***The Official Irish vs Bulldog Game Day Thread***

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have come to realize my relationship with ND football is like Brokeback Mountain. It always feels bad when it screws me and I'm always like "I wish I knew how to quit you ND football."

I blame Kelly for making me care about ND football again.

I had kinda given up on them until he did what he did in 2012.

Now it's must-see TV.

I just don't drink alcohol before or during games because I find my yelling and language get a little out of control.

I don't always agree with what I see on TV. Then I look up and ND goes 24-5 over three years.

Darn that Kelly.

I agree. Win 10/11 games and use this as a season to continue to build momentum with recruiting. Keep building sustainability.

I'm with yah here if they win 10-11 and win a new years 6 bowl game it would be a very successful season. They regained some credibility last night, now they need to respond well the rest of the season and get a big time bowl win and I'll be very happy with this year

STFU. UGA is a top 5 team, you’re so pathetic, you’d rather protect your ego than admit ND is better than you gave them credit for

Yup it's sad some people would prefer being right over nd being good. I admit I did not expect much from tonight and I was very wrong and am happy to admit it. Georgia had won how many straight home games by 14+ point prior to last night? Nd showed up last night and proved they're a legit top 10 team. It's ok to admit when your wrong, unfortunately some people just cant do that

The sad thing is it’s the same damn result, sooner or later we have to win one of these games. Whether it’s by 28,17,14,6, etc.... a loss is a loss.

Actually goirish if you look at my prediction on page 1 I said Georgia 27-21 but even that shocked me given Kelly’s past. I have no issue admitting I was wrong thinking it could have gotten out of hand but these results wear you out, especially when the game was there for the taking for so long.

The game was lost because they had better players. Where were ours? The one position we overworked all game and had a walk on. Kevin Austin and McKinley were 5 stars or highly rated 4 stars and never saw the field.

This defence can play with anyone but this offence and Longs lack of creativity aren’t beating any top ten team. Kelly is stubborn and we’ve seen it since the Tulsa game. I’d make Clark Lea the next head coach, I’ve seen the same result for ten years and it isn’t good enough.

The sad thing is it’s the same damn result, sooner or later we have to win one of these games. Whether it’s by 28,17,14,6, etc.... a loss is a loss.

Actually goirish if you look at my prediction on page 1 I said Georgia 27-21 but even that shocked me given Kelly’s past. I have no issue admitting I was wrong thinking it could have gotten out of hand but these results wear you out, especially when the game was there for the taking for so long.

The game was lost because they had better players. Where were ours? The one position we overworked all game and had a walk on. Kevin Austin and McKinley were 5 stars or highly rated 4 stars and never saw the field.

This defence can play with anyone but this offence and Longs lack of creativity aren’t beating any top ten team. Kelly is stubborn and we’ve seen it since the Tulsa game. I’d make Clark Lea the next head coach, I’ve seen the same result for ten years and it isn’t good enough.

I think this offense and team could beat anyone other than ‘Bama, Clemson, and Oklahoma.

Ohio State maybe.

Looking at the prediction thread is amusing.

So many people predicting a 30-something to 13 whipping.

I think those people may be even more upset with this close loss than they would have been with a UGA stomping of the Irish.

Maybe they can start to realize that ND is so much closer than they have been in a quarter century. Close but no cigar, sure, but close.

Bring in a 5 star running back and receiver and maybe they’ll be that much closer? Oh, they have that in this recruiting class?

I watched the game last night, but thankfully couldn't hear the idiotic Gary Danielson (and his partners) due to the noise in the room I was in. After the game I'm reading all these comments about how players are faking injuries. So I decided to watch those parts of the game this morning. Why the f*ck would the announcers continuously say that JOK wasn't hurt, and that he was faking an injury. Did anyone on the broadcast team investigate the injury? Two plays before that he got his bell rung trying to make a tackle. The next play he was wandering around and didn't even participate in the play. I think Gilman, who seems to be a pretty stand up guy, recognized it and did the right thing. I guess player safety is a problem now, especially when it's an inconvenience for the other team.

Edited by JoeyD

I think our issues stem from the fact that our o line has underachieved since heistand left and our RB recruiting under denson was not good at all. A couple of untimely injuries left us in a bad spot and we still hung in to the end on the road against a top 5 team. Our rb recruiting has already improved under taylor with a 5 star talent coming in next season (a long with a 5 star wr) so hopefully playmakers like that and learning from another close loss will be enough to get us over the hump and finally winning a game like this.

We're knocking on the door and are closer then weve been since Holtz stepped away, ifs not time to blow everything up