Phil has to be the starter

nd2000

Good call. Why don’t you apply for it and go to another board.

Thank You. Day after comments border on the ludicrous. We got our asses handed to us last night but weather and home field/momentum played huge. How much of a difference may have occurred had Jones not touched the blocked punt? Game could've hinged on that play. However the way the scUM Oline and run game gouged us for so many yards is the bigger question.

On to VaTech and Go IRISH!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FK phil fk Booke...and Fk Kelley....This entire university is a joke...our foot ball team is mediocre at best...our defense is fki g horrible...have you notice there isn't one defensive player on the field with any muscle definition. They are all soft...yall can make excuse for them all you want...but I am telling you it is a **** school with a **** football team.

We will never win another national championship.

When is Kelley done....he got his *** whipped by one of the worse coaches in college football.

The entire university is a joke because of this? Get the fvck outta here then and go follow someone else.

That’s fine, then it was partly his doing when they had awesome OLs. You can’t have it both ways

Which is fine but that goes for the kelly apologists too when they are embarrassed again on national television it's his fault and has to take blame. You cant blame players when they lose and praise kelly when they win

Thank You. Day after comments border on the ludicrous. We got our asses handed to us last night but weather and home field/momentum played huge. How much of a difference may have occurred had Jones not touched the blocked punt? Game could've hinged on that play. However the way the scUM Oline and run game gouged us for so many yards is the bigger question.

I agree with what you said. However, those factors Did not contribute as hugely to the ***-whupping that occurred out there. Teams have to deal with bad weather and adjust to it, same with dealing with hostile crowds. Kelly already admitted that the staff failed to give much attention to the silent snap count post Georgia, which was known way ahead of time as the biggest game in forever there. How is the Big House with 100k Skunkbears any different, and he's played there before to boot?

Key plays plus or minus certainly make a difference in games, same with bad calls by the refs. But to be so completely dominated and ill-prepared every play on O especially goes way beyond a ball bouncing this way or that.

The D can't always be great, there may be a let down game. But for gosh sakes every "good" season Kelly has had, it happened moreso because of a solid defense. I can't say our offense has done the same through year ten. Outside of the BVG years our defense has been pretty reliable under Kelly, the O has not and it's Jekyll and Hyde every game/season, you don't know what you are going to get.

Until this program finds a legit vertical passing game, they will continue to be easily defended by good defenses and get obliterated.

These basic statements could not be more false. ND has had a vertical passing game under Kelly - Will Fuller ring a bell? It’s not that simple. A couple years ago the defense was the problem. Now everyone is pointing to the offense.

The team needs more elite players, plain and simple. You cannot recruit one 5* player in 5 years and expect to constantly develop players to compete at an elite level.

For the first time in 20 years I felt like ND was actually close to being truly elite again. The 2020 and 2021 classes could have produced some special teams. This was a monumental set-back for the program and unacceptable for a coach with 10+ years with the program.

I’m turning on the game to see if Phil starts this Saturday. If he doesn’t, I’m turning it off. I want progress and change. If I don’t see that then I won’t watch. I will not watch a coached team that lives in mediocrity any more. I saw Faust, TY, Weis, and Davie. I know when the gig is up. Im done with it. And no, this doesn’t change my loyalty to ND. I want a coach that can will us to victory or at least coach like one. Michigan is above average right now. We have more talent. This team quit yesterday for the first time since Weis loss to Syracuse. It was that bad. ND didn’t have 100 yards of offense till mid 4th quarter! They didn’t have the ball over the 50 till late third. Our o-line couldn’t block and we never changed it up to help anyone. Michigan is not that much better than us. But Kelly didn’t have ND prepared- at all. 2 weeks to prepare!! Our guys looked like they hated the rain. Kelly looked like a scared unibomber with his hands folded on the sidelines all night. No fire, no will, when can I go home already attitudes. That was as disgraceful as a game as it gets. Either Phil starts, or I’m out until then....

First of all, Michigan played in the weather too. Didn't stop them from whipping our ***, did it? Secondly, home field ALWAYS defeats Kelly against half way decent teams. He's 0-11 on the road against Top 20 (not Top 10) teams and 4-12 against Top 25. He's a lousy away game coach. Period. Why don't you just admit we got our *** kicked by a better coached, prepared and physically superior team? That's what happens when you lose 45-14. Face it. Deal with it.

These basic statements could not be more false. ND has had a vertical passing game under Kelly - Will Fuller ring a bell? It’s not that simple. A couple years ago the defense was the problem. Now everyone is pointing to the offense.

The team needs more elite players, plain and simple. You cannot recruit one 5* player in 5 years and expect to constantly develop players to compete at an elite level.

For the first time in 20 years I felt like ND was actually close to being truly elite again. The 2020 and 2021 classes could have produced some special teams. This was a monumental set-back for the program and unacceptable for a coach with 10+ years with the program.

Well said. The real key to ND being elite is getting elite players. They are recruiting 8 to 10 win players and that may be as good as it gets given that a player can snooze out three years at Bama only getting up before noon on Saturdays and get a fat NFL check.

I agree with all of this. I just think it’s beyond dumb to fire Kelly for PJ Fleck. Those kind of rash decisions can ruin a program (see Nebraska).

I’m turning on the game to see if Phil starts this Saturday. If he doesn’t, I’m turning it off. I want progress and change. If I don’t see that then I won’t watch. I will not watch a coached team that lives in mediocrity any more. I saw Faust, TY, Weis, and Davie. I know when the gig is up. Im done with it. And no, this doesn’t change my loyalty to ND. I want a coach that can will us to victory or at least coach like one. Michigan is above average right now. We have more talent. This team quit yesterday for the first time since Weis loss to Syracuse. It was that bad. ND didn’t have 100 yards of offense till mid 4th quarter! They didn’t have the ball over the 50 till late third. Our o-line couldn’t block and we never changed it up to help anyone. Michigan is not that much better than us. But Kelly didn’t have ND prepared- at all. 2 weeks to prepare!! Our guys looked like they hated the rain. Kelly looked like a scared unibomber with his hands folded on the sidelines all night. No fire, no will, when can I go home already attitudes. That was as disgraceful as a game as it gets. Either Phil starts, or I’m out until then....

He’s not that good. Him starting won’t make much of a difference on how the season plays out. I do agree, this team looked soft last night, that’s unacceptable.

He’s not that good. Him starting won’t make much of a difference on how the season plays out. I do agree, this team looked soft last night, that’s unacceptable.

What's the point of going with Book at this point? You know exactly what you are getting- a limited passing game with a limited running game because Book does not stretch the field or cause teams to not load the box. It's pointless unless you want to try to hit your 10 win mark.

I want to see Phil or whoever and start prepping for someone with the talent and can lead us to a National Championship. I don't like to rest on my laurels and point out 10 win seasons that don't mean anything.

What's the point of going with Book at this point? You know exactly what you are getting- a limited passing game with a limited running game because Book does not stretch the field or cause teams to not load the box. It's pointless unless you want to try to hit your 10 win mark.

I want to see Phil or whoever and start prepping for someone with the talent and can lead us to a National Championship. I don't like to rest on my laurels and point out 10 win seasons that don't mean anything.

I think a Book needs to be benched, but Jurkovec is no savior.

And Book is? What's the point of sticking with him? Kelly is using the Harbaugh playbook with Book. He's my best option. Patterson is terrible and the games I have seen of McCafrey he looks like the more talented one. But they both keep trucking out these two in hopes that they can squeeze more talent out of three star potential. That's a good way to waxed like we did and they did against Wisconsin. We are at year 10! And we are still trying to find a qb that isn't a 3 star talent in Kelly's era. Terrible

And Book is? What's the point of sticking with him? Kelly is using the Harbaugh playbook with Book. He's my best option. Patterson is terrible and the games I have seen of McCafrey he looks like the more talented one. But they both keep trucking out these two in hopes that they can squeeze more talent out of three star potential. That's a good way to waxed like we did and they did against Wisconsin. We are at year 10! And we are still trying to find a qb that isn't a 3 star talent in Kelly's era. Terrible

No, that’s what I’m saying. Neither are any good, but Book’s awful play is cause for him to be benched. If you’re expecting a drastic turn around on Offense with Jurkovec, you’ll be disappointed

so dramatic

How is that dramatic? You think the future is with Book? Lol

I just don’t see it with Phil, I hope I’m wrong but at the same time I’d like to see him with the first stringers. I’ve just never seen a good qb who can’t throw a spiral, heck I haven’t seen an average qb who couldn’t throw a spiral.

How is that dramatic? You think the future is with Book? Lol

I just don’t see it with Phil, I hope I’m wrong but at the same time I’d like to see him with the first stringers. I’ve just never seen a good qb who can’t throw a spiral, heck I haven’t seen an average qb who couldn’t throw a spiral.

I just read this about Book at Notre Dame Our Blogger: "he’s beaten 8 teams from 14 career wins who were .500 or worse (or currently .500 or worse) and his 3-3 (now 3-4) record against ranked teams (kindly including the LSU bowl win) doesn’t feature wins against anyone better than No. 15th in the country."

Blows my mind how many of you still think the regression of QBs under BK-- so wildly textbook and predictable after a decade-- has something to do with the caliber of recruits we get.....and that the next man in or a different type of QB is going to help us turn the corner or achieve more in a season.

It's not the QBs. It's the coach and whatever system he has in play that turns talented players into pumpkins in their 2nd or 3rd year under his watch.

The young inexperienced QBs only thrive here because a few slivers of their raw talent and years of grooming elsewhere trump whatever craziness occurs under BK.

They regress....every...single...time. Phil might be the answer to help salvage the rest of the reason, but he will be the next Ian Book midway through next season.

Brian Kelly cannot, has not, and will never take even the most elite high school QB recruit and turn them into the player they need to be to win consistently at this level.

Edited by echo88

Blows my mind how many of you still think the regression of QBs under BK-- so wildly textbook and predictable after a decade-- has something to do with the caliber of recruits we get.....and that the next man in or a different type of QB is going to help us turn the corner or achieve more in a season.

It's not the QBs. It's the coach and whatever system he has in play that turns talented players into pumpkins in their 2nd or 3rd year under his watch.

The young inexperienced QBs only thrive here because a few slivers of their raw talent and years of grooming elsewhere trump whatever craziness occurs under BK.

They regress....every...single...time. Phil might be the answer to help salvage the rest of the reason, but he will be the next Ian Book midway through next season.

Brian Kelly cannot, has not, and will never take even the most elite high school QB recruit and turn them into the player they need to be to win consistently at this level.

I just don’t see any factual data that can dispute this. You see coaches getting average talent to play over their heads all the time. We rarely if ever see that with BK. Our entire OL comes to mind as well over the years.

But it is excruciatingly obvious with our QBs over the years.

BK needs to be held accountable.

Not looking for Jurkovek to be a savior but to gain experience for next season. Book has shown his ceiling and getting to the playoffs was it. All ND fans want to get to the playoffs and win. Give Jurkovek a chance to prove himself with meaningful minutes this year. He has a stronger arm and will actually keep the ball on the zone read.