsin), Hayden (OSU), and Taylor (OU).

The class above would give ND a score of: 291.89 on 247. That would have ranked: 5th (2021), 6th (2020), 3rd (2019), and 4th (2018). Rankings change, but it would include 21 4-stars and 6 3-stars. There would be 5 Top 100 players and 12 Top 200 players. Several of the 3-stars have great offers: Walker (Alabama, LSU), Agu (Alabama), Moore (Alabama, Florida), and Pope (Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Ohio State). This would be the best class since 2013 and potentially the best class of the BK era. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Leprechaun (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

Class Prediction

QB: Angeli (4-star, #236 overall, #16 QB)

RB: Price (4-star, #227 overall, #23 RB); Singleton (4-star, #99 overall, #6 RB)

TE: Staes (4-star, #272 overall, #10 TE); Rairdon (3-star, #453 overall, #20 TE)

WR: Walker (3-star, #829 overall, #109 WR); Williams (4-star, #73 overall, #9 WR); Merriweather (4-star, #125 overall, #18 WR); Anderson (4-star, #216 overall, #23 WR)

OL: Tanona (4-star, #167 overall, #16 OT); Chan (4-star, #205 overall, #21 OT); Wagner (4-star, #11 overall, #11 OT); Schrauth (4-star, #160 overall, #8 IOL)

DL: Ford (4-star, #138 overall, #24 DL); Gobaira (4-star, #254 overall, #34 DL); Agu (3-star, #480 overall, #25 Edge); Hinish (3-star, #482 overall, #74 DL); Lucas (4-star, #83 overall, #14 DL)

LB: Tuihalamaka (4-star, #108 overall, #11 LB); Burnham (4-star, #113 overall, #12 LB); Ziegler (4-star, #316 overall, #35 LB); Sneed (4-star, #70 overall, #8 LB)

CB: Mickey (4-star, #232 overall, #26 CB); Morrison (4-star, #319 overall, #31 CB)

S: Nwankpa (4-star, #54 overall, #5 S); Moore (3-star, #363 overall, #25 S); Pope (3-star, #382 overall, #27 S)

ND currently has 15 commits (11 four-stars, 4 three-stars). ND will likely finish with 25-27 commits. I've added 12 recruits (in bold) who I could see ending up Irish. ND is either the outright favorite to land these guys or is at least in the Top 2-3. 

Currently, ND is the favorite to land: Singleton, Williams, Merriweather, Anderson, Sneed, Moore, and Pope. ND is in the Top 2 for Wagner (OSU), Schrauth (Wisconsin), Lucas (Texas A&M), Morrison (Washington), and Nwankpa (OSU). It's hard to imagine ND going 5-for-5 with this group, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. I would have guessed OSU for Wagner, but there is a rumor that he is not a take for them right now. OSU has been the long-time favorite to land Nwankpa, but ND has been gaining momentum over the last month or two and it sounds like the visit this past weekend went really well. Harder to get a read on Lucas and Morrison. Some ND writers thought Morrison would have been committed by now, but Washington writers feel they lead. Not completely sure on Lucas to be honest - he's taking visits to FSU and Bama this week. Oregon and Texas A&M appear to be the biggest threats. Schrauth has been a ND lean for a long, long time, but it sounds like Wisconsin has made it really close or pulled even.

The following have taken/will take officials, but it's hard to see ND getting these guys: Rice (UNC), Sawchuk (OU), Brunner (Wisconsin), Moss (Oregon/Clemson), Hinzman (Wisconsin), Hayden (OSU), and Taylor (OU).

The class above would give ND a score of: 291.89 on 247. That would have ranked: 5th (2021), 6th (2020), 3rd (2019), and 4th (2018). Rankings change, but it would include 21 4-stars and 6 3-stars. There would be 5 Top 100 players and 12 Top 200 players. Several of the 3-stars have great offers: Walker (Alabama, LSU), Agu (Alabama), Moore (Alabama, Florida), and Pope (Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Ohio State). This would be the best class since 2013 and potentially the best class of the BK era. 

I'm onboard with this and I think the ball starts rolling very quickly in short order as I said above. Dominoes will start to fall soon. I love the 3 stars ND is in on and you make a great point, look at the offers those guys have. That is the level and type of 3 star ND needs to be after. 

1 hour ago, mcgov12 said:

Probably a loaded question, but what do you guys attribute to such a successful recruiting weekend with all these guys?

Recent success on the field for sure but also the attitude and belief that Marcus Freeman has brought has seemed to ignite/inspire the staff.

Edited by Jackie Chiles

14 minutes ago, Jackie Chiles said:

Recent success on the field for sure but also the attitude and belief that Marcus Freeman has brought has seemed to ignite/inspire the staff.

I agree. Realizing they can push harder for certain players and outwork others. Freeman and Co. brought that. 

2 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

Probably a loaded question, but what do you guys attribute to such a successful recruiting weekend with all these guys?

I think overall a team of Kelly, Freeman, Taylor, and Elston along with everything else Notre Dame offers takes recruiting to a high level.  Very excited about this class for sure. 

Agree with the comments above about the staff.  Most of the interviews from the visitors seem to relate to ND being on the big stage in the playoffs, too.  The staff is selling to many top kids that they will be the difference to getting us over the hump.

52 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

The dominoes...ND better get Singleton...and may already have him.

Alabama already has two stud running backs committed, so they're probably out. 

Penn State hasn't had a stud running back in a few cycles, including this one.  Texas A&M similarly isn't overly stocked at RB.  I wonder how much Singleton is considering those two.

Would absolutely love to see Price and Singleton in this class.  ND would be stacked at RB.

44 minutes ago, Kelly Gruene said:

Alabama already has two stud running backs committed, so they're probably out. 

Penn State hasn't had a stud running back in a few cycles, including this one.  Texas A&M similarly isn't overly stocked at RB.  I wonder how much Singleton is considering those two.

Would absolutely love to see Price and Singleton in this class.  ND would be stacked at RB.

Definitely an ND/PSU battle. Hopefully ND wins out. I agree a Singleton/Price combo is absolutely stellar. 

5 hours ago, golson5 said:

Whats the story and holdup with Billy Schrauth?  Thought the visit was a formality and a commit would follow. Hasnt happened yet

Seems like Wisconsin has some significant momentum following the official he took. Most seem to think it's now a toss-up. Although, all of the 247 crystal balls are still on ND, including the Wisconsin insider (albeit with low confidence). Now, all of these predictions were put in back in April or earlier and a lot has changed, but it should be noted that with all the Wisconsin momentum, nobody has changed their predictions, which is a good sign.

It's hard to pull elite level OL out of Wisconsin, and there happen to be three elite OL from there this cycle (Brunner, Hinzman, Schrauth). The other two seem like locks to go to Wisconsin, so not sure if Schrauth is feeling the pressure to "stay home." 

We'll know soon enough. He already took his last official to OSU (they're not in it). So he could decide anytime.

I have been out of it for awhile...paying to much attention to Covid up here in Canada.....what is the deal with Zach Rice? I do not see him listed on page 1?  Is he not visiting this weekend?  Did he eliminate ND or just not realistic so not listed? 

18 minutes ago, 1Redrum said:

I have been out of it for awhile...paying to much attention to Covid up here in Canada.....what is the deal with Zach Rice? I do not see him listed on page 1?  Is he not visiting this weekend?  Did he eliminate ND or just not realistic so not listed? 

I haven’t been convinced he is a realistic option. He is listed on the visitor thread though. He will be at ND this weekend. 

• Like (+1) 1