Big Ten likely moving to conference

Unbelievable, just cancel the season.

Just imagine if the other conferences go down a similar road. Would the ACC hold ND hostage and tell them to join the conference in full or our teams won’t play you in any sport?

I would typically say no chance of this happening but who know anymore this year.

Just imagine if the other conferences go down a similar road. Would the ACC hold ND hostage and tell them to join the conference in full or our teams won’t play you in any sport?

I would typically say no chance of this happening but who know anymore this year.

I very much expect other conferences to do this and shrink the season to 10 games. Apparently, they’ll take in ND for this year (see tweet below) It’s friggin dumb, Wisconsin can travel to MD but it’s unsafe for them to play at Lambeau? There’s no logic to it.

Edited by ELDER06
Apparently, they’ll take in ND for this year[/url]

Interesting. They are already playing three schools from each division. I say put us in the Coastal and keep the three games against the Atlantic teams and see how it goes. Win the Coastal and rematch vs Clemson for A “conference championship”

That’s assuming we could win the Coastal. I think it would be manageable though.

Interesting. They are already playing three schools from each division. I say put us in the Coastal and keep the three games against the Atlantic teams and see how it goes. Win the Coastal and rematch vs Clemson for A “conference championship”

That’s assuming we could win the Coastal. I think it would be manageable though.

IDK, I’m just kinda fed up with this whole situation, totally lacking in critical thinking and reason.

IDK, I’m just kinda fed up with this whole situation, totally lacking in critical thinking and reason.

No disagreement there. Just trying to hold out some hope that there is some form of college ball this fall. I haven’t missed basketball, baseball, or any other sport thus far but no football would be a boring fall.

I wouldn’t mind seeing ND win a division or better either. Would be a nice asterisk in their football history.

Edited by USAFA03_HUGENDFAN
Misspelling fix
Well they just announced they are not playing out of conference games, there goes the Wisky game and my bet it we won't see college football in the fall anyhoo.

It does feel like this is a last ditch effort to put a season together. I just don’t get it, maybe you don’t have fans, but these kids are at much more risk from the flu. And if there is no football, that’s a death warrant for a lot of of other collegiate sports.

No disagreement there. Just trying to hold out some hope that there is some form of college ball this fall. I haven’t missed basketball, baseball, or any other sport thus far but no football would be a pooring fall.

I wouldn’t mind seeing ND win a division or better either. Would be a nice asterisk in their football history.

I get it. I hope they can salvage something and I am glad they’re not potentially being left out in the cold as an Independent. BYU and Army are screwed.

I get it. I hope they can salvage something and I am glad they’re not potentially being left out in the cold as an Independent. BYU and Army are screwed.

The MountainWest will probably help BYU especially if some of their CA schools won’t be able to play due to State restrictions.

Have to figure Army Liberty and UMass would get help from the American or maybe ConfUSA

ConfUSA would also probably save UNMS.

that's dumb. so iowa can fly to penn st. and play but they cant bus to ames iowa to play iowa st. or it's okay for Nebraska to fly to new jersey to play Rutgers but playing south Dakota st. is awful. who's making these rules.

that's dumb. so iowa can fly to penn st. and play but they cant bus to ames iowa to play iowa st. or it's okay for Nebraska to fly to new jersey to play Rutgers but playing south Dakota st. is awful. who's making these rules.

The only thing I can think of is that they are a conference and have set rules in place of what every school must do to be able to play football. In your scenario maybe Nebraska doesn’t trust South Dakota’s protocol on how they are testing their guys. Let alone does S. Dakota have the funds to test stringently like the other bigger conferences? Also, follow the money trail. It’s always about money. Does it make sense financially for these conferences to play ooc schedules when no real revenue is being made. Keep it in the b10 and broadcast your games on the b10 network. Plus, is their a liability issue that OOC teams can sue other conferences if players coaches etc get Covid or die because the cleaning crew forgot to clean a stall? Lots of issues to be worked out still. I’m not saying some of these rules aren’t stupid. But I am playing devils advocate and can understand the concern.

Well they just announced they are not playing out of conference games, there goes the Wisky game and my bet it we won't see college football in the fall anyhoo.

It's been confirmed- ND-Wisky at Lambeau Field cancelled.

Damn, That game was on my buket list

ACC is going to be stacked this year. Kinda sad for them about no OoC if it happens.

Miami got that highly talked about QB out of Houston (King)

UNC has been recruiting like crazy. Like top 5. Mack Brown is kicking *** down there.

VT and UVA have been coming along.

FSU looks like it’s ready to right the ship

Georgia Tech I think might surprise some people this season, too.

The way I see it Miami, FSU, Clemson and UNC could be really hard to beat this season.

Then you have teams like VT, UVA, Pitt, BC and Syracuse who can really show up for certain games (especially against ND)