***THE Official Irish vs Cyclones Game Day Thread***

chirodomer

I’m not sure about that, but UVA doesn’t belong in the Orange Bowl

Of course not and the downside of the damn ACC conference affiliation! Damned if we do, damned if we don't scenario...We soundly beat them but they get the benefit and why we need to alter the NY6 Bowl structure and or affiliation. How many 10 Win teams were shut out? None I can think of yet here we are...GO IRISH!

I’m not sure about that, but UVA doesn’t belong in the Orange Bowl

Of course not and the downside of the damn ACC conference affiliation! Damned if we do, damned if we don't scenario...We soundly beat them but they get the benefit and why we need to alter the NY6 Bowl structure and or affiliation. How many 10 Win teams were shut out? None I can think of yet here we are...GO IRISH!

I’m still a big fan of Matt Campbell. If you think about Iowa State’s situation, it’s an accomplishment they’re even in a Bowl game.

Same here... between him, Rhule, Campbell and Lea I think one will be a huge success.

You can’t blame Campbell, ND is leaps and bounds better at nearly every position.

I still think this team deserved a NY6 bowl. I’ve never seen a team get punished so badly for one off game.

I think if Michigan didn’t get blown out against Wisky and tOSU that ND would had got the benefit of the doubt. But those Michigan losses and the way they blew us out really hurt.

-3.5.... sometimes the bookmakers are just flat out wrong.

I think most didn’t know how ND was going to come out. No NY6 bowl and playing a somewhat crumby Iowa State team, will MD sleep walk in this game. Also, when has a top 10 ND team been snubbed like this. It doesn’t happen often so they really didn’t have much to go off of besides talent. Which they clearly made the mistake on.

I don’t like what I was seeing from Rees. We needed more downhill runs, not sideline sweeps. Our best plays were made by the athletes rather than the scheme.

And I loved that Jones run, but he’s not doing that against a talented defense.

I thought he did well, but again, ND still needs to explore their options.

Who did they beat this season? Who did they lose to? Not very hard to figure it out if you look at it objectively.

I think these bowls are messing up by being tied to certain conferences. Think about the money they could be making if they chose better matchups. Or how about somewhat of a seeding. Obviously you have the top four. But what if 5 and 6 played today. Along with 7 vs 8. Last week 8 vs 9 and 10 vs 11 and so on. All leading up to this week. I can dream I guess.

I also think we saw how Book progressed throughout the year in this game. To start the year he was putting his head down and running at the first sign of pressure.

On two of the long Claypool completions he stood in the pocket and delivered darts downfield. I believe this was an emphasis after the Michigan game and it showed.

Also his fourth down run in the first quarter was classic Ian Book. We saw it vs USC, VT and multiple other games. Books legs are often a difference maker.