18. Fresno State

19. Army

20. West Virginia

21. Northwestern

22. Utah State

23. Boise State

24. Cincinnati

25. Iowa

Top 5 ain't bad but it's horseshit we are behind OSU and especially OU! The Liar is going to get the sympathy vote since he's "done". OU has two mfing losses, two! They were the four seed and lost to the one seed who got **** pounded last night worse than we did to the same team last week. Unbelievable! We beat OU 9 out of 10 times in my book, we could stifle their O and their D just sucks ***.

BTW, Lea did a fantastic job this year with the D and I have no doubt we are elite on that side of the ball. Our big flaw got exposed by Clemson when Love went out unfortunately and we had to pull the reins on our pressure getting to Sunshine. Our bigger flaw is still the offense going into year ten, and facing teams with competent DC and well coached defenses. If Kelly can change the offense more, get rid of Quinn, etc we might finally get everything together for another title run soon....maybe.

Is this a statement ranking? I made a thread about the implications of an ND blowout & how the committee probably may not take ND serious until ND does something to prove otherwise. Albeit, the thread was specific to the committee & not the AP, but I think the sentiment stands clear.

In hindsight, and once again, the SEC lives in a bubble & the conf teams ride on the coattails of their top one or two, who proved to be defeatable. Regardless, they’re considered the elite conference & Bama is the showcase team. Style points matter, as OSU & OU have proven that you can be an offensive machine & lose a couple because of the lack of defense. Apparently, with little regard to point differential.

With all this, has the college football world begun a bold move to pit ND into considering conference membership?

Edited by imroc

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">AP Voters, especially those covering the game, were urged to turn in their ballots early (I did not), even if they were incomplete. That may have played a role in how Notre Dame ultimately finished.</p>— Eric Hansen (@EHansenNDI) <a href="

">January 8, 2019</a></blockquote>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It looks like this may partially explain why ND finished #5, as opposed to #4. For the record, Ohio State was going to finish #3 after the Rose Bowl win - final impressions count. It didn't matter who the #3 and #4 teams in the CFP were.