Hows Lacrosse Looking?

They play in the ACC champ today at 2 vs Virginia. I've never played lacrosse, but I like to watch, but am really just a casual fan without superb insight...

We looked good beating Duke last week. We lost several games that we should have won against top competition by giving up a lot of late goals and blowing big leads. Our goalie was really good last weekend against Duke and the team seems to be hot offensively. SO - I think we can make a run.

Pros:

Face-offs....best ND's had in a while!

Back end of their D....Long poles are experienced and playing well!

Scoring options on offense...Lots of people that can find the back of the cage!

Cons:

Goalie Play...inconsistent to just bad.

SSDM...one player in particular that literally gets beat every play and totally screws their D up...no clue how he plays at all, let alone so much.

Scoring Droughts...As mentioned before, they have options...too many times this year they just don't execute/finish...Corrigan continues to run a vanilla offense that just doesn't get the most out of his players.

ND really hasn't put together a complete game all year long. If Hopkin's plays like they have in their last 3 games, it will be a quick exit for the Irish.

He was horrendous but coaching is partly to blame.

Ya, this one is on the coaches..right from the beginning, he did not put his team in position to win this game...

No Garnsey until 7:00 left in the first..Really?

No Mirer...Hot hand...really at all....

Absolute worst defender on your team, matched up against their absolute best playmaker on their team most of the game...Really?

Last play was horrible goalie play, as he didn't move his feet at all on a cream puff shot, but the fact that they didn't slide there, when there is no time on the shot clock is an absolute joke.

Corrigan has put ND on the map for lacrosse, but he showed today why he will never win a championship.

Ya, this one is on the coaches..right from the beginning, he did not put his team in position to win this game...

No Garnsey until 7:00 left in the first..Really?

No Mirer...Hot hand...really at all....

Absolute worst defender on your team, matched up against their absolute best playmaker on their team most of the game...Really?

Last play was horrible goalie play, as he didn't move his feet at all on a cream puff shot, but the fact that they didn't slide there, when there is no time on the shot clock is an absolute joke.

Corrigan has put ND on the map for lacrosse, but he showed today why he will never win a championship.

Admittedly, I don’t know enough about LAX strategy to really critique his game plan. However, that goal in OT was just horrendous Goalie play. The kid needs to be replaced before next Yr.

Admittedly, I don’t know enough about LAX strategy to really critique his game plan. However, that goal in OT was just horrendous Goalie play. The kid needs to be replaced before next Yr.

Unfortunately, the kid choked...He was tense/tight and he knew it...Look at his reaction after the game.... Duke is that team that is totally in ND's head come playoff time. Once it went into OT, I felt 100% certain that they would lose...unfortunately, so did they...The shot should have never happened....There totally should have been a slide on that kid that prevented him from having a shot at all...Not only did the goalie choke/tighten up, so did the back end of their D.