Need Some F’ing TV Shows

irishwavend

What are you guys binging? GoT is gone. West World is on break. Walking Dead is on break (tho I’m binging Fear the Walking Dead now). Handmaids Tale has gone weekly... Need to watch Stranger Things (when the mood strikes me). Man in the High Castle is on break. Tried Jack Ryan...not really my style the way it’s produced. Trying Das Boot and Catch-22. Big Little Lies is really boring. Why did the Americans stop...bummer. Why did Revenge stop....bummer. I need some more post apocalyptic sh*+ but it always gets cancelled. Could totally do a space show too. Watchmen looks cool on HBO, but not sure when it comes on. Peaky Blinders was eh...I wore down toward the end of season 2. Anybody got anything else? Chernobyl was awesome. My wife says Hannah is good. The OA is on break...

What do yall watch? I need something new...

What are you guys binging? GoT is gone. West World is on break. Walking Dead is on break (tho I’m binging Fear the Walking Dead now). Handmaids Tale has gone weekly... Need to watch Stranger Things (when the mood strikes me). Man in the High Castle is on break. Tried Jack Ryan...not really my style the way it’s produced. Trying Das Boot and Catch-22. Big Little Lies is really boring. Why did the Americans stop...bummer. Why did Revenge stop....bummer. I need some more post apocalyptic sh*+ but it always gets cancelled. Could totally do a space show too. Watchmen looks cool on HBO, but not sure when it comes on. Peaky Blinders was eh...I wore down toward the end of season 2. Anybody got anything else? Chernobyl was awesome. My wife says Hannah is good. The OA is on break...

What do yall watch? I need something new...

You need to continue watching peaky blinders. The 700 club airs new episodes all the time though, sure you would be a fan. There is always Trumps twitter feed for your entertainment if things go dry!

Edited by Jim2Dokes

Thanks! What’s 700 Club?

I was jokin with ya, although I am pretty sure you know what it is lol. Anyways, that last episode of season 2 Peaky blinders is some of the best tv I have seen, but to each their own. Tom Hardy, little finger, and Adrian Brody all make their presence felt in the other two seasons. It’s worth the watch just for the great acting of nothing else. Black mirror is really good as well, like the twilight zone. Grand tour on Amazon is fun.

I was jokin with ya, although I am pretty sure you know what it is lol. Anyways, that last episode of season 2 Peaky blinders is some of the best tv I have seen, but to each their own. Tom Hardy, little finger, and Adrian Brody all make their presence felt in the other two seasons. It’s worth the watch just for the great acting of nothing else. Black mirror is really good as well, like the twilight zone. Grand tour on Amazon is fun.

Ha! Looked up 700 Club. That religious stuff?!?! Haha. I know I’m conservative but I am far away from the evangelical right. I actually think they hurt party but I’ll take their vote. Ha! As for me, I’m not the most religious and in fact feel guilty when I use it on my children to get them in line - almost like telling a girl you love her just to do it with her. Ha. Anyway, I appreciate the joke.

Back to the topic though - the 100 is also on break and Revolution and Jericho got cancelled. Oh and Ozark! Love learning how to embezzle money. Haha.

Edited by irishwavend

Bosch- Prime

Mind hunter- NFLX

Narcos-NFLX

Succession- HBO

Someone else mentioned Ozark, so after that I’m out of ideas. Comedies are even harder to come by with the SJW/PC wave. I’m a big fan of Corporate on Comedy Central and Rick and Morty on Adult Swim.

Edited by ELDER06

Agreed. Nothing else comes close.

Red Dead Redemption 2 has to be at least close. Anything Rockstar puts out is high quality. I'm very much looking forward to GTA 6, but it sounds like that's at least 2 years away, where it will be released to coincide with the new PS 5 or whatever they're going to call it.

I opened this thread specifically to recommend "Peaky Blinders." It might be my favorite show . . . ever. But it sounds like you already gave at least a season a whirl and it was not your gig. Different strokes I guess.

"Narcos" is excellent.

I didn't think I'd like it, but I really enjoyed the first season of "13 Reasons Why."

Edit:

I don't know how old you are, but if you enjoyed the first couple of "Karate Kid" movies, check out "Cobra Kai" on youtube. I give this one a full-throated endorsement. But that may have a lot to do with the era I grew up in.

If you don't mind subtitles, "Gomorrah" is excellent if you like gangster shows. It's in Italian and shot in Naples.

I've watched a couple of episodes of "Top Boy" and decided it is worth finishing. It's set in working class London estates. It's good, not great.

Edited by DamshaBua

• 2 weeks later...