Article | 2019 ND Oline

Domer Dude

Gotta love that with 4 returning starters, tons of eligibility, and 4* coming, there are still 4% of the poll takers that are "worried" about the O-line in 2019. Ahhh Irish fans....

I'm guessing the reason that people are worried about the O line is that this year's line really wasn't that good so just because most of them are returning doesn't mean they will be good.

I felt that our O line was definitely one of our biggest, if not the biggest, weaknesses this year. I didn't think they were very physical and I didn't think they were effective at dominating the LOS. We could never really run the ball consistently and effectively against decent defensive fronts. If you take away the big runs by Dexter, it would be very interesting to see what our avg yds per rush attempt was--I doubt it was that high. Also, on pass protection, I felt at times they were adequate but not excellent. They were horrible against Clemson.

So I can see why some people would be a little concerned about the line next year.....

I hope I'm wrong, but if we only rushed for 55 yards against Georgia with McGlinchey, Nelson, Mustipher, Bars and Kraemer, I don't see how we're gonna do much better when we go down there with this group. I think the same kind of Georgia 2017/Clemson 2018 performance is what is to be expected.

I think the same kind of Georgia 2017/Clemson 2018 performance is what is to be expected.

Those are two very different games. We lost to Georgia by 1... I fail to see how that is similar to the Clemson loss this year.

Oline will be interesting this year, but we will have 3 returning starters I believe.