I’m gonna bring it up...the elephant in the room

imroc

I cringe at the idea.

Is it time to join the big boys & join the NFL minor leagues by lowering academic standards & pulling JUCO players as well as pursue legit 5 stars?

Is it time to simply accept that ND may be a good team & look forward to decent bowl games?

I’ve stated that losing big this CFP may very well set up ND as being poseurs & not taken sweiously again for quite some time. I firmly believe that this will most definitely sit in committee minds for the future. Another UCF’ish squad with a lil better resumé. Pathetic

I cringe at the idea.

Is it time to join the big boys & join the NFL minor leagues by lowering academic standards & pulling JUCO players as well as pursue legit 5 stars?

Is it time to simply accept that ND may be a good team & look forward to decent bowl games?

I’ve stated that losing big this CFP may very well set up ND as being poseurs & not taken sweiously again for quite some time. I firmly believe that this will most definitely sit in committee minds for the future. Another UCF’ish squad with a lil better resumé. Pathetic

No, it’s not time to accept s**t. Stop being a pvssy. ND is never going to be as good as these team consistently but maybe one day they can field a team good enough. It’s a long way off, but it can be done.

No, it’s not time to accept s**t. Stop being a pvssy. ND is never going to be as good as these team consistently but maybe one day they can field a team good enough. It’s a long way off, but it can be done.

Sounds like it’s time to embrace another 30 years then?

if pigs had wings they could fly, but they don't.

ND is already handcuffed with something that isn't even about on the field play and that is unfair. ND football should be on the same level of playing field as anyone else.

Wont ever happen, nd will be more likely to join the ivy league then do that. Call me every feminine name you want but nd doesnt belong here. They've been obliterated every big time bowl they've been in now for 25 years. We better get used to our ceiling being hoping for new years 6 bowls because we dont belong in the playoffs

if pigs had wings they could fly, but they don't.

ND is already handcuffed with something that isn't even about on the field play and that is unfair. ND football should be on the same level of playing field as anyone else.

What’s unfair is the amount of dip s**ts that get into these football factories. It’s not that hard to qualify academically as a football player. It’s just standards are appallingly low at other places.

I don’t think it’s needed. It will always be easier to win at Bama or SC OR OSU. The problem in our recruiting hasn’t been the players we lost to them, but to Other schools. The sky is not falling and we had a great season, just sucks to soul the bed (again) for the world to see and to add more fuel to our haters.

Wont ever happen, nd will be more likely to join the ivy league then do that. Call me every feminine name you want but nd doesnt belong here. They've been obliterated every big time bowl they've been in now for 25 years. We better get used to our ceiling being hoping for new years 6 bowls because we dont belong in the playoffs

STFU. If you can get into an NY6, you can win a title.

Seriously. ND fan are such bitches, even after days as bad as this.

Such a harsh reality. A huge majority of cfb fans are so oblivious to the academic issues & many who are aware, could care less. It’s a far different era in cfb & I feel ND is 3 eras behind

I knew the board badass would come at me. I'm saying I think the best win we can hope for is in a new years 6 game because you can get a weaker opponent like Washington or texas. If you can look at this game and tell me nd is on the same level as Clemson or even close then you arent living in reality

Such a harsh reality. A huge majority of cfb fans are so oblivious to the academic issues & many who are aware, could care less. It’s a far different era in cfb & I feel ND is 3 eras behind

Notre dame is a really good program and probably is deservedly in the 5-15 range. But they havent competed with the elites for a long time, until we win or at the very least compete in 1 of these games why would I be dumb enough to put us in that top 5 category?

I’m not certain that’s true. The NY6 games seem almost like that consolation games now. This new era seems to be far different than anything in cfb history

Edited by imroc

I knew the board badass would come at me. I'm saying I think the best win we can hope for is in a new years 6 game because you can get a weaker opponent like Washington or texas. If you can look at this game and tell me nd is on the same level as Clemson or even close then you arent living in reality

No, they aren’t on Clemson’s level. It doesn’t mean they can’t get there one day, just for one season.

Notre dame is a really good program and probably is deservedly in the 5-15 range. But they havent competed with the elites for a long time, until we win or at the very least compete in 1 of these games why would I be dumb enough to put us in that top 5 category?

I have to agree. I was scrutinized several weeks ago over similar thinking

I cringe at the idea.

That's a weak excuse. Other coaches do more with less.

The real elephant in the room is do we have to join a conference now

That's a weak excuse. Other coaches do more with less.

Which coaches do you refer to?

The real elephant in the room is do we have to join a conference now

Another topic with great bearing & one that I intended to add but forgot to in my mindless frustration while typing.

What would the positives be to joining a conference besides the 13th game? Couldn’t we choose to schedule BYU for our 13th game every year? Not a great program anymore, but as good as Northwestern or Wisconsin.

Not leaving up a playoff selection to chance, assuming the Playoffs don’t expand.

What would the positives be to joining a conference besides the 13th game? Couldn’t we choose to schedule BYU for our 13th game every year? Not a great program anymore, but as good as Northwestern or Wisconsin.

Some would argue it’ll provide a more accurate assessment of the team. This has many holes, IMO. Some would state that it’ll do away with possibly being moved to a backburner if a conf champ wiggles their way in. Which, after today, is most plausible. I’ll be candid & state that if I were on the committee, I’d be hesitant on bringing ND ahead of power 5 conf champs, unless their SOS was very definite. If I were on the committee & saw a replica of ND in 2019, I’d not give ND the nod. Lynch me, but that’s reality