Donte Vaughn

Gatsby

Stats before the game showed he was targeted 21 times on the season and gave up 16 receptions. I would love to know the numbers tonight. Love gave up one touchdown all season and Vaughn gave up 2 in a half and was responsible for the third because they had to protect him.

Sorry i dont agree

Players played their guts off all year

I’ve seen enough ND football to know the difference

Like I said , work to get more players like Love

The played their butts off the first 12 games of the Yr and fell flat today. They weren’t good enough today, that’s on them.

Half the O line,

TEs

Secondary

Those positions were exposed.

As for reason being lack of effort/talent/speed/preparation/etc. We could argue all night

I still saw a bunch of em play their guts out , but were outmatched.

Team game. Team effort. Team results.

We needed to click at all positions and didn’t

Sorry i dont agree

Players played their guts off all year

I’ve seen enough ND football to know the difference

Like I said , work to get more players like Love

So we need to find more diamond in the rough 3-star players...got it

I say that in good fun, but yea, Julian Love was a consensus 3-star player developed into a 5-star. Really hard to find those

Quit ragging on the kid, it's not his fault he isn't that good. Sometimes players develop regardless of recruiting status and sometimes they don't. I've seen it happen hundreds of times and he was basically thrown into the fire on the biggest stage of his career.

I doubt he felt very good about his "contributions" to the team's loss after the game. What's done is done and in the end, this team on the whole wasn't any more likely to beat 'Bama in a title game anyway. Better than that team overall? Yeah but not on 'Bama's level by any means.

Pointing out his numbers and how he single handedly led to THREE touchdowns in a half of football is not “ragging on a kid”. If Yoon missed 80 percent of his field goals or a back fumbled 80 percent of the time he carried the ball or a lineman (even a backup) gave up sacks on 80 percent of the snaps he took it’s not unfair to call them on it. I don’t expect him to be Bobby Taylor, but damn!

So 100% on the players and no fault on the coaches at all?

If this game was an exception to the rule I would understand it better. But Kelly falls flat on this face in the big games every single time. It's no wonder ND gets zero respect. I would bet a donation to St.Judes Children's Hospital that even by some miracle the Irish go undefeated next season they will NOT make the playoffs.

If this game was an exception to the rule I would understand it better. But Kelly falls flat on this face in the big games every single time. It's no wonder ND gets zero respect. I would bet a donation to St.Judes Children's Hospital that even by some miracle the Irish go undefeated next season they will NOT make the playoffs.

Yeah this isn't true. None of it. At all

Yeah this isn't true. None of it. At all

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Ask yourself this: If you were on the committee and you had to choose between an undefeated Notre Dame- a habitual curb stomped football program on the big stage- and a one loss Georgia team, who would you pick? I'd even go so far as to pick UCF over Notre Dame if I was on the committee and had to choose based on the awful performances ND has put up in major bowls. We do not deserve the benefit of the doubt any more. A strong body of evidence over many, many years is in.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Ask yourself this: If you were on the committee and you had to choose between an undefeated Notre Dame- a habitual curb stomped football program on the big stage- and a one loss Georgia team, who would you pick? I'd even go so far as to pick UCF over Notre Dame if I was on the committee and had to choose based on the awful performances ND has put up in major bowls. We do not deserve the benefit of the doubt any more. A strong body of evidence over many, many years is in.

Uhh that undefeated Notre Dame team would have had a win over UGA at Athens in this scenario. Not going to happen anyway against Fromm & Co., but your argument is not applicable for next season. I do agree though there will be additional pause with the committee going forward in regards to ND.

Edited by TDUB

Uhh that undefeated Notre Dame team would have had a win over UGA at Athens in this scenario. Not going to happen anyway against Fromm & Co., but your argument is not applicable for next season. I do agree though there will be additional pause with the committee going forward in regards to ND.

Right. My mistake. Notre Dame is going to lose that game so it's a moot point for 2019. But let's take another Kelly year like this one. I think if there's any one loss team that passes the eye test better than ND, we'll be excluded. If you think about it and take your ND hat off, as a fan of college football, wouldn't you want someone else? I would. The evidence is in that we do not belong. I think it is even fairer if it's a team like UCF to bypass ND for them. Let somebody else get a shot. We've had far too many and it should end.

Right. My mistake. Notre Dame is going to lose that game so it's a moot point for 2019. But let's take another Kelly year like this one. I think if there's any one loss team that passes the eye test better than ND, we'll be excluded. If you think about it and take your ND hat off, as a fan of college football, wouldn't you want someone else? I would. The evidence is in that we do not belong. I think it is even fairer if it's a team like UCF to bypass ND for them. Let somebody else get a shot. We've had far too many and it should end.

He’ll, as huge of fan as I am, I have pause now. I’m afraid if we go 12-0 and play Bama, Clemson, tOSU we may get curb-stomp. Can’t imagine what the committee might think now. Especially, when I keep hearing the “4 best teams”

He’ll, as huge of fan as I am, I have pause now. I’m afraid if we go 12-0 and play Bama, Clemson, tOSU we may get curb-stomp. Can’t imagine what the committee might think now. Especially, when I keep hearing the “4 best teams”

Agree same here, even I might think another team deserves a chance