*the official irish vs blue devils game day thread*

chirodomer

This is why I’m not excited about the season. We have to watch a bunch of waffling by folks who have no foresight. Either you’re all in or you’re not. Quit pussyfooting around. You play the game with what you have, and if it’s 20 guys, it’s 20 guys...thats just the way the cookie crumbles, but play ball or if you fee like you can’t, then forfeit that week.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I’m not excited about the season. We have to watch a bunch of waffling by folks who have no foresight. Either you’re all in or you’re not. Quit pussyfooting around. You play the game with what you have, and if it’s 20 guys, it’s 20 guys...thats just the way the cookie crumbles, but play ball or if you fee like you can’t, then forfeit that week.

We’re still a long ways off from that.

Very true, But they keep running up the middle and getting stufded and no use of jet sweeps. Don't get it. And why was Lenzy active but did not play a down?

There's been no comment on Lenzy but confirmed he was not on the field for warm ups yet dressed for the game. SB Tribune speculated either injury or disciplinary but crickets coming from the Team. I'm leaning to "play if needed" as if disciplinary, he wouldn't have dressed. Hopefully something comes out this week and his availability for USF. He would've killed yesterday with the way we were able to attack the perimeter in the 2nd half.

There's been no comment on Lenzy but confirmed he was not on the field for warm ups yet dressed for the game. SB Tribune speculated either injury or disciplinary but crickets coming from the Team. I'm leaning to "play if needed" as if disciplinary, he wouldn't have dressed. Hopefully something comes out this week and his availability for USF. He would've killed yesterday with the way we were able to attack the perimeter in the 2nd half.

I am interested to hear why he wasn’t out there. I kept saying yesterday we needed his speed on the perimeter. I Hope it was only a one game thing.

Someone in a comment in another thread said Lenzy had a hamstring but could have played if needed. That would explain being dressed but not warming up.

Thanks....so far it doesn’t appear we had any “major” injuries. Two guys with hamstring pulls that could have played if needed and a high ankle sprain. I’ll be interested to see when Hamilton is expected to be 100%. Those high ankle sprains can take awhile to fully recover from.