BK and Daelin on the today show

I truly think that ND is on the right side of the aisle. The players won’t get better health care and operate under stricter protocols off campus. And if the situation devolves 2-3 weeks into the yr and it’s clear this situation is untenable, then fine, but at least you tried

So, if 60-80 players and coaches from each side are tested consistently and are all negative and they play a football game, how is their any risk of catching or spreading COVID? Oh yeah, I know the answer........None!

Multiple renowned medical experts say you can play safely.

To not play just plays right into the hands of the hysteria narrative.

If there are some players who don’t want to play, fine, they don’t have to. But for the ones who want to play they should be able to play.

I agree with elder in that there's nothing that wrong with giving it the old college try....but its wrong to think that testing alone can get the season to run smoothly.

The NBA and the NHL are making things work but thats because they play in a bubble...even Fauci projected that playing in a bubble had a good shot....but college football wont be able to do that. Likely what we can expect is outbreaks within teams...the Florida Marlin thing,,,,players are fine one week and then we get 13 positives and then who quarantines,,,,just the positives or the whole team? for 2 weeks? geez....and how many games will run into that issue.?...Even if we manage to get games going the odds of completing anything that looks like a season with this much virus running around the country is clearly problematic. Would be great and if we had the freakin thing under some kind of control we could feel confident to play, but alas it is what it is.

aloha

Why can’t CF be played with no fans....just the two teams, coaches and officials. If they all are agreeable what is the problem? If you don’t want to play you don’t have too. Why do certain people think they know what’s best for everyone.

See the problem is not the fans,,,we can easily go without fans,,,the problem is that unlike the bubble some pro sports are doing....all of the team and staff will be mixing with the general population ,,,,on campus in town etc,,,,and the team is close in lockers and such so that when one player picks up the virus,,,,irrespective of symptoms,,,,,he will likely infect several other players or staff,,,,and because of the sneaky nature of the virus,,,everyone who has had

close contact with the several players testing positive will be forced into some kind of quarantine....its a logistical nightmare.

So we say maybe nobody will get infected,,,,,but with 50000 cases a day its going to be difficult to keep teams clean of virus,,,,if we had 5000 cases a day nationally we could have much more confidence....

aloha

I agree with elder in that there's nothing that wrong with giving it the old college try....but its wrong to think that testing alone can get the season to run smoothly.

The NBA and the NHL are making things work but thats because they play in a bubble...even Fauci projected that playing in a bubble had a good shot....but college football wont be able to do that. Likely what we can expect is outbreaks within teams...the Florida Marlin thing,,,,players are fine one week and then we get 13 positives and then who quarantines,,,,just the positives or the whole team? for 2 weeks? geez....and how many games will run into that issue.?...Even if we manage to get games going the odds of completing anything that looks like a season with this much virus running around the country is clearly problematic. Would be great and if we had the freakin thing under some kind of control we could feel confident to play, but alas it is what it is.

aloha

The SEC built in that 3-4 week cushion bc there to be an outbreak with kids coming back.

The simplest answer is have the players sign a waiver to play but make sure that if they decide to sit out, they get to keep their scholarships to show that there is no coercion or retaliation. If you do that, you should be good to go. I think the conferences cancelling are worried about liability, but the solution is there.

The simplest answer is have the players sign a waiver to play but make sure that if they decide to sit out, they get to keep their scholarships to show that there is no coercion or retaliation. If you do that, you should be good to go. I think the conferences cancelling are worried about liability, but the solution is there.

I thought of this too. But, this is America and all it takes is just “one” death for a lawsuit to creep in.

See the problem is not the fans,,,we can easily go without fans,,,the problem is that unlike the bubble some pro sports are doing....all of the team and staff will be mixing with the general population ,,,,on campus in town etc,,,,and the team is close in lockers and such so that when one player picks up the virus,,,,irrespective of symptoms,,,,,he will likely infect several other players or staff,,,,and because of the sneaky nature of the virus,,,everyone who has had

close contact with the several players testing positive will be forced into some kind of quarantine....its a logistical nightmare.

So we say maybe nobody will get infected,,,,,but with 50000 cases a day its going to be difficult to keep teams clean of virus,,,,if we had 5000 cases a day nationally we could have much more confidence....

aloha

I can understand if you are concerned about a potential lawsuit if a player gets seriously ill. Let’s sign a waiver then and guarantee a scholarship for those that do not want to play. As you stated a player has a chance of getting it from mixing with the general population. We ALL do. There is no virus free zone. I don’t buy the opinion that they are in close quarters with each other so they have a higher chance of catching it. I believe these players and coaches are at a higher level of health and safety then the general population.I assume the pro teams are using locker rooms too and will be in close contact with each other. We can come up with a million reasons why not. As a wiseman Nike once said “Just Do It”. If one of the million reasons occurs after all the health & safety measures taken just shut it down.

ND with 2 players positve and 9 in quarantine. Welcome to how the season will be go with a lot of the players gone and missing for games - practices shut down and possibly people on ventalators and dying.

https://www.wndu.com/2020/08/12/two-positive-covid-19-tests-nine-in-quarantine-for-notre-dame-football-team/

Edited by Domer Dude

Sorry for the inconvenient truth that people are dying. 277 people died just this Tuesday in Florida.

The NCAA's chief medical officer and two of its infectious disease expert advisers warned Thursday the uncontrolled spread of the coronavirus throughout the United States remains an enormous obstacle for college sports to overcome.

“I feel like the Titanic. We have hit the iceberg, and we’re trying to make decisions of what time should we have the band play,” said Dr. Carlos Del Rio, executive associate dean at Emory.

Sorry for the inconvenient truth that people are dying. 277 people died just this Tuesday in Florida.

The NCAA's chief medical officer and two of its infectious disease expert advisers warned Thursday the uncontrolled spread of the coronavirus throughout the United States remains an enormous obstacle for college sports to overcome.

“I feel like the Titanic. We have hit the iceberg, and we’re trying to make decisions of what time should we have the band play,” said Dr. Carlos Del Rio, executive associate dean at Emory.

Not saying "rona ain't serious but man turn off the TV, get some air. I have noticed both sides of this issue go to their preferred doom artist or non-doom artist. The facts lay in the middle somewhere. Be smart, take precautions and live your life.

You state some facts and a quote from a doctor and people act like you are flipping out. Sorry man I guess it’s the state of the world, stating facts is now going hysterical.

Nice specificity. Work for the media? What are the demographics of those 277 people? Are they healthy as f*** football players...? This is the problem with the chicken littles...never wanna tell you the whole story, because it's not convenient for the their fear.

Sign the waiver. Play ball. If you get sued after the player signed the waiver, grow some balls and fight the lawsuit...f*** settling. That's the problem with the legal system, today...it's not attorneys. It's the innocent defendants who settle like little b*tches... Grow a pair and fight.

ND with 2 players positve and 9 in quarantine. Welcome to how the season will be go with a lot of the players gone and missing for games - practices shut down and possibly people on ventalators and dying.

https://www.wndu.com/2020/08/12/two-positive-covid-19-tests-nine-in-quarantine-for-notre-dame-football-team/

Also, ppl who will be fine and feel absolutely zero symptoms. But you do you...

You state some facts and a quote from a doctor and people act like you are flipping out. Sorry man I guess it’s the state of the world, stating facts is now going hysterical.

Facts like the players are more likely to die in a car wreck than from Corona? Facts like the death rate for 18-22 is like .0000001%

And a Dr from Duke University, said sports can be played.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/article244881902.html

Facts like the players are more likely to die in a car wreck than from Corona? Facts like the death rate for 18-22 is like .0000001%

Honestly I haven’t seen many people who think that this is going to kill college aged kids. We still don’t know about the long term effects however, such as the Big 10 saying they have at least 12 football players who at one point had Covid and now have Myocarditis.

I think the highlight of that story is actually the contact tracing. They were able to identify the other people that came in contact and quarantine immediately to avoid further exporuse. Without those resources, who knows how many of the players would have it just put in the community. Clemson came in with 40 positives! Before practices or anything really began.

Nice specificity. Work for the media? What are the demographics of those 277 people? Are they healthy as f*** football players...? This is the problem with the chicken littles...never wanna tell you the whole story, because it's not convenient for the their fear.

Sign the waiver. Play ball. If you get sued after the player signed the waiver, grow some balls and fight the lawsuit...f*** settling. That's the problem with the legal system, today...it's not attorneys. It's the innocent defendants who settle like little b*tches... Grow a pair and fight.

Chicken Little’s? You are a jack a__. Who can’t hold an adult conversation without throwing out disparaging remarks. He stated facts and this is how you react to them. You are the one with the issue.

What I want to know is I got banned in for a year swearing at a poster who was spreading slanderous lies but this constant crap is acceptable by multiple different posters.

Anybody hear how these schools that are cutting NCAA athletics continue to allow intramurals...? You can't make this stuff up. And, remember, most campuses are not as isolated as Notre Dame's where most people live on campus. Insane how stupid these admins are. Either allow all sports or don't allow anything. Comical.