Jones Jr. Run Screenshot

FaithInIrishForever

I don't know how good this will come out. But Tony's 84 yard run was my favorite play of the day

attachment.php?attachmentid=1320&stc=1&d=1577579578

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">TONY JONES JR!!<br><br>84 YARD SCORE!!!<br><br>IRISH EXTEND THE LEAD TO 27-6!!! HUGE run!! <a href="https://t.co/8SWi6fQFpj">pic.twitter.com/8SWi6fQFpj</a></p>— ND Whiteboard (@ND_Whiteboard) <a href="

">December 28, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2073202764_Jonesrun.thumb.jpg.dff7db661a0ea46869ed0aea20960ea0.jpg

Edited by FaithInIrishForever

Same, I didn’t know he had that kind of speed. He does it all, pass protects, catches the ball, runs hard and has not fumbled to my knowledge. I hope he returns.

Watching Armstrong run made Jones look like a burner.

I don’t think he has great speed. Iowa State isn’t the best measuring stick.

This is what I’ve noticed with our running backs since Kelly has been here. Our guys tend to struggle to read their blocks or create their own holes most of the time. Some of them it takes until their senior year to finally get it. (Jones, Hughes, Gray to mention a few) Even the guys that had good seasons and have had big runs did so because the holes were huge and easy to run through. Jones seems to see the right hole but to slow to get their sometimes. Armstrong just flat out misreads it sometimes. We need that five star back that can read the play, get to that hole and be able to make things happen when needed. All our guys are missing one of those three mentioned in some regard.

Same, I didn’t know he had that kind of speed. He does it all, pass protects, catches the ball, runs hard and has not fumbled to my knowledge. I hope he returns.

Watching Armstrong run made Jones look like a burner.

I doubt he gets a high enough draft stock to justify leaving. I doubt he would even get drafted this year. I like Jones Jr, but I kind of agree that he is more of a #2 back...

I doubt he gets a high enough draft stock to justify leaving. I doubt he would even get drafted this year. I like Jones Jr, but I kind of agree that he is more of a #2 back...

I wasn’t assuming he was going to leave for the draft. I thought he might not get invited back but I could be way off on that.

3 blocks made this a TD... Kmet, Finke and Tremble.

That is ND football at its best. Not flashy but hat on a hat, and better leverage. Looked like the Holtz era.

Yes, it was a very fundamentally sound well blocked played. Glad to see that level of execution in the running game and hope it continues going forward.

It's rare, but a few NFL teams still have it, it has mostly replaced by the second tight end position.

Yeah, I mean, I feel like you’d get a lot more bang for your buck by having a TE who could go in motion and fill that role (plus all other typical TE roles), rather than purchase a FB you’ll use once in a blue moon, unless of course he’s like Bettis and play FB or TB...