I thought the game plan was good if not great...

Clemson has superior athletes.

Kids had to play a perfect game.

I thought the offensive game calling in the second quarter was atrocious. The worst. The defense at least was keeping us in the game until that final series in the second quarter. That series was set up by ND calling a basic run play on 3rd and 10 from about the 50 that achieved zero yards. Followed by a punt to the end zone.

Clemson was clearly the better team in all aspects. Whoever was calling the plays in the second quarter got waaay too cute, lost ND’s playbook for the season, and put ND into a hole too deep to ever climb out of.

I'm going to call him a loser. Here's why, he can't help himself when he hires assistants from within his bubble. Quinn was a terrible call for OL coach, he couldn't do half the job HH could and it showed in basic fundamentals all year long. Even while HH was here I didn't like the overall offensive scheme as it related to our blocking especially in the run game against defenses with a pulse. We have not had an OL in Kelly's tenure who you could depend on blowing the other team off the LOS especially in the short distances and goal line/red zone. But that's the offense Kelly likes, finesse and not power.

Polian may be a great recruiter but he is a terrible ST coach. Special teams have been a constant problem for Kelly. Yet there are times he admits we don't spend much time on them.

He had to be forced after '16 to make changes, and it worked arguably, though mostly on D IMO. A year later he went right back to the well and put Quinn on OL and still retained Polian.

Couldn’t disagree with you more.

Irish had the best OL in the country last year...bullied LSU.

The narrative last year was our OL was too big and wasn’t built for the athletes of Miami and the likes...

The BK not spending time on Specials was 3 years ago...he has talked about how that has changed too.

I thought the offensive game calling in the second quarter was atrocious. The worst. The defense at least was keeping us in the game until that final series in the second quarter. That series was set up by ND calling a basic run play on 3rd and 10 from about the 50 that achieved zero yards. Followed by a punt to the end zone.

Clemson was clearly the better team in all aspects. Whoever was calling the plays in the second quarter got waaay too cute, lost ND’s playbook for the season, and put ND into a hole too deep to ever climb out of.

The guys in orange had something to do with the Irish going backwards.

Couldn’t disagree with you more.

Irish had the best OL in the country last year...bullied LSU.

The narrative last year was our OL was too big and wasn’t built for the athletes of Miami and the likes...

The BK not spending time on Specials was 3 years ago...he has talked about how that has changed too.

The OL last year was good, and we've had other years the line has been really good as well. All OL are big and playing on your heels vs aggressive defenders running downhill will make you look slow. This has been a deficiency in BK's offense as well as the predictability of the O that has caused problems against good DC. There's been enough defenses who didn't have the athletes of Miami who have blown up our blocking assignment with simple bull rushes with 3-4 man packages.

IMO ND often wins despite Kelly, not because of Kelly. the sooner ND can move on and get a better coach the better the future could be. that is provided that is a good enough coach, and maybe that is the issue.

I like how you just make it seem like it’s that easy to find a better coach

I’d agree the Playcalling was too cute. The reverse flea flicker off the missed FG was stupid as hell.

ND moved the ball last night, but didn’t finish off drives. It’s not like Clemson shut them down entirely.

Kelly's job as HC is his for as long as he wants it. Kelly was hired to fill the seats in the stadium and to get the Irish into bowl games. He has done both.

He was not hired to win National Championships. As long as the $$$$ keeps rolling in Kelly job is safe.

We as fans need to accept mediocrity.

I’m

Kelly's job as HC is his for as long as he wants it. Kelly was hired to fill the seats in the stadium and to get the Irish into bowl games. He has done both.

He was not hired to win National Championships. As long as the $$$$ keeps rolling in Kelly job is safe.

We as fans need to accept mediocrity.

Kelly was hired to win, with a championship as the ultimate goal.

The administration is trying to do what no other program does. Graduate almost every player, only bring in players who actually can and will go to class and be a real student and earn that degree, and win a football championship. I will forever disagree with everyone who states ND must settle for mediocrity, that the academic requirements are too restrictive. I have read and heard pretty much every post/discussion on the subject, but just don’t buy it.

It’s hard. Almost impossible. But not impossible. Finding the right balance of coaching and players and administrative pieces is a work in progress. Not many of the best coaches will be willing to take that on. Kelly has, and he has had ND close twice (and I’m sure many will argue that ND wasn’t really that close either time).

I don’t think ND will ever win a championship with Kelly as coach, but it wouldn’t surprise me either. He has however made ND relevant again, has returned the program to respectability, and has created a real program.

I don’t love him and don’t hate him. I’m thankful ND has him and hope that he has laid the groundwork for whoever succeeds him to take the program up to that next wrung.

I’m

Kelly was hired to win, with a championship as the ultimate goal.

The administration is trying to do what no other program does. Graduate almost every player, only bring in players who actually can and will go to class and be a real student and earn that degree, and win a football championship. I will forever disagree with everyone who states ND must settle for mediocrity, that the academic requirements are too restrictive. I have read and heard pretty much every post/discussion on the subject, but just don’t buy it.

It’s hard. Almost impossible. But not impossible. Finding the right balance of coaching and players and administrative pieces is a work in progress. Not many of the best coaches will be willing to take that on. Kelly has, and he has had ND close twice (and I’m sure many will argue that ND wasn’t really that close either time).

I don’t think ND will ever win a championship with Kelly as coach, but it wouldn’t surprise me either. He has however made ND relevant again, has returned the program to respectability, and has created a real program.

I don’t love him and don’t hate him. I’m thankful ND has him and hope that he has laid the groundwork for whoever succeeds him to take the program up to that next wrung.

I think the playoffs have made it infinitely harder too. Osu Clemson bama and georgia have more talent then everyone else it's just a fact. Can a team in that next group like Oklahoma note dame etc pull off 1 upset? Sure but 2? Nope not going to happen. I would bet anyone right now that those 4 teams will win the next 5 titles.

I think the playoffs have made it infinitely harder too. Osu Clemson bama and georgia have more talent then everyone else it's just a fact. Can a team in that next group like Oklahoma note dame etc pull off 1 upset? Sure but 2? Nope not going to happen. I would bet anyone right now that those 4 teams will win the next 5 titles.

Catch 22, if the Playoff didn’t exist ND isn’t playing for a Title this Yr. No way they get voted in over Clemson and Bama.

Kelly at GVSU....took him 12 YEARS to win a playoff game...he made it and lost 4 times before getting it "right" and winning titles in his last 2 years there...

Kelly at Cincy...his 2008 team went 11-2 and got beat in the Orange Bowl...his undefeated 2009 team got waxed in the Sugar Bowl (granted he did not coach in that game, but realistically it would have made ZERO difference as Florida was clearly better)...

Kelly at ND...has lost every major game against top competition...after 9 years we are apparently no closer to competing in elite level games than we were 6 years ago...lost to Alabama by 28, lost to Clemson by 27...and in-between we collected losses in nearly every top-5, marquis match-up games...

'12 BCS game, Alabama, was 42-14 blow out loss (4 TDs to the bad)...

'14 @FSU...close game, but still another "L"...even if that call at the end was hyper-BS...

'15 @Clemson...stunk for 3 quarters, made a valiant come-back attempt....stupid 2-pt attempt required a second desperation 2 point attempt in a 2 point loss...

'15 Fiesta Bowl, tOSU, was another blow out loss, 44-28, fool's gold thinking we "only" lost by 2 TDs there...

'17 Georgia, 20-19 loss in a great game (excepting the red sea in ND Stadium)...

'17 Miami, 41-8...a disaster about on par with this most recent blow out

This is a not-ready for prime time program. The evidence is clear...ND versus a competent team is a recipe for defeat, again and again and again and again...

The question is will ND really wait another 3 years (or more) for Kelly to figure it out? He DID eventually win championships at GVSU...but it took him an equally long time to figure it out at that level too...

'19 Cotton Bowl, 30-3 and giving up huge plays for most of the damage while fielding an overmatched and incompetently coached offense did not feel like we have moved any distance from the same fate in '13 BCS game...6 years gone and no results to show for it except more proof our current coach cannot prepare a team for big games, at all...

I think Coach Kelly is fine. He's gotten us into the Top 10 conversation a handful of times. Will he ever win one? Most likely not, but to call him a loser is reactionary and very close-minded

I'm thankful for what he's done for the program. Sure I'm disappointed that we won't win a championship with him at the helm, but I would never call him a loser

I agree. before BK ND was a 7.5 win team each year and BK goes 12-0 and looses the first round playoff game and he's a loser. I don't think ND fans will ever be happy unless ND wins every game by 25 points. BK isn't an elite coach but he's done good things for ND. ND is 22-3 the last two years and in the playoff run late into the season 3 of the last 4 seasons. some times when you got it good you forget just how bad it use to be.

Kelly at GVSU....took him 12 YEARS to win a playoff game...he made it and lost 4 times before getting it "right" and winning titles in his last 2 years there...

Kelly at Cincy...his 2008 team went 11-2 and got beat in the Orange Bowl...his undefeated 2009 team got waxed in the Sugar Bowl (granted he did not coach in that game, but realistically it would have made ZERO difference as Florida was clearly better)...

Kelly at ND...has lost every major game against top competition...after 9 years we are apparently no closer to competing in elite level games than we were 6 years ago...lost to Alabama by 28, lost to Clemson by 27...and in-between we collected losses in nearly every top-5, marquis match-up games...

'12 BCS game, Alabama, was 42-14 blow out loss (4 TDs to the bad)...

'14 @FSU...close game, but still another "L"...even if that call at the end was hyper-BS...

'15 @Clemson...stunk for 3 quarters, made a valiant come-back attempt....stupid 2-pt attempt required a second desperation 2 point attempt in a 2 point loss...

'15 Fiesta Bowl, tOSU, was another blow out loss, 44-28, fool's gold thinking we "only" lost by 2 TDs there...

'17 Georgia, 20-19 loss in a great game (excepting the red sea in ND Stadium)...

'17 Miami, 41-8...a disaster about on par with this most recent blow out

This is a not-ready for prime time program. The evidence is clear...ND versus a competent team is a recipe for defeat, again and again and again and again...

The question is will ND really wait another 3 years (or more) for Kelly to figure it out? He DID eventually win championships at GVSU...but it took him an equally long time to figure it out at that level too...

'19 Cotton Bowl, 30-3 and giving up huge plays for most of the damage while fielding an overmatched and incompetently coached offense did not feel like we have moved any distance from the same fate in '13 BCS game...6 years gone and no results to show for it except more proof our current coach cannot prepare a team for big games, at all...

A better question is "does the program expect him to figure that out?" IMO they are perfectly fine with BK fielding a team that boasts a respectable, winning record with student athletes who graduate....I honestly don't believe anyone in the administration expects him to win a title. And they shouldn't. We cannot compete for titles in this current landscape of CFB.

ND couldn't score one lousy touchdown. Way to have your team prepared coaching staff. You suck balls.

So do you Jack O. You wouldn`t know a good coach from a bad cheerleader.

Name one reason why a top coach would go to ND. If Kelly had the same rules to go by as Sabin, that would make a huge difference. AT ND the Coach has to coach.