Jack Kiser earns 4th 🌟

rocketsurgery

Didn`t he win the Indiana football player of the year award?

He did, despite playing in the lowest class.

He was also named MaxPreps Small School National Player of the Year. He earned that over multiple 5 star guys and even the #1 recruit on Rivals (Derek Stingley).

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/zgj_yIXhqEaOwaVE-CMqpg/2018-maxpreps-small-schools-all-american-football-team.htm

Not sure I agree with this ranking, but it essentially evens out as a few other guys have dropped past what I believe they deserve.

He's the type of player who has a chance to really shine when he can focus on one, and only one, position. Also, I'm guessing that his S&C was not at the same level as he will see in college.

Somebody did some type of study and identified that the players who out-performed their high school rankings were typically multi-sport athletes, especially ones who played both ways and played a different position that they ended up playing in college.

He's the type of player who has a chance to really shine when he can focus on one, and only one, position. Also, I'm guessing that his S&C was not at the same level as he will see in college.

Somebody did some type of study and identified that the players who out-performed their high school rankings were typically multi-sport athletes, especially ones who played both ways and played a different position that they ended up playing in college.

Oh, I completely agree that there is some legitimate upside. He was the be all everything for his football team while also playing other sports as well. 191 is a tad rich for me, but he certainly was deserving of his Notre Dame offer. All in all it doesn't really matter what his ranking was.

Not sure I agree with this ranking, but it essentially evens out as a few other guys have dropped past what I believe they deserve.

I agree. I think he should be more around where Tranquill was, about 100 overall spots lower. Top 200 is pretty lofty considering he needs to add weight, focus on a position, and played poor competition overall. His flexibility and dominance should not be overlooked but top 200 is up there.

Let's not be comparing this kid to Tranquil. They both are safeties transitioning to LB from Indiana. After that we need to let each be their own player.

Drue is kinda like a Neanderthal, tough as any kid I have seen at ND. He reminds me of my father when in played. Jack is more is finesse.

Edited by Domer Dude

Let's not be comparing this kid to Tranquil. They both are safeties transitioning to LB from Indiana. After that we need to let each be their own player.

Drue is kinda like a Neanderthal, tough as any kid I have seen at ND. He reminds me of my father when in played. Jack is more is finesse.

I was referring to Tranquill the recruit not the ND player. Drue needed time too and that was my point with Kiser's ranking being a little high in my opinion. If he reaches Drue's level then ND won big time with him.

I'm looking forward to see what this kid looks like at the spring game, size wise, and then rolling into fall.

Sorry, but the comparisons to Drue Tranquill are valid. They came into the program ranked very similar as recruits. They play the same position and they have a very high work ethic. Will Kiser become a workout freak like Tranquill, I do not know. But no matter how you look at Kiser, Tranquill pops into the head real quick. Kiser does not have to reach that level to be a success (as I consider Tranquill an elite talent), but they are very similar players.