Black Monday

Officer Tim McCarthy

He’s almost 60, no NFL experience, he’s not going anywhere. The only college coach I see making the jump is Matt Rhule.

According to NBC Pro Football Talk, he's informed his players he will be talking with the NFL. Tells me he's a goner and will be interesting to see how he makes the jump. O'Brien pulled it off when leaving PSU but largely due to his time with the Patriots.

I know Ruhle has coached in the NFL but was he ever a coordinator or just position coach? He's a good coach for sure but will need to put together a pretty good staff depending on which team hires him.

According to NBC Pro Football Talk, he's informed his players he will be talking with the NFL. Tells me he's a goner and will be interesting to see how he makes the jump. O'Brien pulled it off when leaving PSU but largely due to his time with the Patriots.

I know Ruhle has coached in the NFL but was he ever a coordinator or just position coach? He's a good coach for sure but will need to put together a pretty good staff depending on which team hires him.

I would be shocked if any team hires Kelly. He's an ok coach, but his record against top teams is quite bad.

The NFL trend nowadays is to hire young, up and coming coaches. That eliminates Kelly. The Giants and Panthers already have stated they want to talk to Ruhle. The Jets interviewed him last year. He could take the leap while he is a hot commodity.

I just can’t see it. This job physically burned him out, and while the grind isn’t yr long in the NFL, it’s ratcheted up a lot in season. NFL coaches are expected to put in 90-100 HRs each week, it’s absolutely brutal.

Just to be clear, do you mean RUhle informed his players, or that Kelly said that? I'm guessing Ruhle, but just making sure...

Not a bad pay day for a guy with a college record just over .500! Time will tell obviously.

That’s not really fair. He started at Temple and then took over at Baylor when they were almost facing the death penalty. I’m not sure how he’ll do in the NFL, but there’s no doubt he’s a great college coach.

Not a bad pay day for a guy with a college record just over .500! Time will tell obviously.

Pretty good pay day for a guy who got Temple into the top 20 and turned around a program completely depleted and only had 2 losses to a playoff team totaling less than 10 points for both games..

But you can't be serious with your snarky comment..