2021 Recruiting Prospects

That seems to be the case. ND was recruiting him as a safety, but he wants to play WR. It also sounds like him not being able to visit ND really hurt - ND was the perceived leader at one point. Probably ends up at USC.

Ugh! Hope not. Stay home at Hawaii, young man

Edited by Jersey Irish
  • Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of today I think ND will land Aupiu, Estime if they choose, and possibly one other. Weight is a take no matter what and maybe someone reaches out in the next couple of weeks.

I could see ND sniffing around the transfer portal for a senior spa Nick Mccloud for next year at a position or two. With the free year of eligibility they have extra flexibility but still the ability to be very selective.

As of today I think ND will land Aupiu, Estime if they choose, and possibly one other. Weight is a take no matter what and maybe someone reaches out in the next couple of weeks.

I could see ND sniffing around the transfer portal for a senior spa Nick Mccloud for next year at a position or two. With the free year of eligibility they have extra flexibility but still the ability to be very selective.

Full court press sbould be on Edwards and Wright

Early signing day begins in one week. All current commits are expected to sign early. Other potentials would be Devin Aupiu and Donovan Edwards. Edwards is a long shot but Michigan is a dumpster fire right now. After the early period we shall see f ND goes after anyone else. Ceyair Wright is the only guy 100% and maybe Audric Estime if Edwards goes elsewhere.

Early signing day begins in one week. All current commits are expected to sign early. Other potentials would be Devin Aupiu and Donovan Edwards. Edwards is a long shot but Michigan is a dumpster fire right now. After the early period we shall see f ND goes after anyone else. Ceyair Wright is the only guy 100% and maybe Audric Estime if Edwards goes elsewhere.

With it looking more likely Harbaugh will not return, the position coaches Edward's has developed relationships with will likely be gone as well. With the rumor mill running full speed, Campbell is the name most often mentioned but it will come down to Edward's wanting to play for State U and not the head coach. Have to believe it is at a minimum weighing on his mind though his HC is a former WR for MI so strong ties to the school. GO IRISH!

Interesting developments at Michigan for sure..it sounds like they want to extend Harbaugh under terms that make it easier for them to can him with a lower buyout. Definitely an interesting negotiation situation - if that were me I'd just decline and let them pay me out under the current terms. Given the program losses due to Covid, plus the cost of buying out all the assistants and then hiring new coaches, M's hands may be tied.

I wonder if the coaches are asking Estime to not sign next week until we hear from Edwards?

I wonder if the coaches are asking Estime to not sign next week until we hear from Edwards?

if ND doesn't land Edwards then getting either cardwell or estime become a must (estime seems more likely imo). I just hope ND doesn't get burned again buy putting all their eggs in the Edwards basket like they did earlier with will Shipley and come out with nothing.

if ND doesn't land Edwards then getting either cardwell or estime become a must (estime seems more likely imo). I just hope ND doesn't get burned again buy putting all their eggs in the Edwards basket like they did earlier with will Shipley and come out with nothing.

Edwards appears headed to Michigan imo

Cardwell seems like a West Coast guy.

I'd take Estime's commitment and move on before he gets irritated.

The great part about having a stud O-Line is that you do not necessarily need 5 star RBs. Get the really good guys who want to be here.

Agree with all your points PJacks. I think Edwards is a real difference-maker and would love to have him, but I really liked Estime's film. He has great size and good wheels / shiftiness and would do very well with our scheme and quality of OL. I'm hoping we hear from Edwards soon enough that we have time to chase Estime.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="

">@AudricEstime</a> of <a href="
">@SJRFB</a><br>✅ Led the state in rushing<br>✅ Ran for over 4,000 yards in 30 career games<br>✅ Bulldozed, juked or hurdled just about everyone<br><br>There aren't too many like #2<br><br>Get to know <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NJFootball?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NJFootball</a>'s Player of the Year<a href="https://t.co/tIeB82dCFX">https://t.co/tIeB82dCFX</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NJFootball?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NJFootball</a></p>— Pat Lanni (@PatLanniHS) <a href="
">December 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

247: Announce details set for RB Donovan Edwards

West Bloomfield (Mich.) running back Donovan Edwards will make his college commitment known on December 16th at 3 p.m. ET. This is according to West Bloomfield head coach Ron Bellamy.

FWIW, it still feels like he goes to Michigan, feels engrained into him.

Edited by Big23Head

This kid MIGHT be a RB option but it is weird. Aupiu brought him up the in his ND interview...but the timeline does not make sense. His school options are also confusing as of recent interviews.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I will be officially committing/signing on Dec. 18th <a href="

">@10AM</a> in the BCHS gymnasium.</p>— Deshun Murrell (@deshun_03) <a href="
">December 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> Edited by Big23Head