2022 Recruiting Prospects

Recruiting at the skill positions needs to step it the f up. Defensive recruiting is outstanding, but Angelli, Price, and Walker as the only commits isn't good enough. Rees, Taylor, and especially Alexander need to get better. 

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In case you all missed this during the transition. I think ND has a HUGE June and July. Quality and quantity.    Side note, I cleaned the entire thread so all tweets are correct except where

FWIW, today in interviews Kurt Hinish was asked about his brother being recruited by ND. He said Donovan is 1-2 inches taller, ~275# right now, and a better athlete than himself. Said Donovan moves be

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

Recruiting at the skill positions needs to step it the f up. Defensive recruiting is outstanding, but Angelli, Price, and Walker as the only commits isn't good enough. Rees, Taylor, and especially Alexander need to get better. 

I agree ND should shoot higher with QBs every year, not just getting a Buchner and then backing off. I think Price is a great skill player. ND is sitting solid with skill players overall right now. June is going to be big and give you that real answer if they have a ton of work to do or not. 

Article says ND is at the bottom of his list but for now I would take that with a grain of salt. Several factors were not thought out or discussed with making that statement and I'm not sure it is true at all.

Posted (edited)

FWIW, today in interviews Kurt Hinish was asked about his brother being recruited by ND. He said Donovan is 1-2 inches taller, ~275# right now, and a better athlete than himself. Said Donovan moves better laterally and overall. I was hesitant about Donovan personally given the quality of guys with interest in ND this year. But if ND can get a more athletic, slightly larger Kurt Hinish for 4 years, sign me up every day. For those worried about his offer list, it was reported a while back teams aren't pursuing him right now because they believe he is 100% locked to ND and would be a waste of time.

PS, in case you missed it. I think June/July could be epic for ND recruiting. 

Edited by Big23Head
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Big23Head said:

FWIW, today in interviews Kurt Hinish was asked about his brother being recruited by ND. He said Donovan is 1-2 inches taller, ~275# right now, and a better athlete than himself. Said Donovan moves better laterally and overall. I was hesitant about Donovan personally given the quality of guys with interest in ND this year. But if ND can get a more athletic, slightly larger Kurt Hinish for 4 years, sign me up every day. For those worried about his offer list, it was reported a while back teams aren't pursuing him right now because they believe he is 100% locked to ND and would be a waste of time.

19 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Hopefully, this is finally the year when early recruiting promise gets turned into Top 5 reality. It has been a long time since 2013 when Kelly had his one and only Top 5 class.

1 hour ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Hopefully, this is finally the year when early recruiting promise gets turned into Top 5 reality. It has been a long time since 2013 when Kelly had his one and only Top 5 class.

That class had a lot of disappointments too. It should be improved now. They need to hit at RB and WR

On 4/18/2021 at 12:20 PM, jbrown_9999 said:

I think ND will get close to Top 5, but ultimately fall short. A lot would have to go their way to get there, such as landing Singleton/Sawchuk at RB, some combination of C.J. Williams/Tobias Merriweather/Tyler Morris at WR, Cyrus Moss and Anthony Lucas along the DL, Jyaire Brown and/or Khamuri Rogers at CB. None of those players are out of the realm of possibility, but ND will not go100% with these elite players.

On offense, I think RB is the biggest question mark - Singleton seems PSU bound and Sawchuk has been favored to go to OU for a really long time (although, OU has nother elite RB already committed, so maybe that changes things). Visits can change everything, but ND is behind there. I think ND could land any of those three of those WRs, but I can also see a scenario where they land none of them. Williams is actually probably the best bet. At TE, Staes is ND's to lose. He has a fantastic offer list with all of the elite schools chasing him, so ND should be pumped to land him. OL will always work out for ND. ND almost certainly lands Schrauth, but honestly not sure who the 4th OL will be. Think ND is behind OU for Jake Taylor. Wagner is probably ND's best chance, but OSU is a real threat. Rice is not coming to ND, and Hinzman seems to be all Wisconsin.

On defense, Moss may actually be a legitimate possibility. It sounds like Oregon and ND may be the two schools at the top. Anthony Lucas is one of my biggest wants this year - legitimate Top 50 player. ND/Alabama battle probably. Hinish will be in the class. Would love Ernest Cooper (although his ESPN rating seems too high), but not sure about where ND stands to be honest. ND is in great shape for a terrific LB haul. They will likely have to turn away a really good player from the group of Sneed/Tuihalamaka/Cheeks. I don't see them taking 5 LBs this cycle. Could be a first to commit situation. Secondary is really up in the air it seems like. ND in it for some elite guys like Jyaire Brown and Khamuri Rogers, but both will be tough pulls. ND seemed in great shape to steal Brown from OSU, but not completely sure where things stand now. Would love ND to get Terrance Brooks, but not sure where he is right now. At safety, I would actually take a Winston/Moore combination. Would love Nwankpa, but he seems OSU bound - although, ND may have closed the gap here a bit with a huge visit coming up. Love Covil, but not sure where he stands - have heard Virginia Tech is actually in great shape.

I think ND will finish in the bottom half of the Top 10 - probably somewhere between 8-10. I just don't see ND landing one of the big fish at RB. And ND doesn't have a ton of elite options at WR, although ND is certainly in decent shape for a few. Secondary recruiting will be the most interesting for me - upcoming official visits in June  will be huge.

• Like 1