ND vs VT Predictions

It's going to be awful weather. So, the game will hinge on whether the O-line can play better against VT's front 7 than Michigan and vice-versa regarding our defensive front 7. I haven't seen VT. So, I have no idea how physical they at the line of scrimmage.

VT's DL is their weak link. They have decent LBs and a pretty good secondary. Their offense has looked a lot better since making a QB change after their 35-point loss to Duke. They are starting two true freshman on the OL.

VT's wins are against Old Dominion (31-17), Furman (24-17), Miami (42-35), Rhode Island (34-17), and North Carolina (43-41 in 6OT). For the record that is zero FBS teams with a winning record (Miami and UNC are both 4-4, Old Dominion is 1-7 in C-USA) and 2 FCS teams.

I think the ND defense will play a lot better this week - like 2nd half of the Virginia game better - but I have no faith in the offense. I expect Book to look more of the same against Bud Foster's defense that will bring a lot of pressure. Hopefully ND can get a few chunk plays and hopefully the OL can play much better. ND needs to be able to run to win.

27-17 ND

It’s the old Jekyll and Hyde syndrome, it’s been haunting ND for years ;)

ND - 45

VT - 14

BTW weather report now is for perfect football weather ....sunny and temperatures in 50s. I am in SB now (Friday)and it sunny not a cloud in the sky temperatures low 40 with a slight wind.

Edited by ND_JACK

Depends on whether or not Justin Fuente's job is in jeopardy, since we've made a recent habit of helping coaches previously on the hot seat retain their jobs.....wonder if Clay or Jim have any plans to do beers and poker with BK any time soon....

Unless we get the hokies that lost to Duke, I predict the season will come off the rails tomorrow.

35-27 Hokies

Brian Kelly has not shown us once since he's been here that his team will fight when the ultimate goal is off the table.

In 2014 after losing the 10 turnover game at ASU we were flat out embarrassed by NW, Louisville, and USC to finish out that campaign.. Not being a players coach will cost him again when these kids start focusing on their draft stock as opposed to which bowl game they'll end up in.

Unless we get the hokies that lost to Duke, I predict the season will come off the rails tomorrow.

35-27 Hokies

Brian Kelly has not shown us once since he's been here that his team will fight when the ultimate goal is off the table.

In 2014 after losing the 10 turnover game at ASU we were flat out embarrassed by NW, Louisville, and USC to finish out that campaign.. Not being a players coach will cost him again when these kids start focusing on their draft stock as opposed to which bowl game they'll end up in.

These were my thoughts as well. If we don’t collapse like we did in 14 we will lose at Stanford at the least as Kelly is terrible out there.

I admittedly have not watched a ton of VT, but I saw some crazy stat that they are 10-2 in their last 12 road games vs AP ranked team. I have watched a bit though, they have a big running qb and he’s going to cause fits for our defense. If we had trouble with the Michigan running backs then it’s going to be a long day trying to tackle this guy.