2022 LB Nolan Ziegler is Irish!

Jersey Irish

2022Linebacker Nolan Ziegler* 4- star from Catholic Central (Mich.) is Irish!

Projects as future rover. The Irish offered the 6-foot-4, 205-pounder on Aug. 6 and Ziegler committed to the Irish on Aug. 22.

Great get for the rover spot and also a 3.9 GPA student with ND roots as grandfather Tim Sullivan played for ND in 70s.

Edited by Jersey Irish

He’s a borderline 4* but he’s only a Jr. He’s a solid player, but he’s not anchoring this class.

Hes going to be a consensus 4 star, probably top 250 maybe even higher. He was a 3star as a safety. As a LB, hes going to be an athletic 4 star. Kid has major potential.

Hes recently put on 15 lbs and tested very well athletically at a cincy camp. Hes going to be a real good one.

You are underrating this one

Hes going to be a consensus 4 star, probably top 250 maybe even higher. He was a 3star as a safety. As a LB, hes going to be an athletic 4 star. Kid has major potential.

Hes recently put on 15 lbs and tested very well athletically at a cincy camp. Hes going to be a real good one.

You are underrating this one

I think he can be a multi yr starter. They just need to figure out if he’s a LB or SS.

He’s got great speed (4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash), range, hitting ability," said CBS Sports recruiting analyst Tom Lemming, who met with Ziegler in person Saturday. "He seems to be a kid that was made to play football. He’s going to be a star. When you have that kind of size and speed, you’re in business. I gave him four stars-plus."

He’s got great speed (4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash), range, hitting ability," said CBS Sports recruiting analyst Tom Lemming, who met with Ziegler in person Saturday. "He seems to be a kid that was made to play football. He’s going to be a star. When you have that kind of size and speed, you’re in business. I gave him four stars-plus."

His speed will also likely drop if he bulks up to play LB.

Well I remember people hearing Drue was faster than Jaylon and considered it a fact.

He might’ve been faster as a Freshman before he bulked up and had his knee injuries. Regardless, I think this kid is going to be solid, just not one of the Crown Jewels of this class.

• 4 weeks later...