Julian Love Declares for NFL Draft

tneun89

Good luck and thanks for the great play to JL. Will be a very missed player next season.

Ok who’s filling his shoes because it sure as heck isnt Vaughn?

Shaun Crawford is back - but after three season-ending injuries, I don't feel confident in him staying healthy, much less being a starting CB.

Like everyone else (and probably the coaching staff), I have less than zero confidence in Vaughn.

Tariq Bracy will get a long look after his performance this year. Noah Boykin was the highest rated CB in last year's recruiting class. DJ Brown is another CB in that '18 class.

Maybe Houston Griffith gets a look. I believe he started at CB when he early enrolled last year.

Braden Lenzy is moving from WR to CB - I have no clue how good he is, but I think he was all state in Oregon as a CB his senior year of HS.

A bit of a long shot, but maybe Kyle Hamilton gets a look when he enrolls this summer. He's as close to a 5 star as ND has and he is certainly athletic enough. Not sure how good he would be at CB, though. I know he has looked good in one-on-one at the All American Game practices.

Shaun Crawford is back - but after three season-ending injuries, I don't feel confident in him staying healthy, much less being a starting CB.

Like everyone else (and probably the coaching staff), I have less than zero confidence in Vaughn.

Tariq Bracy will get a long look after his performance this year. Noah Boykin was the highest rated CB in last year's recruiting class. DJ Brown is another CB in that '18 class.

Maybe Houston Griffith gets a look. I believe he started at CB when he early enrolled last year.

Braden Lenzy is moving from WR to CB - I have no clue how good he is, but I think he was all state in Oregon as a CB his senior year of HS.

A bit of a long shot, but maybe Kyle Hamilton gets a look when he enrolls this summer. He's as close to a 5 star as ND has and he is certainly athletic enough. Not sure how good he would be at CB, though. I know he has looked good in one-on-one at the All American Game practices.

Missed Lenzy switching. Thought he was going to help provide our much needed speed at WR.

Just going off rankings (which is flawed of course) I’d like see Boykin and Griffith at CB backed up by Crawford and Bracy.

Safety seems ok at least.....

Love will go down as one of the very best corners in ND history. He will be sorely missed in the secondary next year. Can Vaughn improve? Has dealt with some injuries and limited playing time so it's definitely possible. Maybe a healthy Crawford can move outside? I like Boykin and Bracy a ton, and my money is likely on one of them winning the job. Maybe a freshman surprises like Love did in '16.

I REALLY think we need Lenzy at receiver more than corner. Hopefully this is reconsidered.

I’d agree with this. They had very solid possession WRs with Finke, Boykin, and Claypool. However, none of them can really take the top off a Defense. Lenzy has that kind of speed.

Lots of talented players will view for Love's spot, I think after seeing Vaughn for 3 years he is clearly not the answer.

I imagine Bracy is the leader to replace Love. Griffith looks to be more in the Nickel Corner position, imagine he’ll battle with Crawford for the starting spot.

I’m sorry but I’m not buying Lenzy at corner. Haven’t, seen one thing anywhere about this.

It’s been reported by at least one premium site, with the beat writer relaying the information after having talked directly to the staff.

I don’t think it is a done deal yet, but it sounds like a very real possibility.

FWIW, he was first team all state as a corner his senior year.