2021 Recruiting Prospects

It is much harder to hit on game changing QBs than RBs. I think ND has to step up their RB recruiting. Tyree was great but too often, they get a 3 star or low 4 star. You can win with a Book at QB is you have 1 or 2 stud RBs. By stud, I mean better than K. Williams.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is much harder to hit on game changing QBs than RBs. I think ND has to step up their RB recruiting. Tyree was great but too often, they get a 3 star or low 4 star. You can win with a Book at QB is you have 1 or 2 stud RBs. By stud, I mean better than K. Williams.

Not many are

Loy crystal balled Philip Riley back to ND! Gilliam had a zoom call with the ND staff I think

Things are heating up. Recruit and close. This would be a big step. Add in Titus and we have a top 10 class.

Plus we could add more. Keep winning. Keep recruiting

Loy crystal balled Philip Riley back to ND! Gilliam had a zoom call with the ND staff I think

Things are heating up. Recruit and close. This would be a big step. Add in Titus and we have a top 10 class.

Plus we could add more. Keep winning. Keep recruiting

isn't Ceyair Wright planning a visit to ND, I thought I read that somewhere.

isn't Ceyair Wright planning a visit to ND, I thought I read that somewhere.

Yes along with a couple other schools.

ND needs to finish this year and could end up with 4-5 guys to really close this class nicely. There is a lot going on behind the scenes right now in a positive way. Just win baby win.

Yes along with a couple other schools.

ND needs to finish this year and could end up with 4-5 guys to really close this class nicely. There is a lot going on behind the scenes right now in a positive way. Just win baby win.

Loy also crystal balled Kahanu Kia to ND along with Wiltfong.

Only Loy flipped his pick for Riley so far

We are still recruiting Edwards hard

Is this realistic? Lose Abriara, then add

Kia, Riley, Gilliam, Titus and maybe 1 or 2 more if we could get back into it with some big prospects

Loy also crystal balled Kahanu Kia to ND along with Wiltfong.

Only Loy flipped his pick for Riley so far

We are still recruiting Edwards hard

Is this realistic? Lose Abriara, then add

Kia, Riley, Gilliam, Titus and maybe 1 or 2 more if we could get back into it with some big prospects

I think that is possible.

Kia is one of those "In Clark Lea and Nick Lezynski We Trust" type recruits. Riley seems like a real chance. Gilliam is listening with interest. I think Titus may stay west but a visit changes that. Wright could be an option. Another RB. They are in a good spot. Just win.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ISD Video | Scott Shrader of <a href="

">@USCScoop</a> caught up with top 2021 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NotreDame</a> target Ceyair Wright (<a href="
">@ceyairr</a>).<br><br>The California CB talks about his upcoming visit plans to South Bend & Ann Arbor along with his thoughts on the West Coast schools. <br><br>(FREE) <a href="https://t.co/UZWllZ0fHJ">https://t.co/UZWllZ0fHJ</a></p>— Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="
">November 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">☘️New episode of Pod Like a Champion☘️<br><br>*Recruiting impact of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NotreDame</a>'s win over Clemson<br>*Discussing the five recruits on campus<br>*Latest on a few remaining 2021 targets<br><br>🎙️: <a href="https://t.co/zYUu1Q4VwL">https://t.co/zYUu1Q4VwL</a> <a href="https://t.co/qSzOIvrIvv">pic.twitter.com/qSzOIvrIvv</a></p>— Mike Singer (@Rivals_Singer) <a href="

">November 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Big. That's what I was referring to. Rocco had something similar in a tweet.

Complete guessing game trying to decipher a recruit's tweets, but my two guesses would be Kahanu Kia or Philip Riley.

Kia would be a good guess since he was on campus with Blake and other commits last weekend, but he is still planning to take visits to several schools. It really could be Riley - lots of smoke and positive buzz that he is flipping back to ND. That would be a huge win. He has a ton of talent and could play either CB or Safety - both positions of need this cycle.

Any way you see us getting back into the game with Landon Tengwall?

They will probably reach out (if they haven't already) considering his talent level and the fact that PSU this year is a disaster. But he seems like a guy who will end up at PSU, even if they go 0-8. Don't see much traction there.

It sounds like they are looking for another OL. Maybe trying to get Caleb Johnson to flip from Auburn - but there could be others too.

They will probably reach out (if they haven't already) considering his talent level and the fact that PSU this year is a disaster. But he seems like a guy who will end up at PSU, even if they go 0-8. Don't see much traction there.

It sounds like they are looking for another OL. Maybe trying to get Caleb Johnson to flip from Auburn - but there could be others too.

Curious if this means we are not solid on the 4 OL we have, talent not great in ‘22, or if the team is looking at position changes (ie Rocco to DL).

Or I guess the number are just good enough to take another high star OL.

Curious if this means we are not solid on the 4 OL we have, talent not great in ‘22, or if the team is looking at position changes (ie Rocco to DL).

Or other players leaving early for the NFL or trasnfering.

I think they just want 5 OL. Not sure if that was always the plan or if something changed - but I know they like all 4 commits.

I'm curious who comes back next year on the OL. Would Hainsey come back? Kraemer? Banks? Patterson is the only one who will for sure be back.

Alright, so I'll give a more in depth post about my personal thoughts on the potential finish to this case. This all assumes ND keeps winning and ends up in the ACC Championship at least.

RB - ND is looking at 3. Edwards and Cardwell are the longer shots but winning could improve that and is improving that. On Edwards, he plans to EE so that means signing in the early period ( Dec. 16-18 ). I have seen reports that Edwards is ok leaving home and some that indicate he may want to stay closer in the end. Michigan could very easily finish 4-4 with getting housed by OSU on Dec. 12th. It sounds like there is smoke to Harbaugh and Michigan parting ways this year as well. That could all add up to a perfect storm for Edwards to ND. Cardwell isn't deciding anytime soon and wants to visit. If he visits on his own, game on. The last one is still being evaluated.

OL - ND is after multiple OL right now. NDs current OL will be in it for the Joe Moore award again and should land another quality OL in this class.

DL - right now it appears to be Gilliam. This will be a battle. Lots of reasons for him to attend OU but ND has him talking and thinking. If not him, ND may be able to garner interest from another DL...just win.

LB - As of today, Kia should be Irish.

CB - I think Philip Riley ends up at ND and signs early. I think Ceyair Wright will come down to USC and ND. So does he stay west closer to home and have an acting career. Or does he leave and come to ND. He definitely fits ND on and off the field. He is also visiting ND again in a few weeks.

S - Not sure ND gets Titus. But if they add Riley and Wright that will be fine. Maybe they go after Titus as an ATH but he will need to be convinced he will get a real shot at WR.

Other players will become available if ND wins out the regular season at the least. They may actually end up turning some away.

Edited by Big23Head
Alright, so I'll give a more in depth post about my personal thoughts on the potential finish to this case. This all assumes ND keeps winning and ends up in the ACC Championship at least.

RB - ND is looking at 3. Edwards and Cardwell are the longer shots but winning could improve that and is improving that. On Edwards, he plans to EE so that means signing in the early period ( Dec. 16-18 ). I have seen reports that Edwards is ok leaving home and some that indicate he may want to stay closer in the end. Michigan could very easily finish 4-4 with getting housed by OSU on Dec. 12th. It sounds like there is smoke to Harbaugh and Michigan parting ways this year as well. That could all add up to a perfect storm for Edwards to ND. Cardwell isn't deciding anytime soon and wants to visit. If he visits on his own, game on. The last one is still being evaluated.

OL - ND is after multiple OL right now. NDs current OL will be in it for the Joe Moore award again and should land another quality OL in this class.

DL - right now it appears to be Gilliam. This will be a battle. Lots of reasons for him to attend OU but ND has him talking and thinking. If not him, ND may be able to garner interest from another DL...just win.

LB - As of today, Kia should be Irish.

CB - I think Philip Riley ends up at ND and signs early. I think Ceyair Wright will come down to USC and ND. So does he stay west closer to home and have an acting career. Or does he leave and come to ND. He definitely fits ND on and off the field. He is also visiting ND again in a few weeks.

S - Not sure ND gets Titus. But if they add Riley and Wright that will be fine. Maybe they go after Titus as an ATH but he will need to be convinced he will get a real shot at WR.

Other players will become available if ND wins out the regular season at the least. They may actually end up turning some away.

Im interested if any others from Mich or PSU shake loose, regardless to ND or elsewhere.

I have no idea what Edwards is looking for in a school, but M has quite a stable of RBs in Haskins, Corum and Chabonnet yet they managed just 18 yards on the ground against IN last week. Their top OL (Jalen Mayfield) is out. They haven't recruited well on the OL in the past few years, but to their credit they have developed talent there to put into the NFL.

On the flip side, Kyren has been tearing it up with our other backs running quite well, and pounding the rock has become our identity. We have some stud OL recruits coming in each year.