*THE Official Irish vs Tigers National Championship Playoff Game Day Thread*

chirodomer

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to hate Vaughn but at a coach level (not just BK) your backups have to be ready to go. That is the difference between ND and real tier 1 teams.

I agree, Vaughn is beyond terrible, but I blame the coaches more for playing this guy. We have seen Vaughn's act all year, why they continue to play him is beyond me.

Everybody loves him. He wins similar to Saban but he actually has a personality. I hate him personally. No good reason for it, just do. Clearly ND fans and the dumb shots that bet money are the only people who think ND belongs in this game. The team that played in the first half doesn’t believe and I sure as heck don’t see it.

The announcers shouldn’t be saying that. ND earned the right to be here, but they’ve really s**t the bed.

Like Echo, my main goal for this game was to keep it close...ND has made good adjustments all year at half so maybe....just maybe...they make this respectful...Not holding my breath because...................

Losing Love has absolutely killed the D....very unfortunate....

The offense just didn't come to play...I know Clemson's D line is elite, but the fumbles...the dropped passess...the questionable play calling....Book looks like he's been coached to check his #1, and if it's not there, the play is over...IMO, Long did not instill confidence in this offense as they prepped for this game....very unfortunate

Like Echo, my main goal for this game was to keep it close...ND has made good adjustments all year at half so maybe....just maybe...they make this respectful...Not holding my breath because...................

Losing Love has absolutely killed the D....very unfortunate....

The offense just didn't come to play...I know Clemson's D line is elite, but the fumbles...the dropped passess...the questionable play calling....Book looks like he's been coached to check his #1, and if it's not there, the play is over...IMO, Long did not instill confidence in this offense as they prepped for this game....very unfortunate

They’ve been able to move the ball, but they haven’t finished drives. I’m just hoping the final score is within 2 TDs.

This is maddening. All of the hard work put in by so many is being crapped away by the few. Not just at ND, but period, I have never seen a player that plays so little get beaten so much as Vaughn. How could he look everyone in the eye?

Look, I’m sure he isn’t happy at all with his play. He’s been horrible and he knows it. I don’t hate the kid, but I’m pissed.

Clemson’s made the big plays, but ND has shot themselves in the foot more times than I can count. Dumb azz penalties, dropped passes, fumbles. They’re better than this.

This is much worse than Bana imo. ND had the talent to at least keep it close in this game. Deer in headlights this time...

They’ve been able to move the ball, but they haven’t finished drives. I’m just hoping the final score is within 2 TDs.

Making plays when they need them is exactly what cocky/confident teams do...and ya, ND isn't doing it. I didn't see any sense of confidence in this offense....right from the get-go...way too many mistakes...

All of those calls were correct. Vaughn is the worst DB since Gary Gray. He’s awful, and these dumb fckin mental mistakes.

the fumble overturned should not have been. the nose of the ball wasn't touching the ground/white of the sideline. not conclusive.

the ND receiver caught the ball and was making a turn/football move, that should have been a catch.

the fumble overturned should not have been. the nose of the ball wasn't touching the ground/white of the sideline. not conclusive.

the ND receiver caught the ball and was making a turn/football move, that should have been a catch.

even with these ND made too many mistakes and didn't play well at times.