Trump supporters?

I saw a report one rioter is dead from shots fired by law enforcement. Right now less lethal munitions don’t seem so bad, huh? Maybe when the next “peaceful protest” by left wing crackpots happens the cops can dispense some of the former and not the latter. Equality, right?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a report one rioter is dead from shots fired by law enforcement. Right now less lethal munitions don’t seem so bad, huh? Maybe when the next “peaceful protest” by left wing crackpots happens the cops can dispense some of the former and not the latter. Equality, right?

She was inside Capitol Hill and was shot after smashing a window and aiming to enter further into the building where sitting senators and congressman were present. Don't play with fire kids. She was most certainly not shot by a police officer. It's ridiculous to even contemplate conflating issues here.

She was inside Capitol Hill and was shot after smashing a window and aiming to enter further into the building where sitting senators and congressman were present. Don't play with fire kids. She was most certainly not shot by a police officer. It's ridiculous to even contemplate conflating issues here.

Don't even bother trying to reason with someone stupid enough to present that **** as a real argument.

It's ridiculous to even contemplate conflating issues here.

All summer we saw the same kind of bullshit. I live very close to where a lot of it happened, so I’m familiar with it. The police and government officials placated the mob. Look up the statements about less lethals. The mob tried to seal a police building..... with officers in it..... and light it on fire. Perhaps had they squashed the dipshits on the left, the dipshits on the right wouldn’t be so emboldened? A trend was set.

Make no mistake, I’m not for what’s happening in DC right now. The people who stormed the building are criminals and I have no qualms about less lethal or lethal means being used. The same way I felt about the crap this summer in Portland and Seattle. Those left wing idiots deserved EQUAL TREATMENT.

It would be nice if both moderate sides of the aisle could make some headway towards making things better.

All summer we saw the same kind of bullshit. I live very close to where a lot of it happened, so I’m familiar with it. The police and government officials placated the mob. Look up the statements about less lethals. The mob tried to seal a police building..... with officers in it..... and light it on fire. Perhaps had they squashed the dipshits on the left, the dipshits on the right wouldn’t be so emboldened? A trend was set.

Make no mistake, I’m not for what’s happening in DC right now. The people who stormed the building are criminals and I have no qualms about less lethal or lethal means being used. The same way I felt about the crap this summer in Portland and Seattle. Those left wing idiots deserved EQUAL TREATMENT.

It would be nice if both moderate sides of the aisle could make some headway towards making things better.

Fair point.

Fair point.

Bombs were found, they stormed the capital armed while out nations leaders were in there, this is no different than an ISIS terrorist attempt. Mind boggling this is being justified.

Benghazi, you trumps remember that I am sure. Disgusting

Edited by Jim2Dokes

Mind boggling this is being justified.

I cannot be any more emphatic when I say it ISN'T justified. I am simply saying are we actually surprised it could come to this? All summer mobs have ruled. Then you have a pretty testy election cycle. One candidate loses and then proceeds to badger the fringe of his respective side. Since nobody else has been held accountable, I don't think it's a stretch to think this could have happened.

I cannot be any more emphatic when I say it ISN'T justified. I am simply saying are we actually surprised it could come to this? All summer mobs have ruled. Then you have a pretty testy election cycle. One candidate loses and then proceeds to badger the fringe of his respective side. Since nobody else has been held accountable, I don't think it's a stretch to think this could have happened.

Reason this happening wasn't a stretch to me: Trump has been telegraphing some version of this for, well, just about ever.

Reason this happening was a stretch to me: The POTUS incited a violent, deadly attempt to disrupt the actual execution of our constitutional process for peaceful transition of power.

I get the attempts here, but they don't work. First, both things happened during the Trump administration and seem to a targeted byproduct of his modus operandi (see any Steve Bannon quote on race issues being winning issues for Trump). Secondly, the US has a long, objectionable history of violent protests that span its history but, by my count, this is the first time there has been a violent attempt to overthrow its process for executing presidential transition. This is a new threshold that would have happened with or without the BLM protests. Trump simply needed to make unfounded claims to a portion of his base eager for any excuse to believe in them and point them towards a target.

lmao. Keep trying to find an equivalent that’s not false. Trump advocated for this, affirmatively encouraged it, and then refused to call the national guard to end it. Then he sent video messages ostensibly telling them to go home but actually inflaming the crazy.

Twist to find someone else to blame! Twist! You’re almost in a pretzel!

Reason this happening wasn't a stretch to me: Trump has been telegraphing some version of this for, well, just about ever.

Reason this happening was a stretch to me: The POTUS incited a violent, deadly attempt to disrupt the actual execution of our constitutional process for peaceful transition of power.

I sort of expected some stuff to happen no matter who won. Both extremes are just out of control. Although I gotta say.... storming the capital is not something I would have imagined. I figured it would just be people throwing rocks and screaming about whoever won. Things are a mess. Talk about an awkward inauguration ceremony now!

Edited by ckp160

Bombs were found, they stormed the capital armed while out nations leaders were in there, this is no different than an ISIS terrorist attempt. Mind boggling this is being justified.

Benghazi, you trumps remember that I am sure. Disgusting

Didn’t antifa spend all summer trying to burn down the Portland justice center?

Edited by ELDER06

lmao. Keep trying to find an equivalent that’s not false. Trump advocated for this, affirmatively encouraged it, and then refused to call the national guard to end it. Then he sent video messages ostensibly telling them to go home but actually inflaming the crazy.

Twist to find someone else to blame! Twist! You’re almost in a pretzel!

But he was bad for calling the National Guard in Portland. BTW, isn’t it funny how their prissy b1tch of a Mayor is now actually threatening action against antifa?

But he was bad for calling the National Guard in Portland. BTW, isn’t it funny how their prissy b1tch of a Mayor is now actually threatening action against antifa?

No, none of this funny. And, it would have been even more horrific if the Mayor of Portland had held a rally with Antifa suggesting, in no uncertain terms, that they lay siege to the federal building.

No, none of this funny. And, it would have been even more horrific if the Mayor of Portland had held a rally with Antifa suggesting, in no uncertain terms, that they lay siege to the federal building.

He basically did.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kptv.com/news/portland-mayor-ted-wheeler-joins-protesters-downtown-holds-listening-session/article_0990b4fc-cca1-11ea-ada0-fb3cc2e01fe8.amp.html

I'm aware that he met with the protestors but thanks for sharing. So I'm clear, the difference here is that he A) did not say, "march down main street to the courthouse, I'll be right there with you" and/or B) did not make a public statement after they disgracefully torched it saying that he loves them and that the day would be "remembered". Additionally, it's clear that this group hadn't been gathered by him or, hell, even supported him. A failure to recognize the differences in these situations reads to me as willful blindness or some level of support for what happened. You have zero responsibility to care about how I'm interpreting the 'yeah, but' reaction, but I'm finding it important to be a lot clearer and more candid about my dissent to responses that seek, on any level, to accommodate or equivocate about what transpired yesterday.

tqfLrb9.jpg

This is intentionally obfuscating the issue.

First, it's not as if the looting and destruction of those buildings was not widely and uniformly condemned. I know we can all find soundbytes of people attempting to justify it, but they will not be people at the level that rival the president. So, BOTH are wrong.

Secondly, the picture of "the worst terrorist attack" as the image so mockingly/smugly phrases it forgot to include the part where members of the US government attempting to seat a US president had to be evacuated from a government facility after being pumped up by the president to march on that building and inconvenience overthrow the legislative branch and the aforementioned final responsibility in seating a president of the united states.

Let me repeat this. Armed civilians, at the behest of the current president, stormed the government with the express purpose of stopping he government from seating a president of the united states.

This image doesn't diminish in any way the magnitude of what occurred yesterday.

Armed?

What they did was absolutely horrible, but they weren’t armed.

Maybe I'm taking a leap there, fair point. Reports of pipe bombs, the tear gas and the images I saw of guns in some of the brief clips took me there (I wouldn't myself describe the spears or those sorts of things as armament). Perhaps the guns were in fact police in the crowd (this isn't snark, just an honest reflection)?