It scares the hell out of me when I think of my ex wife and her bf. A mothers new bf is the most dangerous person to children after a mentally ill mother.

Absolutely. It saddens me the number of times we get called on domestics involving single mothers vs not the father of her child(ren). I understand companionship is a strong pull for people, especially single mothers. I try my hardest to implore folks to pump the brakes and really get to know who you are with, and really take notes on how they interact with their kids etc. And I speak from personal expereince being a stepfather.

It scares the hell out of me when I think of my ex wife and her bf. A mothers new bf is the most dangerous person to children after a mentally ill mother.

Not picking up what you’re putting down on this. Waaaaay too broad a statement.

There really is no other way to spin this. Just a horrible, tragic story. I agree with tj4ndIrish that the child is the greatest concern here. RIP. SMH. Just terrible.

He needs to be imprisoned for the rest of his life. My God, killing an innocent child is the worst crime possible.

Not picking up what you’re putting down on this. Waaaaay too broad a statement.

I think he is saying that it's scary for any parent to have no control over the type of person an ex decides to date/marry/expose their children to. Especially when the ex is desperate to fill the void after divorce and when questions about his/her mental health caused the relationship to dissolve in the first place. To be clear, it only matters when you share children with the ex.

I was lucky and the guy my ex married turned out to be a decent fella. But the turbulent and spiteful circumstances of my divorce compelled her to date this guy, let him move in, (with my children living there), and remarry without breathing a word of it to me and after dating him less than 6 months. I actually found out through my then 6 year old.

So yeah, it's scary knowing there is an adult living in the same house as your kids that you know nothing about....and having absolutely no say or recourse in the matter. I know I'd certainly never defer to my ex when it comes to making responsible decisions that would prioritize the welfare of our children above her fear of being single.

**edit**- And it goes both ways. When the girl I was dating turned serious, I arranged for her to meet my ex for drinks and sought input prior to moving in together and introducing our children to her. IMO, that's the right way to do it.

Edited by echo88

Back to the subject...

I think that there were a cluster or kids at ND associated with drugs: Cierre, Stepherson, Redfield, that led Kelly to end up cleaning house.

These kids were always driving all over tarnation in northern Indiana getting in trouble.

I think ND is in a good place now and that the outside influences are more under control.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/mom-ex-nfl-player-used-exercise-to-punish-las-vegas/article_09b66642-5fd4-11e9-a5a2-1fb121612d46.html

This is utterly revolting. I wish it were possible to unread something.

I hope jailhouse justice is real.

None of this is good, but that article makes it seem like the mom was more at fault in this. Who knows what is actually true of course.

Back to the subject...

I think that there were a cluster or kids at ND associated with drugs: Cierre, Stepherson, Redfield, that led Kelly to end up cleaning house.

These kids were always driving all over tarnation in northern Indiana getting in trouble.

I think ND is in a good place now and that the outside influences are more under control.

Cierre Wood left ND in 2012. Stepherson and Redfield were never on campus with Wood.

Classic statements from these two on minimizing their guilt, and of course the mother plays victim how she doesn't have a daughter anymore. Liver trauma is something you typically see in serious motor vehicle crashes. These two deserve what they have coming to them.

Read that last article and it sounds like the mom had no idea how to parent and Wood was sort of thrust into the situation. What a terrible loss of life. Kid was completely a victim of ****** parenting. Parenting is hard enough when you love your children.... it's downright dangerous if you take them for granted. Just emphasizes the importance of social workers who monitor this sort of thing.

My statement was statistically true. Children are safest with their biological father according to stats.

I know. I love when people try to cite an exception to take down an entire rule that is correct based on probabilities. Yes, there may be exceptions, but the rule is the rule.

• 1 month later...